PDA

View Full Version : Playitsam version 2 now available

DoctorW
01-09-2003, 07:47 PM
I've finally made Playitsam version 2 available publicly. If you want to edit/extract TiVo streams and you have a Linux or FreeBSD box, then this tool might be for you:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Playitsam/

Share & enjoy!

Warren

rd001
01-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Bookmarked. Thanks for your efforts, Warren. Looking forward to any further efforts as you have time and inclination.

DoctorW
01-12-2003, 05:25 PM
I'm hoping someone enthusiastic could build a Windows user-interface. Any takers?

grytpype
01-12-2003, 09:00 PM
I just checked this out, and I wonder whether this project could be turned into a Linux MPEG editor rather than what it is.

We already have good video extraction tools like TyTool and MFSStream (that don't require you to figure out what the fsids are) and a good splitter (vsplit), what we don't have is an MPEG editor to cut out commercials.

rc3105
01-12-2003, 09:39 PM

DoctorW
01-13-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by grytpype
We already have good video extraction tools like TyTool and MFSStream (that don't require you to figure out what the fsids are) and a good splitter (vsplit), what we don't have is an MPEG editor to cut out commercials.

GOPchop (see freshmeat) is an MPEG editor for Linux. In fact, I use the GOP editing idea from GOPchop here in Playitsam.

What Playitsam allows is for you to extract only
those sections of the recording that you want. If you only want to extract 20 minutes from a 3-hour program, then Playitsam will only extract the 20 minutes, not the whole 3 hours.

Besides, the more tools, the more choice there is!