PDA

View Full Version : xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

blahman
04-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
This hack in no way benefits your use of the tivo dvr, it only benefits how you access directv. Think of this as a rule of thumb: if you can't do it to a standalone tivo unit, its a directv hack.

Directv hacking should be brought elsewhere than here, such as dsschat.

Just to make a point. If the fact that you can/cannot do it on a standalone is one of the defining factors, then the locals stuff should fall into the category of hacking DirecTV as well. After all, you cannot perform any hacks to get extra local channels from the DirecTV service via a standalone receiver. Thus it stands to reason that all the talk of getting all the locals in your spot beam area, and mapping the extra locals, etc is DirecTV hacking. Or are we saying that only some DirecTV hacking is allowed and some is not? Just looking for a good definition of the boundaries as obviously since hacking to get the other locals to show up that are receiveable (but technically not authorized by DirecTV) is acceptable. The spot beams were 1 attempt to actively control and prohibit people from getting locals they shouldn't. Now just because you are close to another area that you can receive your locals and HACK to enable viewing of those locals that is acceptable here. So is this the only DirecTV hacking acceptable here or is there other DirecTV hacking allowed here? I'd really like to have some clearer boundaries on which DirecTV hacking is allowed and which is not.

blahman
04-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Both of these scripts alone only alter the way the tivo functions, its still up to your access card to determine whether or not you can view the channels or events that these scripts change.

Hmmm, now by this definition no-zkt and other such mods should be acceptable as they only alter the way the Tivo functions and it is still up to the access card to determine whether or not you can view the channels or events.

I'm more confused than ever by this.

blahman
04-18-2003, 05:03 PM
The cam ID check is an access card security measure. Normal receivers have this check. Thats like saying if you apply a nozkt mod to a tivo, its not helping you hack directv any. You are removing a security measure which is designed with only one purpose in mind.

The sti5505 only controls everything relating to decoding the signal coming from directv. Modifying the respective oslink boot script in any way serves no purpose other than to hack directv.

Sounds reasonable to keep directv off of dd's backs, but remember that even linking to "dangerous" information is a violation of the DMCA, you just have to improvise a loophole.

And yet more contradictory information. So the cam id/zkt is a security measure. Well, only being allowed one set of locals to map to a set of channels is a form of security ensuring you only view the MAXIMUM 1 SET of locals allowed. Thus any more than that is defeating an inherent security measure of the system and allowing for hacking.

Still haven't seen a clear definition that doesn't get contradicted of what is allowed and what is not allowed.

Y2JProd
04-19-2003, 03:26 AM
OK, I figured out the problem I was having running the 2.52 upgrade. After running into all sorts of problems I reinstalled 25xteme and then ran into the same problem running the upgrade script again.

What I was doing, and what was causing the problem, is I was running the scripts from the upgrd252 directory. Apparently it needs to be run from the root of the filesystem. After doing so, the upgrade is now working.

Hopefully this will fix my locals and ppv problems.

ARGH!! Now I get the infamous GSOD when trying to install the 2.52 software. I will let it run its course and see what happens...

And the saga continues...

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Im learning so much just watch this thread, thanks.

One question for you all. I have a working Sony DTivo T60 and after the installs my remote is not working.

I have ready threads on this, but do your guys know of any fixes for this problem so I can keep my Factory Sony Remote.

Thanks for all the Help. Rob

lgp
04-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Rob,
I'm probably going to say that you used a version of 2.5Xtreme that was not set for the Sony T60 but for the Hughes/Phillips.

I'm sure there is a way to get the remote files that the Sony uses copied over but the only way that I would know how is to re-image using the T60Xtreme image.

Sorry to not be of more help....

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 09:28 AM
That is the image I have installed. but what its saying in other threads is that it will no let the factory remote work??? is this true??

lgp
04-19-2003, 09:38 AM
I haven't Xtremed my Sony in some time but I had no problems when I took it from the 2.5 to 2.5.2.

If there is a deeper issue here one of the experts can comment.

If you don't get any help and want to try I would look for a different image and use it.

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 09:45 AM
I will now install the 2.5.2 and see if that works. thanks

superzap
04-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Your remote address code might not be set to the same code as the T60. See this for changing the code. http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=94083#post94083

And make sure the switch on the side is set to SAT.

Y2JProd
04-19-2003, 12:27 PM
OK, GSOD is gone (good)! Locals are back (good)! PPVs can be ordered (good)!

But the 2.52 upgrade is not working. On each reboot it indicates it is installing new software but the following errors are in the upgrd252.log file. Any ideas?

Upgrade v2.5.2 started

extracting files...

loading slices...
GZbin-6338385-1.slice.gz
Unzipping GZbin-6338385-1.slice.gz
dbload GZbin-6338385-1.slice...
Filesystem assert: ! err at fsnodelog.C line 99 in void FsNodeLogRecord::Commit()
Filesystem flagged as inconsistent!
Tmk Assertion Failure: ! err
void FsNodeLogRecord::Commit(), line 99 (fsnodelog.C)
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <102> died due to signal -2
1a12634 1a10e54 19f9224 1b5e9f8 1b67830 1b66d2c 1c8e040 1c8dd20 1c8db04 1c8fc58 1c8f8c8 1c8db14 1c8d964 1c30b54 1c2dc98 1c58304 1c41e98 1c442c4 1c58304 1c41e98 1c456a4 1c58304 1c41e98 1c64e48 1c66350 1c2d6d0 1c083c4 1800134
Upgrade v2.5.2 started

extracting files...

ERROR: xPsz.tar.gz is corrupt: gzip: /var/hack/v252/xPsz.tar already exists; not overwritten

superzap
04-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Sounds like you have some old files that are there from a previous try. Clean up:
rm -r /var/hack/v252
and try again.

Hamner
04-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Is there a list someplace of the location of various important system files? Im a linux virgin, but am learning fast. I have loaded my drive with 2.5 extreme and did the upgrade to 252. Have gotten everything working fine except for Tystudio. I need to edit rc.sysinit, but the only one I can find is in /var/hack and Im pretty sure thats not the right one.

Y2JProd
04-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks... That is probably from the first attempt at the reboot when I got the GSOD. I am going through the process again and will let you know the results.

Thanks for the all the help!

superzap
04-19-2003, 01:30 PM
The rc.sysinit that gets executed at bootup is:
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
Be very careful with changing this file because if you make a mistake your tivo might not boot.

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Got it all working! Yippie. Next Step. Im now trying to install the xtreme2.5.2 or 3.1, so I can get rid of the phone line. I'm reading stuff about images and I have down loaded mfstools 2.0 or somthing like that onto a bootdisk. and I also downloaded the mfs 2.5.2 image onto a disc.

At this point i have been at this for like 6 hrs. and still cant figure it out. any help will prevent me from pulling my eyes out at this point. Thanks

Hamner
04-19-2003, 02:17 PM
My intentions are to pull that file over, make a copy (on my PC) then edit it to move the tysever and tyindex start up commands to the proper place, then dos2unix the file and transfer it back. Is there a better way? Or safer?

superzap
04-19-2003, 02:29 PM
That's not the way I would do it but if you are comfortable with it go for it. If you have bash you could use the joe editor but be careful here especially if using bash via serial port. For serial bash use Tera Term Pro and set the lines to 25.

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Looking for a little IM help, anyone wanna make a some $$

superzap
04-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Just start a new thread with your questions and someone will help.

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 04:02 PM
sure you dont wanna make some $$$, It would really help me out.

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 04:05 PM
if I have 25xtreme on my sat-t60 can i get that version to not dial up, do I need the 2.5.2 to get that option installed

lgp
04-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Miami,
Check you PM's for some help - no charge.

MiamiTV
04-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I have all the files downloaded but thats where I need the help. I haev tried this over and over for 5 1/2 hours now. need one on one help for a bit via IM . any one in for some $$

Hamner
04-20-2003, 11:33 AM
SZ, I opened rc.sysinit in the /etc/rc.d directory and this is whats in it

#!/bin/bash
# Copyright (c) 2001, 2002 TiVo Inc.
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - run once at boot time
#

#
# Useful functions
#

function nthword () {
n=0
for foo in $* ; do
if [ $n -eq $1 ]
then
echo $foo
fi
n=$(($n+1))
done
}

function runme () {

Now Im confused.....

