PDA

View Full Version : tmpgenc buffer underflow ???

zabs
01-15-2003, 06:22 PM
I did a search and came up with little info and no specific work-around or fix for my situation:

I have extracted and split several programs off the tivo (so I have many *.m2v and *.m2a file lying about.) I'm muxing them together in tmpgenc (so I can edit out commercials) and many of them give me an error:

XX s packets cause buffer underflow.
The MPEG file might cause error when it played.

(Where XX is a number)

Is there a fix for this? Will it cause problems?
I don't have the *.ty files, just *.m2a and m2v, have I backed myself into a corner?

AlphaWolf
01-16-2003, 04:32 AM
Process your tystream using tydemux 0.4.0, it fixes this.

zabs
01-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks Alpha.
Just to be sure I understood correctly: extract the streams as a *.ty and then use tydemux 0.40?

So I have backed myself into a bit of a corner then, eh? (I have only the m2v and m2a files and have deleted the recordings off of the tivo.

Anybody know of a multiplexer that will allow me to work with the ones I have already extracted?

Fugg
01-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by zabs
I did a search and came up with little info and no specific work-around or fix for my situation:

I have extracted and split several programs off the tivo (so I have many *.m2v and *.m2a file lying about.) I'm muxing them together in tmpgenc (so I can edit out commercials) and many of them give me an error:

XX s packets cause buffer underflow.
The MPEG file might cause error when it played.

(Where XX is a number)

Is there a fix for this? Will it cause problems?
I don't have the *.ty files, just *.m2a and m2v, have I backed myself into a corner?

Naaaa, no worries.... It's never been a problem for me. I mean, I see the same "error" at times, it's just never caused a problem.

Good Luck!