PDA

View Full Version : DTV Stream Info

Norco
01-12-2003, 05:00 AM
hey guys i was just wondering if anybody knew the exact specs of DTV stream as it records in maximum quality on the dtivo. I know its 480x480, but since its recording right off the stream, is it interlaced video or progressive? I'm assuming most shows are streamed as interlaced, but progressive would definitly be awesome. thanks for any info!

Norco
01-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Come on, someone knows!

olaf_sc
01-14-2003, 02:20 AM
Even if you have a bad tone I will answer two questions.

1: All streams are interlaced
2: The specs for DDS are avalible as BO.1294 at the ITU site.

Originally posted by Norco
Come on, someone knows!

Norco
01-14-2003, 02:31 AM
lol, bad tone? I was only mearly playfully saying it because 50+ people had viewed my thread, and nobody replied. Thanks for the info...

SR712
01-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Maybe they were 50 people who didn't know... Relax.

Norco
01-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Relax? what are you talking about, you guys are freaking out over nothing.

captain_video
01-15-2003, 09:26 AM
It's not that anyone's freaking out, it's just that you only need to ask once and, if anyone knows the answer, they'll post a reply. I view dozens of posts every day but I don't always post a response, especially if I don't know the answer. When you post twice and start getting insistent some people here take offense to it like we're being accused of holding back info intentionally when it couldn't be further from the truth. There have been a number of a**holes that have posted in this forum literally demanding to be helped and creating quite a stir among the members with their rude attitudes. I'm sure you meant no disrespect but, as the man said, relax. If someone knows the answer, eventually they will post a response. This is a pretty tight-knit community and we're all here to help. Welcome to the forum and enjoy what it has to offer.