Hamner
04-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Well, even opening it in joe (with teraterm set at 25) trashed it, all I get now is Welcome, powering up.....off to reload

JosephBlowinsky
04-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Has anyone been able to successfully re-run the satellite dish guided setup after doing a 2.5.2 or 3.1 xupgrade?

There's another thread here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21363&highlight=guided+setup+please+wait) which describes the issue that I'm having.

Basically I had a friend's machine that I put 25xtreme on and after that install was complete went through and did a 31xupgrade on it.

Everything is working great, except he wants to have both tuners enabled (by default, 25xtreme only has one tuner enabled). So when I proceed through the Satellite Dish Guided Setup, I answer all the questions correctly, get to the transponder signal test just fine, and after I tell it I'm done I get hit with a "Please Wait" on screen that never ends.

Over the weekend I let it sit at "Please Wait" for an entire evening (12 hours).

If you pull the plug or otherwise reboot the system, you are brought back into the Satellite Dish Setup on reboot so you're stuck in an endless loop.

There's no way out and no way to successfully tell this system to behave in two tuner mode without getting stuck at the "Please Wait" screen.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

My plan is to start over and run the 25xtreme and set up the dual tune mode there before doing the 31xupgrade, but I'd rather not have to go through this whole process again.

I'd love to hear from anyone who knows out to get out of this loop or anyone who has successfully re-run through the satellite guided setup after doing a 252xupgrade or 31xupgrade.

Thanks in advance...

captain_video
04-22-2003, 08:04 AM
I've done the 2.5.2 upgrade twice on two different DTivos (4 times total) and I've never gotten stuck in the guided setup screen. I'd recommend just starting over from scratch. What I did was install 2.5Xtreme and reinstall the drives back in the DTivo, let it boot, and reflash the EEPROM. I never reconnected the sat inputs until after I performed the 2.5.2 upgrade and set up nosdd. This may be a little paranoid on my part but my locals got trashed which is why I did the upgrade in the first place.

After the 2.5Xtreme installation, I let the DTivo go through the database rebuilding and get all the way to the "Acquiring data from the satellite" screen before I shut it down. I reinstalled the drives in my PC and ran the 2.5.2 upgrade from a boot CD. I then let the software install itself in the DTivo and get all the way to the acquiring data screen again. I ran xPlusz and set up nosdd and some of the other scripts that start at bootup and then rebooted. I reconnected the sat inputs at this time.

I then went through guided setup and set up my zip code and such. Afterwards, I finished setting up the xPlusz hacks, set up my static IP via serial connection, and then rebooted. If the locals didn't return at this time I uploaded midupdate.tcl and ran it to force a guide update.

JosephBlowinsky
04-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the reply captain_video,

I'm not getting stuck on the upgrade either, it works fine.. My problem comes about from the fact that I didn't have the number of tuners set before I did the upgrade. I'm sure if I never would've had to go into the guided setup, I would be working fine.

I'm afraid to "test" this on any of my working upgrades (I have one unit that I upgraded to 3.1 and one that I upgraded to 2.5.2). I'm worried that if I ever had to go in and bump up to two tuners or bump down to one tuner that I will get stuck in this same loop ..

By the way, I upgraded by transferring the files to the unit via bash and then running the upgrade from the unix shell.

Has anyone changed the number of tuners they use after the upgrdae successfully?

lgp
04-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Joseph,
I had the exact same issue with my SAT-T60 when I went from Xtreme 2.0 to 2.52 then to 3.1 using xupgrade. I did the upgrades from the bash prompt.

Unfortnately I did not find a solution and re-xtremed the drives stopping at 2.52.

This time though I did a "clear and delete everything" prior to launching any xplusz commands and have not had a problem with getting past the "guided setup" menu.

Not a great solution but unless there is some reason you want to be at 3.0 I wouldn't go there.

JosephBlowinsky
04-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Over in the other thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=95581#post95581) it looks like someone was able to do this successfully using Kraven's Tivolater upgrade to 3.1.

Not sure why it's not working with the 31xupgrade.

Triumph
04-26-2003, 01:41 AM
I have been sucessful in installing the 2.5.2 update with xPlusz working. When my TiVo reboots, none of my programs work... i run #54,1 to enable noscamble, and i can watch programs.

I set #47,1 so NOSCAMBLE is on at startup, yet when it starts up, i still have to go in and #54,1 to get it activated. This happens every single time.

I also am not getting TIVOFTPD, TIVOWEB, or TELNET to start at startup. If i go in over the serial port, I am able to successfully start all of these services manually.

I have tried reinstalling xPlusz310.zip to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

rgardjr
04-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Well I attempted to install Xplusz3.1 last night without any luck. My T60 previously had Extreme 2.52 installed and then updated to the lastest Tivo software (3.1?) via the normal phone download. The first thing I did was to bet bash back by installing the turbonet drivers which killed the initrd for me. I then zmodem the setup and xPsz.tar.gz files over to the T60. I ran the setup and it complained that a subdirectory of xPlusz directory not existing (I think it was the bootsz directory) So I manually created the directory and reran setup. This time the setup program completed and rebooted the T60. When I tried to configure the T60 both via the screen prefix and bash prompt it doesn't work. I get this error from bash:
bash-2.02# xp "#58,2"
/bin/xp: /hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl: No such file or directory
So I'm guessing the install didn't create this file that I need. Any suggestions?

superzap
04-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Enter this command:
rm /tvlib/xPlusz.anchor
and then run xPlusz v3.10 setup.

rgardjr
04-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by superzap
Enter this command:
rm /tvlib/xPlusz.anchor
and then run xPlusz v3.10 setup.

I followed your suggestion, but it didn't work. It's still giving me the same error:
bash-2.02# xp "#58,2"
/bin/xp: /hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl: No such file or directory

I did an ls on the xPlusz directory:

bash-2.02# cd /hack/bin/xPlusz
bash-2.02# ls
bootsz xPlusz.ini

It looks like I'm still missing the xPlusz.tcl file

superzap
04-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Since this problem is not related to xupgrade and you asked the same question in a separate thread, see that thread for my answer.

rgardjr
04-30-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm up and running on my T60 now, but I've got a question about NOSCRAMBLE. I have it setup to run at boot up, but it doesn't look like it's working. From the bash I see this in regards to noscramble:
bash-2.02# xp "#12"
Wed Apr 30 03 09:37:14 NOSCRAMBL ACTIVE noscramble
Wed Apr 30 03 09:37:14 (not found)

I can still view old recordings that were made when scrambling was turned on. If I use the command to turn it on/off immediately it works, because I can't view old shows that were recorded before noscramble was loaded. Any idea what the problem might be? I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem with callerid, but it appeared that it wasn't working after I rebooted either. Then I realized that it looks like theres a 6 minute delay in starting it and I don't remember how long it was that I tried calling in after I rebooted the computer. Also, is do backdoors work with on DTivo software 3.1(Or whatever the latest version is for 1st gen receivers)? I thought that I had read that the backdoor code hasn't been figured out yet.

superzap
04-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Take a look at /var/hack/xPlusz/xPlusz.log and see if there's anything in there that's preventing noscramble from getting activated.

If you don't want the startup delay for the hacks, set the delay to 0 with #57,0

The hack that xPlusz uses to enable backdoors doesn't need the code. It modifies tivoapp so backdoors come up enabled.

snoopy
05-03-2003, 09:51 AM
?

Hamner
05-05-2003, 03:03 AM
I was taking a nap, when the lack of noise woke me up. Went in other room and my DTivo (T60-2.5.2 xtreme etc) said aquiring info needed to keep your system up to date......I stopped it. Was this updating channels, or was it updating the system? There is no phone line connected BUT it does have a nic installed and a fixed IP. If it was updating the software, what do I need to turn on (off) in the system to keep this from happening.

