PDA

View Full Version : Re: SpruceUp and "Blue Screen of Death" BSOD

Fugg
01-10-2003, 10:50 AM
origionally posted in the dtivo forum.

Originally posted by bmm64
SpruceUp and DVD Maestro both crash with Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), error is 2C "Bad Pool Caller". Spruce up as soon as I launch, DVD Maestro as I'm attaching asset .m2v file.
...Thanks.

Has anyone else ever seen this error?

Spruce works great for me on win98, I get the error above w/win2k.

any clues?

:confused:

KingsHead
01-10-2003, 11:42 AM
I got the same error when I had to reinstall my Win2K server OS. Spruce had worked fine before that with most of the same hardware. The only thing that was different was 256MB more memory and a XP2000 CPU (Did have 1024MB mem and 1.4T-Bird).
BAD_POOL_CALLER indictates a memory problem so I took the 256 out. Still got the error, so I gave up and run Spruce on another machine that I now have set up for DVD stuff.
Do you have SP3 installed ? When I reinstalled I installed all the Service Packs first then applications. I think that, in my case at least, it has something do to with SP3.
Sorry I could not be of more help. At least your not alone in seeing this stop error.

Fugg
01-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I'm running sp2 on a abit kr7a, xp1800, 1gig 333mhz ram.

I'm wipeing and reinstalling as I type... hope that does it...

Rowan
01-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by KingsHead
BAD_POOL_CALLER indictates a memory problem so I took the 256 out.

FYI:
What BAD_POOL_CALLER really means is that someone is tring to free a memory block that has already been freed or is tring to free memory at the wrong IRQ level (must be passive or below). This type of error is coming from a kernel mode driver that SpruceUp must be loading/using.

Rowan

Fugg
01-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the input, Rowan. Knew it was a memory error, didn't know the specifics!;)

Well, a reload did it.
Works now!

thanks guys!

edit
Well, it hosed again! same error.....

tracked it down to the raid controller. disabled it, spruceup works.... go figure...

:)

old7
02-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the input, Rowan. Knew it was a memory error, didn't know the specifics!;)

Well, a reload did it.
Works now!

thanks guys!

edit
Well, it hosed again! same error.....

tracked it down to the raid controller. disabled it, spruceup works.... go figure...

:)

I had the BAD_POOL_CALLER or IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL errors. After disabling the on-board RAID no more errors.

-Old7