PDA

View Full Version : Mux/Demuxing problems

Fleegle
01-16-2003, 12:44 PM
I'm having a problem either demuxing or remuxing any tystreams I extract from my DTiVo. I extracted 2 shows yesterday and demuxed them using TyTool 5. Out of curiosity, I viewed the video stream on Windows Media Player and it played, but at a VERY fast rate. The time listed was a little over 4 minutes for the 1/2 hour episode. I played the audio stream in Winamp, and it soudned fine.

I them remuxed it using tmpgenc and selected the default NTSC VCD options. The program has a small video window where you can see the video as gets mixed. At same timp mark where Windows Media Player says the video ended, the video just halts. It continues to look like it's mixing corectly, but the video is just locked on the same frame for the next 25 1/2 minutes. It also failed to properly synch the audio and video.

I tried doing an hour long show this morning, and the same thing happened. It halted the video at the length that Windows Media Player showed. Am I missing a step or doing something wrong? If you view the demuxed video stream, should it run fast? The Angel episode I tried this morning ran through an hour's worth of video in 8 minutes and 40 seconds.

One more question... Once I get the Muxing/Demuxing worked out and have a proper Mpeg, what's the best program to use to remove the commercials?

zabs
01-16-2003, 12:57 PM
I noticed something like this too. If you play the *.m2v in windows media player the "alleged" play tme is signifigantly shorter than it should be, but I noticed that it was not actually playing fast, everything seemed to play in normal speed.

I have NOT had any problems after muxing the video and audio together.

Fugg
01-16-2003, 01:03 PM
use tytool in tystream mode(outputs raw ty files) and use olaf's new tool on the ty to get the mpa/mpv files.

mux the files using tmpgenc's "simple mux".

Give it a shot and post what you find....

;)

(btw, new jdiner tools are comming!!)

commercials? I use "merge and cut" under "mpeg tools" in tmpgenc.

Fleegle
01-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Fugg
use tytool in tystream mode(outputs raw ty files) and use olaf's new tool on the ty to get the mpa/mpv files.

mux the files using tmpgenc's "simple mux".

Give it a shot and post what you find....

;)

(btw, new jdiner tools are comming!!)

commercials? I use "merge and cut" under "mpeg tools" in tmpgenc.

Can you link me to Simple Mux and Olaf's New Tool? It can be hell to find a specific post in those threads with hundreds of posts.

olaf_sc
01-16-2003, 04:31 PM
The second post in the tydemux/tyremux thread always has a link to the latest version of tydemux.

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by Fleegle
Can you link me to Simple Mux and Olaf's New Tool? It can be hell to find a specific post in those threads with hundreds of posts.

Yazhol
01-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Fugg
[B]use olaf's new tool on the ty to get the mpa/mpv files.

How long should this step take on a 1.5 gig .ty file? I'm trying to use Olaf's tydemux to break my .ty down to m2v and m2a files and it goes for a while, gets to 6100 and finds an error. It then fixes that error rather quickly and continues on to about 7500 and finds another error. At this point it seems to stop working and just sits there. I've let it sit for about 2 hours now and it has gone no further. Any ideas?

Also a thought.. Since you need to take a .ty file, split it apart, and then put it back together to make an .mpg file wouldn't it just be easier to convert the .ty to .mpg without all the demuxing and muxing? Or is there something I'm missing? :)

olaf_sc
01-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Thats a bug in tydemux :(. I will release a new version of tydemux this evening that most probabky will deal with your problem. If tydemux get stuck like this it's a error/bug. If my bug fix release this evenig doesn't fix your problem please upload your stream to my ftp server (66.121.15.35).

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by Yazhol
How long should this step take on a 1.5 gig .ty file? I'm trying to use Olaf's tydemux to break my .ty down to m2v and m2a files and it goes for a while, gets to 6100 and finds an error. It then fixes that error rather quickly and continues on to about 7500 and finds another error. At this point it seems to stop working and just sits there. I've let it sit for about 2 hours now and it has gone no further. Any ideas?

Also a thought.. Since you need to take a .ty file, split it apart, and then put it back together to make an .mpg file wouldn't it just be easier to convert the .ty to .mpg without all the demuxing and muxing? Or is there something I'm missing? :)

tungsten2k
01-16-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by olaf_sc
If my bug fix release this evenig doesn't fix your problem please upload your stream to my ftp server getting easier to reverse-engineer this monster when you have this many eyes as "beta" testers, all movitated enough to upload gigabyte-sized files in the hopes they will soon be able to watch their show hey olaf ? ;) haha i'm actually having a blast watching this. reminds me of the early 90's and a certain music sequencer Usenet group... ah the nostalgai :)

olaf_sc
01-17-2003, 03:22 AM
Yes it does :) - got your stream by the way and it demuxes just fine now :). After my bug fixes.

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by tungsten2k
getting easier to reverse-engineer this monster when you have this many eyes as "beta" testers, all movitated enough to upload gigabyte-sized files in the hopes they will soon be able to watch their show hey olaf ? ;) haha i'm actually having a blast watching this. reminds me of the early 90's and a certain music sequencer Usenet group... ah the nostalgai :)