FWIW I have read the readme and the info is most likely there, but like most newbies, I'm having trouble with the acronyms(sp?).

SR712
05-05-2003, 09:40 AM
1) Use net0 instead of eth0 on your TiVo
2) Do not define a gateway in your TiVo net setup
3) Disallow Internet access in your router for the desired IPs or MACs of the TiVo.

Search on any of these, for further info. :)

fdx45
05-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Sorry for the long post.
I'm a newbie and I've been reading a lot, but I seem to run into contradictory info.
I have a T60 purchased from eBay with 25xtreme loaded on it and upgraded to 120 GB hdd. I started out with a HU card, but DTV soon 'upgraded' me to P4. It is legit, subbed, blah blah, w/ locals (Pittsburgh, which is where I live).

Well, like everyone else, my locals died on or about the 7th of last month. Prior to this I had never personally cracked open my box.

I called DTV and talked for more than 30 minutes. They had me reset, reauthorized my card (already a P4), disconnected it, reconnected it, no luck. They credited my with a free month of service, though. :) Then they connected me with TiVo tech support who told me it would be fixed by the middle of the month. After I called back, they sent me a new P4, and of course, still no luck. The next time I called back, they said I had to upgrade my software; duh! I had that figured out by then. But since it won't call out to upgrade...

Shortly after I lost my locals, I decided to backup my hdd (I had a spare 120 GB Maxtor). I downloaded MFS Tools 2.0 and made a backup that I think was successful... But, I wasn't able to restore that backup to my standby hdd. In fact, it looked like it had restored properly based on what I saw on my computer screen. But when I put it back in the TiVo, it never got past the 'Powering up' screen. I attempted this 3 separate times. I followed the instructions to the letter except that it says (section 8, restoring backup image) to jumper the new drive as master but install it as a secondary IDE slave in your PC. That didn't make sense to me, and it didn't work, so I ended up doing it as secondary master. Long story short, I never got past the 'powering up' screen.

Then I decided rather than bothering with that, I would just take my new hdd and start from scratch. I downloaded xupgrade.iso and burned it to a CD. Popped the new drive in the 'puter, and booted to the CD. I hit 'enter' twice (as per the instructions), and then typed in '25xtreme' (no quotes). I got a message something like 'file not found' or something like that. I did an ls and couldn't find that file.

I know that once I get that done, I need to use the xtreme upgrade to get to 2.5.2.

I have spent several days reading, doing trial and error, reading some more, and I'm frustrated.
Would anyone be interested in making a few bucks and upgrading my drive for me?
Any clue why I run into a brick wall with xupgrade.iso?

Help!

Thanks in advance...

fdx45
05-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Or better yet, is there anyone in the PIT area whose shoulder I could look over while they upgraded it for me? :D

rpl
05-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Try upgrd252.sh -p or without the -p if you don't need to flash the prom after hitting the enter key twice.

fdx45
05-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Don't I need to load 25xtreme first?
Or is this a command inside that iso? Remember, I'm starting with a blank hdd.

rpl
05-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Its the command line in the ISO. There is a readme that came with the ISO. The readme on the ISO doesn't have the same info. Probably because they packaged the ISO with both 2.5.2 and 3.1

fdx45
05-06-2003, 09:22 AM
OK, here's a really stupid question; does my new hdd have to be partitioned and formatted?
I did find and run the upgrd252.sh and I got a boot parm on hdb unrecognized... ?

captain_video
05-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Tivo drives do not require advance formatting or partitioning. The installation software does this for you. You need to install 2.5Xtreme before installing Superzap's 2.5.2 upgrade. It's only an upgrade, not a full OS install.

fdx45
05-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Success! At least partly. I got the T60 image loaded, but it needs a parental password. Anyone know what it is?

Item 2, and more important. I used the t60252x1.mfs image to get my virgin hdd up. Does this already have 252xtreme?
I guess I thought it didn't, and I tried to run upgrd252.sh, and it told me that 2.52 was already installed, and aborted the process...

What gives?

Also, is there a good list somewhere of what the xplusz functions are? Remember, I'm a newbie; I can figure some of them out, but I'm confused by some others. Like what's NOSCRAMBLE?

Thanx for the help so far. I'm thrilled to see some things working like I want!

UNIXhacker
05-07-2003, 01:01 PM
I have a GXCEB0T running 3.1. Somtimes (about 40 percent of the time) when I reboot the Tivo it hangs on boot. It gets to the getting satellite info screen and stops at 70%. I have waited over an hour and it won't go past this point. Has anyone seen this before? Usually I can reboot it again and it will come up fine. Last night it took about 4 reboots before it would come up fine.

Also, it is normal to always come up with the getting satellite info screen on every boot?

I have Turbonet and can access the box while it is doing this. What things can I look at or try to diagnose this problem?

Thanks,

snoopy
05-08-2003, 01:46 AM
I have a good 3.1 tivo.bak I would like to upload and share. This is a fast, stable copy. I need access to some public space though. I have already uploaded this to two people who have used it. I don't want to upload individual copies.

poppagene
05-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Thanks, Superzap. The upgrade to 2.5.2 worked like a charm. I got my locals back easily.

captain_video
05-08-2003, 07:57 AM
fdx45

The T60252X1.mfs image is already at version 2.5.2 (hence the 252 in the name) which is why you can't get the upgrade to take. You need to use 2.5Xtreme first and then install Superzap's upgrade. Check the readme file for a list of all of the xPlusz commands. It's in the 1st post of this thread.

UNIXhacker,

Check the How Tos Only sticky for a reference to some troubleshooting tips for your problem. You are able to access the box via ethernet because the line in rc.sysinit where the Turbonet drivers are called has already been run during bootup. Your problem may lie in a corrupted Tivo image, intermittent connection with the ribbon cable between the power supply and mainboard, suspect hard drive, or possibly a failing power supply. You can check the hard drive by downloading the diagnostic program from the manufacturer's website and running it on the drive while installed in your PC.

Snoopy,

You might try contacting Dennis (a.k.a. dsboyce8624) about uploading it to his Tivostuff website. He's got Xtreme images and loads of utilities. He may be receptive to hosting backup Tivo images as well if he has space on his server.

fdx45
05-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Thanks Diamond. I knew that image was at 2.5.2, but I didn't know if it was extremed.
My problem was originally that I couldn't install 25xtreme because the file name couldn't be found. But I think that might have been an upgrade instead of the basic program. I've got to look to see if I even have the correct 25xtreme image.
Problem 2 is that the image is up and working (t60252x1.mfs) and I did a clear and reset (but I couldn't do an 'erase everything' because I didn't have the parental password that's on the image), then left it on overnight, but I never got my locals back.

I won't be home to work on this for a couple days, but thanks for your help.:rolleyes:

BubbleLamp
05-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by fdx45
Thanks Diamond. I knew that image was at 2.5.2, but I didn't know if it was extremed.
My problem was originally that I couldn't install 25xtreme because the file name couldn't be found. But I think that might have been an upgrade instead of the basic program. I've got to look to see if I even have the correct 25xtreme image.
Problem 2 is that the image is up and working (t60252x1.mfs) and I did a clear and reset (but I couldn't do an 'erase everything' because I didn't have the parental password that's on the image), then left it on overnight, but I never got my locals back.

I won't be home to work on this for a couple days, but thanks for your help.:rolleyes:

The password is 2180.

Griffin
05-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Superzap,

I'm currently unable to get through the initial setup due to the "Falied, couldn't connect," message coming up at the phone setup screen. This has rendered all DVR functions useless.

I have "nophone" turned on, and am running a legit P4 card.

My account shows "Account in Good standing," and it shows that it has made successful daily calls. Unfortunately, I can't record since I can't get through the initial setup.

