PDA

View Full Version : Extracted .ty Video - But Can't Get The Audio!

Phobiac
01-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Any help would be appreciated as it may get me over this hurdle. I've read so much, but I keep getting the same error.

1) Installed TivoWeb on my T60
2) Extracted the .ty stream
3) Split the .ty stream into a .m2v and .m2a file with VSplit
4) The .m2v file play fine without sound
5) The .m2a file can be played in Goldwave

This is my problem: I can't get the audio in the correct format to combine it with the video in Tmpeg. Tmpeg always tells me that the audio is not a mpeg stream.

Can some help me with the correct steps for encoding the .m2a file from the .ty stream?

Thanks. I'll keep reading and searching, but I haven't found it yet!

Phobiac

Billy Joe Bob
01-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Interesting ... I have the exact opposite ... My audio is fine but the video stops after a few minutes... after I download the ty file I’m going to try sever different things… I’ll keep you informed about what I find out maybe it might help you … BJB

Phobiac
01-14-2003, 05:49 PM
I can get both fine, just can't put them together once I split them!

When using VSplit it says the audio is recognized as DolbyDigital 5.1. So far I am only able to listen to the audio in Goldwave and when I save it as any other format in Goldview...Tmpeg won't let me merge the video and audio; illeage mpeg audio stream...ARghhh!

Billy Joe Bob; Can you let me know what your step-by-step is for encoding the audio from the .m2a stage? (i.e. after you have run Vsplit)...

Thanks

Phobiac

artships
01-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Guys,

TMPGEnc accepts the m2a file from vsplit - The m2a file vsplit creates from my SA tivo, anyway. Try converting yours to a wav file.

Oh, and TMPGEnc will preview much faster if you don't feed it the m2v video file, but the d2v framserve file from DVD2AVI.

HTH

Phobiac
01-15-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the reply...What format should the .wav be for use with Tmpeg? Tmpeg always tells me that my .wav is not a valid mpeg stream.

OK...I found out that my audi stream is .ac3; DD 2/0. (Sony T60)

If I Multiplex them in Tmpeg I can play them in a PC DVD player like WinDVD or CyberPowerDVD, but still haven't been able to get them to play with audio with Windows MediaPlayer.

I can convert the .ac3 audio to .wav, but still not able to make it a valid mpeg audio stream for use with Tmpeg.

Can some point me in the right direction on how to take the DD 2/0 AC3 audio stream and convert it so that I can multiplex it with the .mv2 as a valid audio stream for use in Tmpeg?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Phobiac

Phobiac
01-17-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm so happy!

I got the video with AC3 Audio to burn to a SVCD and all plays well. Of course the audio isn't AC3 in SVCD format, but it sure does look like high quality. Just a little shakey when there is alot of motion. I think for sharing SVCD may suit me well...CDs are so cheap and DVD-R are still a little pricey. relative to CDs.

I still want to get it in a format that I can play on my computer and stream over the internet. I guess I can always rip it off the SVCD or DVD (SVCD/DVD to AVI) and convert back .WMV or .RM; but that seem like a real pain.

Thanks for all the help on this board. I may master this after all!