I am at a loss as to what to do. I did not do the initial 25Xtreme install, and do not have a back up copy of my drive. I am very new at all of this and as always, any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
Griffin

superzap
05-10-2003, 10:32 AM
If you've never completed guided setup with a phone connected then you'll have to do that first. Or install v25xtreme and then do the upgrade.

fdx45
05-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Question; I'm going to dd my existing hdd to a new one;
the existing one has 25xtreme on it, and I'm going to try upgrading the copy to 2.5.2. When I finish with this, will I have to 'clear program data and to do list', or 'clear and erase everything' in order to rebuild my local channels?

For clarification, I have a subbed P4, and I pay for the locals, I just can't get them with my current image. I'm not going to try to add any other markets...

Thanks in advance.

Griffin
05-11-2003, 05:28 AM
SZ,

After a reboot, it looks as though my DVR functions are back. Unfortunately, now I have continued local problems (again, I'm running a T-60, P4, 3.1).

Unfortunately, I can't get my legitimate locals to stay up for more then 30 minutes.

I've tried with addlocs off, and after a reboot (by the way, is there an better way to reboot then unplugging the unit?) the locals show up and play just fine. However, they go "Channel Not Available," after about 20 minutes.

I've also tried with addlocs on, and have run mvchannels for my local market. After the reboot, I get the same result.

I've run midupdate.tcl, and have (what I believe is) the correct market ID (163 for Sacramento.)

I've done a clear all, and still, can't get the locals to stay up.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank You

snoopy
05-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Griffin
SZ,

After a reboot, it looks as though my DVR functions are back. Unfortunately, now I have continued local problems (again, I'm running a T-60, P4, 3.1).

Unfortunately, I can't get my legitimate locals to stay up for more then 30 minutes.

I've tried with addlocs off, and after a reboot (by the way, is there an better way to reboot then unplugging the unit?) the locals show up and play just fine. However, they go "Channel Not Available," after about 20 minutes.

I've also tried with addlocs on, and have run mvchannels for my local market. After the reboot, I get the same result.

I've run midupdate.tcl, and have (what I believe is) the correct market ID (163 for Sacramento.)

I've done a clear all, and still, can't get the locals to stay up.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank You

Sounds to me like a card issue.

Efan
05-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Help! 2.5.2 upgrade worked perfectly. 3.1 upgrades seems to have installed properly, but sysinfo shows Account Closed/DVR Service: Inactive. NOPHONE is definitely enabled. In fact, calls show as successfully completed w/o a phone line attached. I have started from scratch (2.5xtreme) several times. I've tried everything I can think of, but can't get status 5. Any ideas?

superzap
05-11-2003, 06:54 PM
On v3.1.0 your access card must authorize the DVR service.

poppagene
05-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Question; I'm going to dd my existing hdd to a new one;
the existing one has 25xtreme on it, and I'm going to try upgrading the copy to 2.5.2. When I finish with this, will I have to 'clear program data and to do list', or 'clear and erase everything' in order to rebuild my local channels?

For clarification, I have a subbed P4, and I pay for the locals, I just can't get them with my current image. I'm not going to try to add any other markets...

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to clear program data and to do list although you may need to set up the nophone option first and then clear program data -- that's what worked for me under similar circumstances -- although in my case I lost the local shortly after using dd to copy my b drive to a new drive.

Efan
05-12-2003, 10:32 AM
On v3.1.0 your access card must authorize the DVR service.

superzap,

Any idea how Dave is treating subs these days? A friend has one unit with 'monthly' sub & another without. He upgraded to 3.1.0 on the latter & it shows status of 5. I have one unit with 'lifetime' sub & another without. The latter in this case is the one that shows Inactive. I wonder if the monthly dvr service is per unit or per account? If it is per account, that might explain why his worked and mine didn't. Any thoughts?

superzap
05-12-2003, 11:21 AM
The way I understand it is if you have a lifetime sub, which is no longer available, all of you dtivos that are mirrored on your account are not charged for the DVR service. Otherwise it's $4.95/mo. for a unlimited number of dtivos on the account.

playmaker25
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a Sony T60 with Xtreme 2.0 that worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Now I have no locals. I have a legit P4 card, but I bought the Tivo off of Ebay and have no clue on how to program. What would happen if I called Directv and paid the 4.95 per month and connected the phone line? Would I get the update to allow locals? Can the unit even dial out?

thanks

playmaker25
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
I have a Sony T60 with Xtreme 2.0 that worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Now I have no locals. I have a legit P4 card, but I bought the Tivo off of Ebay and have no clue on how to program. What would happen if I called Directv and paid the 4.95 per month and connected the phone line? Would I get the update to allow locals? Can the unit even dial out?

thanks

Efan
05-12-2003, 09:10 PM
The way I understand it is if you have a lifetime sub, which is no longer available, all of you dtivos that are mirrored on your account are not charged for the DVR service. Otherwise it's $4.95/mo. for a unlimited number of dtivos on the account.

superazp,

Thanks for your time. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!

playmaker25
05-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Is the Tivo capable of dialing in? In the "system information" it says last completed successful dial in was yesterday. There is no phone line hooked up. Also, does Directv have any way of knowing that it is hacked? Will it take the update or just screw up the machine?

Sorry for all of the questions.

captain_video
05-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Is the Tivo capable of dialing in?

The Tivo is perfectly capable of dialing in if you have a working modem. The question is whether you have fixsub or the nophone option active in which case it won't dial in. The last call status in the system information screen will indicate a successful call with either of these hacks on your DTivo.

Also, does Directv have any way of knowing that it is hacked?

Only if you tell them. A DTivo gets the guide data from the satellite and has no way to communicate with DTV if your phone is not connected.

Will it take the update or just screw up the machine?

DTivo OS software updates occur via the phone line. See above.

SithLord
05-15-2003, 04:01 AM
SZ,

I've transferred your 2.5.2 upgrade to my T60, specifically the /hack directory. (The /var/hack dir kept getting wiped, so I have all my hacks in the /hack dir.) When I now go to run the upgrade by doing ./upgrd252.tcl, I keep getting an error message saying: "ERROR Current directory should be /var/hack, is /hack" and then it takes me back to the bash prompt.

Is there any way to fix this, short of redoing a /var/hack dir? I try to avoid that because my T60 keeps wiping it out.

superzap
05-15-2003, 08:52 AM
You need to use /var/hack for the install. Just make the directory:
mkdir /var/hack
and put upgrd252.tcl and v252.tar in there. After the install, xPlusz will use /var/hack/xPlusz, but if it ever gets wiped out it will be automatically rebuilt.

Zanzibar
05-16-2003, 03:22 AM
I upgraded to 2.5.2 a while ago, using superzap's upgrade. To make a long story short, about two days ago my hard drives crashed. I went out and bought 2 new drives, and reinstalled 25xtreme, and the 2.5.2 upgrade again this evening.

Well, all seemed fine. The xPlusz was working using the call waiting prefix. I went ahead, and via consoling in, used /bin/xp to set a lot of options, so I wouldn't have to each individually. I since rebooted, and may have even cleared to do lists, etc. since then.

Now, it seems as though commands through call-waiting prefix aren't being executed. Telnet is not starting, tivoweb is not starting, ftp is not starting, etc.

The only interesting thing I can think of while doing the commands, was when I tried to add additional locals, with the #60 command. It came back with this error:

Fri May 16 03 00:49:30 error 998: call waiting prefix codes not specified or channels0.dat does not contain city code

That copy/paste is actually the output from the command line, but I also received an error 998 when running the call waiting command. Since then, even after reboots, xp doesn't seem to be intercepting call waiting.

Any ideas on how to fix, short of re-installing would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a tail of the xPlusz.log file (in case it can help):

Fri May 16 03 00:49:28 xPlusz v3.10 started, entry code='#60,9'
Fri May 16 03 00:49:28 processing command '#60,9'
Fri May 16 03 00:49:29 xPlusz.ini: replacing ' variable ADDLOCS_VALUE {"9 :1053064891:" "reset :1053064825:0" "dumploc :1053064614:0" "reload::" "::" "::" "::"}' with ' variable ADDLOCS_VALUE {"9 :1053071369:" "reset :1053064825:0" "dumploc :1053064614:0" "reload::" "::" "::" "::"}'
Fri May 16 03 00:49:30 chkadd no additional cities found
Fri May 16 03 00:49:30 error 998: call waiting prefix codes not specified or channels0.dat does not contain city code
Fri May 16 03 00:49:30 call waiting prefix was invalid, reason=998
Fri May 16 03 00:49:30 xPlusz exiting (invalid 9 reas=998 #60,9), rc=1

Thank you,
Jim

superzap
05-16-2003, 09:47 AM
Did you install something like the turbonet support? If you did something like that, make sure that this is the last thing in /etc/rc.d/rc.net:
/etc/rc.d/rc.remote-login &

Zanzibar
05-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Did you install something like the turbonet support? If you did something like that, make sure that this is the last thing in /etc/rc.d/rc.net:

That is the last line in rc.net. I looked at rc.remote-login, and saw that when it runs xPlusz.tcl, it logs to /var/log/tvdebuglog. I echoed a string of equal signs to the end, and rebooted, so I could tell what happened after the reboot. Once TV starts again, this is what's at the end of the logfile:

======================
<166>May 16 14:51:16 tcl[84]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes
No EventSwitcher active
while executing
"dbopen"
(procedure "getTV" line 3)
invoked from within
"getTV"
(file "/hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl" line 1786)

======================

So, it apparently is getting an error upon bootup, and never completing the script. I appreciate your help, and especially the functionality I know xPlusz has, from my pre-crash days. :)

Jim

EDIT: After bootup finished, I tried running the following command manually, and it worked:

/hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl >> /var/log/tvdebuglog 2>&1 &

So, I guess it looks like it is trying to run that command prior to EventSwitcher starting up.

superzap
05-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Are you sure you have v2.5.2 and not v3.1.0? There is a problem with the EventSwitcher on v3.1.0 but I haven't seen anything like that on v2.5.2.

If you look at rc.remote-login you should see some logic which checks a xPlusz variable named LOGIN_DELAY which is set by default to 180 secs. That delays the startup of xPlusz at bootup to allow normal tivo stuff to start before xPlusz.

Zanzibar
05-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Are you sure you have v2.5.2 and not v3.1.0? There is a problem with the EventSwitcher on v3.1.0 but I haven't seen anything like that on v2.5.2.

If you look at rc.remote-login you should see some logic which checks a xPlusz variable named LOGIN_DELAY which is set by default to 180 secs. That delays the startup of xPlusz at bootup to allow normal tivo stuff to start before xPlusz.

Ok, that would make sense then. I am running 2.5.2. However, I thought that LOGIN_DELAY was the delay just for telnet, when I set it up last night. I had set it to 1. Oops!

Thanks a lot for your help!

HotRod
05-16-2003, 12:06 PM
I have surgons original 25extreme on my dtivo. The only other modification i have made was to "Lock the prom" Is there anything special i have to do to install the 2.52 upgrade to my box since i have locked the prom?

thank you

HotRod

superzap
05-16-2003, 12:14 PM
I assume when you did the "Lock the prom" you're referring to the hardware mod. In that case the prom loaded by v25xtreme should work fine with this upgrade.

donnawannano
05-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Well, after losing my locals... I have chosen to redo the whole shooting match. I was on 2.5. Does anyone have a nice, clean image of a dual drive 3.1 that I can download?

That will be much easier than trying to salvage things...

Thanks,

DarkWing
05-17-2003, 03:37 PM
The way to do it is to install Extreme 2.5, then use SZ's or Kraven's 3.1 upgrade after you let Extreme 2.5 boot first.

snoopy
05-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by donnawannano
Well, after losing my locals... I have chosen to redo the whole shooting match. I was on 2.5. Does anyone have a nice, clean image of a dual drive 3.1 that I can download?

That will be much easier than trying to salvage things...

Thanks,

Yes sir,
Complete with everything already working.

fdx45
05-18-2003, 11:28 AM
I just wanted to post my thanks for all your help.

I dd'd my original hard drive (with 25xtreme, lost locals) on it. I'm using P4, paying for locals. After the dd completed, I upgraded to 252xtreme, booted, reset season passes/thumbs, and voila! Everything works, and I still have all my recordings from before.

I did a couple of xplusz things; NOPHONE, NOSDD, (both successful) and Showcases/TiVo Mags, unsuccessful. I liked these when I had them, and they're not terribly important to me, but what am I doing wrong?
Also, I don't understand what NOPPV does exactly. Can someone describe this to me? I turned it on, but I still have to purchase/buy PPVs, right? Or does it not 'write' the info to the access card?

Thanks for your help! I'm a happy TiVoer! :cool:

Zanzibar
05-18-2003, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to post my thanks for all your help.

Also, I don't understand what NOPPV does exactly. Can someone describe this to me? I turned it on, but I still have to purchase/buy PPVs, right? Or does it not 'write' the info to the access card?

Thanks for your help! I'm a happy TiVoer! :cool:

NOPPV removes the PPV flag from the shows in the guide. It won't allow you to purchase or view PPV with a subscribed card. It just removes the flag for the people that use a 3M on their card, instead of legitimately subscribing to DirecTV.

Since you are a legit DTV subscriber, I would turn off NOPPV.

Mag
05-19-2003, 11:07 AM
SZ

I followed the readme to upgrade throught he bash prompt using TeraTerm. Whenever I type ./upgrd252.tcl I get the following:

bash-2.02# ./upgrd252.tcl
missing close-brace
while compiling
"body LogMgr::processSysLogs {nameList} { ..."
invoked from within
"$parser eval $contents"
(procedure "auto_mkindex_parser::mkindex" line 29)
invoked from within
"auto_mkindex_parser::mkindex $file"
(procedure "auto_mkindex" line 18)
invoked from within
"auto_mkindex /var/tmp $tcl_library/tv/*.itcl"
(file "//tvlib/tcl/tv/SwSystem.itcl" line 17)
invoked from within
"source $name"
(procedure "tvsource" line 7)
invoked from within
"tvsource $tcl_library/tv/SwSystem.itcl"
(file "./upgrd252.tcl" line 12)

What am I doing wrong??

superzap
05-19-2003, 12:12 PM
It looks like your /tvlib/tcl/tv/SwSystem.itcl file is corrupt.

Mag
05-19-2003, 01:02 PM
SZ - What should I do?

fdx45
05-19-2003, 01:06 PM
OK, last night after working successfully for a week, I had TiVo set up to record 2 network shows at once starting at 700PM. It just happened that I sat down to watch (60 Minutes) about 3 minutes after the top of the hour. It showed that it was recording it in 'now showing', but when I selected it, there was no audio or video. I went to 'live TV', selected the appropriate channel, and hit record. It then recorded normally. Same thing happened with Dateline (at the same time).

This made me pretty nervous about the other stuff I had set up to record (all on local channels) later in the night. At 900PM, I saw that again, it showed that it was recording in 'now playing', but no data. This time when I went to 'live tv', it said 'channel not available'. But it was not just that channel or just my locals, it was all channels! So I hit the power button, and instead of just going into standby, it turned off and rebooted. After the reboot everything worked normally again.

What gives? Did the unit get too hot? Run out of memory like a computer? Have a brain glitch?
Has anyone else had this happen?

SAT-T60, TiVo 252xtreme, subbed P4 with locals subbed, 120 GB hdd, no other mods.

superzap
05-19-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm attaching a copy of /tvlib/tcl/tv/SwSystem.itcl. Make a copy of yours for safety and replace it with this one and give it another try. Never seen that happen before.

BTW I'm just guessing this is the problem. If this doesn't work, I suggest you load on v25xtreme and then do the xupgrade. Be aware that you will lose all your recordings.

Mag
05-19-2003, 10:32 PM
SZ:

Thanks for the info. I tried it. but no luck. I guess I'll have to reinstall 2.5.

raulvaldez
05-21-2003, 07:50 AM
nevermind, I think I found the answer.

arthur
05-21-2003, 08:23 AM
I recently upgraded to 2.5.2 and since then I've been experiencing frequent pixelization.
I never had this problem with 2.5
I am attributing this (pure speculation) to some process taking too much cpu, but am not sure about the root cause.

I noticed that if through telnet I issue the command xp "#12"
until xplusz displays all of the data, I get freezing on Tivo, it starts with pixelization and then eventually freezes.

I don't mind doing all the necessary digging and the leg work, but if anybody has experienced similar problems or has any pointers on where to start, I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA

superzap
05-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Could be that some marginal hard drive errors are occuring on the partitions used after the upgrade. When the tivo does an upgrade, the alternate root and kernel partitions are used for the new version.

arthur
05-21-2003, 11:34 AM
thanks superzap,
any way to remedy this?

superzap
05-21-2003, 11:44 AM
First, check the /var/log/kernel for errors and run some drive diagnostics. Replacing the hard drive is the only remedy that I know of.

cseeley
05-21-2003, 04:42 PM
I just used your xupgrade 2.52.

I would like to get telnet over IP back.

Any sugestions?

TIA

CSeeley

superzap
05-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Did you use the xPlusz command to turn on telnet? See the link in the first post in this thread.

cseeley
05-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Sure did.

I can get telnet access over the serial port, but I would like to have it over the Ethernet port.

By the way thanks for the prompt reply!!

Regards,

CSeeley

cseeley
05-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cseeley
Sure did.

I can get telnet access over the serial port, but I would like to have it over the Ethernet port.

By the way thanks for the prompt reply!!

Regards,

CSeeley

Another note: The update was installed over Kravens update.

superzap
05-21-2003, 06:29 PM
You might have installed something like separate turbonet support that broke the xPlusz startup. If you did that make sure the last thing in /etc/rc.d/rc.net is

cseeley
05-21-2003, 08:15 PM
You might have installed something like separate turbonet support that broke the xPlusz startup. If you did that make sure the last thing in /etc/rc.d/rc.net is

SuperZap.

#!/bin/bash
# Copyright (c) 2001-2002 TiVo Inc.
#

if [ "$DEBUG_BOARD" != true -o "$dhcp" == true ]; then
if detectDynamicNet; then
mkdir -p /var/state/dhcp
/sbin/dhclient -q "$DYNAMIC_NET_DEV" 2>/dev/null &
fi
fi

That is how it looks!!

I don't get it!!

I installed Kravens grade When got my turbnet card. At that time I was interested in getting telnet over ethernet to transfer large files.

Now I'm interested in getting my Video off of the Tivo.

I installed Your 2.52 Upgrade. Activated telnet with the remote. ( I did this several times, thinking it wasn't working. Then I realized that I had it over the serial port) I the activated tivoweb and ftp with the remote. and several other things using the xp command.

I then installed tystudio server, and no scramble (xpz remote command).

I don't think that noscramble is working, cause I can watch old recordings. I did record one new thing today, tystudio does not list it in its listbox, and I get an invalid page when i attempt to download it with tivoweb ui. ( I'm not sure where the actual files are stored on the tivo.) I have not tried to watch that recording, cause the wife took over the tv and tivo so she could watch American Idol ........ I need to keep her happy too!!

Your help is much appreciated. It has been quite a while since I tinkered with this thing!

Regards C Seeley

superzap
05-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Did you install KRavEN upgrade on top of this upgrade? Take a look at the /var/hack/xPlusz/xPlusz.log file to see if xPlusz is starting.

cseeley
05-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Did you install KRavEN upgrade on top of this upgrade? Take a look at the /var/hack/xPlusz/xPlusz.log file to see if xPlusz is starting.

No, I installed KRavEN upgrade before.

It appears that xPlusz is starting, here is the log file.

C. Seeley

iluvtivo
05-21-2003, 10:29 PM
a real quick question for a (somewhat) newbie trying to upgrade to 252.

i've been running extreme25 for well over a year and all has worked very well. i am trying to run the upgrade. i've got my bootable cd, and i popped out my tivo hd and put it into a spare pc in place of its hd.

when i boot up, the cd runs, loads files, and gives me the couple prompts. finally, i get the "#" prompt. when i enter the "upgrd252.sh" command, i get the following:

"source files are on /dev/hdc. enter the device name of your dtvio 'a' drive"

i started playing with jumper settings, etc., but am concerned this isn't the problem. i've tried virtually every jumper/primary/secondary cable combination. i've tried to reference it as hdb/hdc/hdd. do i need to use some "mount" command as soon as i get a prompt? if so, what?

please help! what am i doing wrong? thanks so much in advance.

arthur
05-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks SZ,
fsfix didn't find any problems, though it hung my Tivo, at least through Tivo unit.
I still had telnet connection active.
I turned off NOPHONE option, so that I get the logs back, and still I see kernel log = 0 bytes
does that mean that there are no errors, or does that mean it's still not being logged?

TIA

superzap
05-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Did you activate TELNET with #43,1?

Run #0#12 from call waiting prefix or xp "#12" from bash to see what is activated.

superzap
05-22-2003, 09:48 AM
You can't put your tivo drive on primary/master (hda). It must be on
hdb = IDE Primary Slave
or
hdc = IDE Secondary Master
or
hdd = IDE Secondary Slave

superzap
05-22-2003, 10:03 AM
To get the logs to work as normal, you might also need to start the logging daemon as it is not active as part of the xupgrade.
If you're familiar with editing rc.sysinit do this (if not be careful). Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and find this code around line 560:

#if [ "$runsyslog" = false ]; then
# echo "No logging daemons started..."
#else
# echo "Starting logging daemons..."
# rm -f /var/run/syslogd.pid /var/run/klogd.pid
# syslogd -p /var/dev/log -m 10000
# klogd
#fi
and remove the # from the beginning of each of those 8 lines. Then reboot.

iluvtivo
05-22-2003, 10:07 AM
thanks for the reply. i'll keep trying. i apologize for the elementary nature of my question.

for those of us not overly familiar with linux, once i figure out which one (hdb,hdc,hdd) it is, i have to mount rw, correct?

i'm now getting a message that says it's (not sure if it's talking about the cd or hd) read-only.

is this the command?

mount -o rw

thanks again

arthur
05-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks SZ,
I did the changes. I'll see what log I get later tonight.

superzap
05-22-2003, 11:01 AM
You shouldn't have to mount anything, it's done in the script. Occasionally you might have to mount the cdrom, but that's rare. It's normal for the cdrom to be automatically mounted read only.

raulvaldez
05-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Ok, so I've got everything installed, most of it works. I have noscramble turned on, I have mfsstream turned on, I have tivoweb turned on, telnet + ftp turned on. When I access tivoweb I cannot download any of the .ty files, IE looks like it's going to grab them, the download ends very quickly, all that is left in the PC directory is a 0kb file. Has anyone experienced this? Is there something else that I need to turn on?

Thanks,
Raul

CPotato
05-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Justed wanted to say thanks all for the info... up and running with locals again.

superzap
05-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Someone else posted this previously:
I saw that the file /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg contained:

path=/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl

but, mfs_stream is in /tivoweb-tcl

so, changing that line to: path=/tivoweb-tcl
seemed to fix things and now I can download ty streams from the tivoweb.

CPYou
05-22-2003, 02:56 PM
1st let me start by giving you all a HUGE thank you for all the work you all have been doing on the TIVO front. I was introduced to this scene about 6 months ago when I was given a T-60 that had a 120gig HD added to it as a gift. Needless to say, I soon fell in love with my TIVO. Then a week or so ago I was watching TechTV and what do I see.... wow, they are hacking the TIVO and it can do a TON of stuff! I about fell off my couch! They gave a link to this site.. so now your stuck with me! Muwhahahaha =)

Now, here is my problem....

After reading about all the great things you can do with a Turbonet card, I ordered one. I was also reading the thread about locals dropping (a problem effecting me) so I knew I needed to upgrade to atleast 2.52

I pulled my HD out yesterday and applied the 2.52 update and then (think this was the mistke) I applied the turbonet software. I see the 252 folder in the var/hack section, and a ton of files in the 252 dir.

But... when I check my system information, its still showing me as being at 2.5-01-1-011

Did I screw up the update by applying the TurboNet software after the update?

And if so, should I just re-apply the 2.52 update? or is there an easier way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

superzap
05-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Try redoing the xupgrade and don't apply any separate turbonet support. Turbonet support is already included.

raulvaldez
05-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey SZ, I tried editing those files, running them through dos2unix, placing them back on the tivo and restarting the unit. Still no dice on extraction.

This is a segment of my mfsstream.cfg file

#the path that contains mfs_stream
path::/tivoweb-tcl
#the port that tyhttpd is running on.
port::2000
#clock formats for all date variables
dateformat::%m/%d/%Y <BR> %I:%M %p
startdateformat::%m/%d/%Y %I:%M%p
stopdateformat::%m/%d/%Y %I:%M%p
cdateformat::%m/%d/%Y <BR> %I:%M %p
ddateformat::%m/%d/%Y <BR> %I:%M %p
airdateformat::%m/%d/%Y <BR> %I:%M %p
expdateformat::%m/%d/%Y <BR> %I:%M %p

I tried using path=/tivoweb-tcl and still no dice. For some reason the unit will not let me simply copy the tivoweb-tcl directory to /var/hack. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Raul

superzap
05-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Did you restart tivoweb? Other than that I can't think of anything else. See this thread ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20901

CPYou
05-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the fast reply...

Can I do the update over the nic thats installed now?

Or just use the boot CD?

Also, is there anyplace I can donate to the cause? Feel kinda guilty getting all this great info for free and would love to be able to help!

=)

superzap
05-22-2003, 06:37 PM
You can do the xupgrade on bash, see the readme install method C.

CPYou
05-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks!

Was just worried that I had to have a serial cable. Was not 100% sure that I could use the nic...

Will give that a shot using Teraterm right after dinner...

raulvaldez
05-22-2003, 06:51 PM
SZ,
I got it working. I ended up downloading the latest version of mfs_stream and copying the contents into the tivoweb-tcl folder, I had to chmod the mfs_stream file, once I did that and rebooted everything worked fine. Thanks for all of your help, your mods rock!

Raul

arthur
05-22-2003, 08:25 PM
SZ,
I don't see any errors in the kernel log
the only thing I see that seems to be repeating and of question is

May 22 23:02:53 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(b8009b60) is meaningless
May 22 23:02:56 (none) last message repeated 3 times
May 22 23:03:45 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(af506390) is meaningless
May 22 23:03:45 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(a35c9960) is meaningless
May 22 23:35:04 (none) kernel: ============================
May 22 23:35:04 (none) kernel: = wedged, resetting chip =
May 22 23:35:04 (none) kernel: ============================
May 22 23:35:04 (none) kernel: abufLevel=22708, segBuf.Len=1552
May 22 23:55:09 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(b8009a60) is meaningless
May 22 23:55:12 (none) last message repeated 6 times
May 23 00:20:01 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(b8031de0) is meaningless
May 23 00:20:02 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(b80416e0) is meaningless
May 23 00:20:05 (none) kernel: CodeFromNec(b8009b60) is meaningless

If I have to change a drive, I guess then be it, but i hate to take that route, if that is not the source of the problem.
Besides I have two drives in there, how would I know which one to change?, considering that fsfix didn't report any issues?
Any other diagnostics I could do to narrow this sucker down?

Thanks for all the help you have provided.

CPYou
05-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, got everything reinstalled (or so I thought) and then all of a sudden half way through the reboot I get a big green screen saying that a servere error has occurred and not to unplug my unit for 24 hours while it trys to repair itself.... *boggle*

What happened?

poppagene
05-23-2003, 06:34 PM
leave it plugged in and it should be fine after an hour or less.

kozmo21
05-25-2003, 06:32 PM
How low can you set the login delay time? Is the default time 180 seconds? What problems could this cause?

superzap
05-25-2003, 08:14 PM
I suppose you can set the login delay time as low as you want (zero). All this does is delay xPlusz from starting anything like telnet, tivoweb, cron, etc. that is started by xPlusz. This is used to prevent contention with the normal stuff that happens during bootup. If you set it too low it might take a long time for the acquiring satellite info to complete, but give it a try. The first boot after applying the upgrade is important to have the delay because of the updating database phase that runs one time.

tictoc2
05-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Hello SuperZap,

I first want to say thanks for all of the help you have given in the past. My question is an easy one but I have seen some conflicting answers. I want to know if your 2.5.2 version with xplusz is compatible with Kravens upgrade? What I mean is. I have Xtreme 251 installed. I then installed Kraven's upgrade on top of that. What I would like to know is if I send the 2 files over to /var/hack on the tivo via cute ftp, and then chmod and run them, will the 2.5.2 upgrade install right over Kravens previous upgrade? Then reason I am asking is that Captain Video said that he had to do a fresh install of Xtreme251 WITHOUT Kraven's upgrade B4 your 252 upgrade would work properly.

Quote:

Captain Video

I installed SZ's 2.5.2 upgrade on top of 2.5Xtreme & Kraven's upgrade. I did the Clear Program Data & To Do List and my locals returned - sort of. They kept coming and going until I finally gave up and started over from scratch. I tried avery combination of mvchannels commands and midupdate.tcl but nothing would work for very long. I spent several days watching and extracting my recordings so nothing would get lost. I finally reinstalled 2.5Xtreme, let it complete the update, and then installed the 2.5.2 upgrade. I reinstalled my extraction programs and set up a static IP and now both DTivos are running fine with locals restored. I did the reinstall several weeks ago and never lost the locals once. Although it's been stated that SZ's upgrade will install fine over Kraven's, I think there may be some gremlins left over if any traces of Kraven's are left behind. The clean install appears to have fixed my wandering locals and now they're home to stay.

End Quote:

This is why I am aksing. Do you have any first hand knowledge of this Superzap? Thanks!

tictoc2

superzap
05-26-2003, 04:59 PM
I think I remember testing the xupgrade over the KRavEN upgrade, but I'm not positive. I can't think of any reason it would not work and I'm pretty sure others would have reported problems by now if this was a general problem.

Just remember certain hacks are on by default with the KRavEN upgrade which aren't on by default with the xupgrade. For example noscramble, tivoweb, telnet, tivoftpd and noppv. So you'll need to activate these and others with xPlusz commands if you want them. And if you have trouble with the acquiring satellite info completing, try the Clear Program Data & To Do List from the Reset menu.

hsmith
06-01-2003, 05:08 PM
I have a DSR6000. I did the upgrade 2.51 to 2.52. The upgrade worked but somehow my IRD number changed in the process. It reads a different number now on the system information screen and my subbed P4 will not work. I get the message "You have inserted the wrong access card, please insert the proper card." The IRD number does not match with what Direct TV has for this unit per their website. I know the upgrade worked because everything works fine with a test card. But I need my sub to work. I have tried to change the number back with the Crypto command but it gives me error 51 and shows the Tivo Service Number as all 0's.

Questions.
1)How did the upgrade cause the number to change?
2)Is the message about inserting the proper card due to my subbed card being married to the old IRD number?
3) Is there any way to fix it without deleting and clearing everything, I really don't want to do that.
4) If I have to clear and delete everything is there a way to back up my saved video and reinstall it after the repair.

superzap
06-01-2003, 05:23 PM
I don't see how the xupgrade could change the IRD number. Everyone would be screaming if it did that. What file did you download and use?

The only way to clear the error #51 is to do a clear and delete everything. All your recorded shows and everything else will be lost. If you have a network connection you could possibly extract the shows and load them back later.

Are you sure your system info screen says v2.5.2? If somehow you loaded on v3.1.0 and your card doesn't authorize the DVR service then you might have this problem with the IRD number.

hsmith
06-01-2003, 05:52 PM
I know this is wired, but it happened.

The reason I did the update is because I lost my subbed locals.

The file I used was xupgrade.iso modified 12/12/2002 11:07am.

The process went just like the readme states except when I did the "clear program data and to do lists" it did not reboot on it's own. After 12 hours it was still on the screen saying "this will take an hour", I forced a reboot. After that it worked fine including locals with a test card, but not with the subbed card.

The system info screen shows 2.52-01-001.

The IRD Serial number shows a different number than before the upgrade.

Is is possible that the unit had a different number on the upgrade partition? If so and I did the upgrade again would it go back to the original partition and maybe fix this? Any harm in trying this?

DaytonaDave
06-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Hi All,

I just restored the 252 image to my T60 (which has 2 120 gig drives). After letting it boot, I installed the xupdate.

Everything seemed fine, except:
1) I could not record anything. It kept getting the message that there was a hardware error that needed to be corrected. Restarting did not help.
2) In system info, it said 35 hours, rather than 212 hours.

I thought maybe I neede dto run MAD on the drive, but that set me back to square zero (stuck on powering up).

I have a few quick questions:
1) How (from the linux shell) can I see/clear partition info? I think some old crap may be sitting on the drives...
2) Should I let the Tivo make it's daily calls? I pay for everything (including local channels)... What happens if it completes a daily?
3) Speaking of locals, I have read about mvchannel, does that let you have more than one set of locals?
4) When you enter the xplus commands, do they stay active, or do they have to be reentered after a reboot?

I am now going to try to re-restore 2.5.2, and see if I can get my full drive sizes recognized...

Ah, one last ?... I saw on tivostuff an updated (deloused) tivoweb... Is the version included in xupdate?

Thanks again for the help,

superzap
06-01-2003, 06:18 PM
This thread has some info on the ird number http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8862

I guess the clear program data not completing is the cause of the problem. I suggest you try clear and delete everything and if that doesn't work install v25xtreme and then do the xupgrade.

superzap
06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
I would suggest you load on v25xtreme, make sure you run dtivomad and let it boot at least once. Then do the xupgrade.

You will have a working version of tivoweb but you should apply the fix here ===> http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=79985#post79985

You can let the daily calls complete if you want but remember that you could get an upgrade that would wipe out your hacks. If you don't connect phone line make sure you activate the xPlusz NOPHONE option.

All the xPlusz options stay in effect after rebooting. Stay away from mvchannels as that feature does not seem to work anymore since the way the dtivo handles locals has changed.

DaytonaDave
06-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply!

When you say 25xtreme, you recommend that over 2.5.2?

I found cfdisk, and did see my partitions looked all screwy...

You mention avoiding mvchannel... Does that mean I will no longer get locals, even if I am paying for them? Or does that info come via the satellite like the guide?

Thanks again,
David

superzap
06-01-2003, 06:56 PM
What seems to work the best is to install v25xtreme and then upgrade to v2.5.2 or v3.1.0. You will only get 1 set of locals depending on what the access card gives you. mvchannels and other similar scripts do not work anymore to give multiple locals.

DaytonaDave
06-01-2003, 08:27 PM
One last question...

I went the 25xtreme route to 31, and still received the 'cannot record due to hardware problem' message.

I read elsewhere to clear program data, and that might resolve the issue.

I tried to clear everything, but it asked for a parental control password. I tiried the obvious ones (1111, 0000, 1234), with no luck. Any idea what it might be?

Or was it set intentionally to keep us from killing something in Xtreme?

SR712
06-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Try using the password that is on the access card in the machine.

DaytonaDave
06-02-2003, 01:06 AM
Unfortunately, I did not have PC enabled before...

Or if I did, I chose a pin that does not match any pin I have ever used befopre :(

By box is not behaving well anyhow right now (will not record anything), so I plan on refreshing to plain T60 tomorrow...

Could there be a factory default I do not know about?

Are you certain the pin is stored on the card, rather than the drive?

Thanks for your help...

DaytonaDave
06-02-2003, 09:28 PM
I am happy to say, that I am finally 100% up and running again... No more 'Hardware Error' when trying to record, everything seems fine...

In 3.1.0, I have these minor remaining issues:
1) In TivoWeb, I can see an items on my list, but when I click on the title to DL the TY, I get a zero length file
2) I cannot seem to get TyStudio to download either, does it work with 3.1?
3) I have tried using ps to show processes running, but it does not show much - not even things I know are running (like tivoweb). What am I doing wrong?
4) Last thing: Is there a way to see all current options for Xplus? Onscreen or from Bash?

Sorry for being such a pain, but I am very close to perfect now :)

Thanks!

DaytonaDave
06-03-2003, 09:41 AM
A quick update on my journey...

First, I resolved my issue with TyStudio partially. It appears that the Tivo-side background jobs are not starting after a reboot, even though they are the last two lines of my rc.sysinit. If I manually start, TyStudio can download streams without a problem.

Second, I found some docs on the 'ps' command, and now know about the more detailed 'ps -aux'. That seems to give me a great deal more detail.

Which leaves:
1) TivoWeb still gives empty TYs. Maybe the mfsstream background job is not autostarting? Have not been able to find it yet, to test a manual start.

2) How to dump current XPlusz config/options...

3) NEW - My locals disappeared last night. I pay the $5/month for locals, so I was hoping they would come back... Alas, this morning I still have guide info, but the channels are dead. I have verified my zip code, and my next step is the clear program data (In case it somehow thinks it should be seeing locals from a different sat)

Any ideas, comments, kicks to the head, will be appreciated...

superzap
06-03-2003, 09:52 AM
See if this fix for mfsstream helps http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=80801#post80801
Two ways to dump xPlusz options:
1) from bash:
xp "#12"
2) or enter
#0#12
into the call waiting prefix.
Clearing the program data & to do list should help fix the locals problem.

DaytonaDave
06-03-2003, 11:08 AM
G'morning!

Thanks to your help (and the 10 bazillion posts here), I have reached critical mass.

I had read the posts you referred to on MFSStream, but had not read deep enough to get the real answer. Upgraded to 98b, and all went well. One interesting thing to note: I did not even have a file:MFS_STREAM That may be why just changing the path to path::/tivoweb-tcl did not work for me.

I also fixed my auto start issues with TyStudio. TyStudio had added the startup to the very end, past the bash login. My guess is that the script stops processing there. I moved the lines up a bit, and not TyStudio autostarts.

Question:
I read somewhere that in order to edit the rc.sysinit file, you first had to do a remount in RW mode... That does not seem necessary... Am I missing something?

My only remaining issue is locals, which should be resolved my clearing program data (which I will do as I goto work). I will report my success later :)

As soon as that works, I will pull my drives, one last time, and get one of those glorious 'it all works' backups...

Thanks again

Update!!!!
:cool:
After the clear, my locals have returned :)

hsmith
06-08-2003, 11:05 AM
I finally found some time and bit the bullet. I changed my serial number back to the original using the crypto command which gave me error 51. I cleared and deleted everything. It did not reboot (same as before) so I forced it after 24 hours. Now everything looks right in system information. The IRD SN matches what DTV has on their website for this card number. The Tivo service number looks right 031-0000-7056-xxxx last four match the IRD SN. It works fine with a test card and can record. But when I put my P4 sub in it gives me the same error as before.

"You have inserted the wrong card. Please insert the proper Access Card"

I am at a loss. Is it possible that having the card in there when I did the upgrade and the serial number changed screwed up the card?

blahman
06-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Updating the TurboNet Drivers.

I've got everything running nicely and I'm pretty happy with the way things work. However, I've heard that the turbonet drivers in xUpgrade aren't the most up to date and the newer ones are somewhat faster.

Now since I have my network all configured and working well I don't want to mess things up to much. Especially my static IPs, and I don't want the Tivo calling home.

So was just wondering what the best route to upgrade the drivers would be. The goal of course is faster extraction.

All of this is on an xUpgraded Xtreme 2.52 DSR6k.

superzap
06-10-2003, 12:31 PM
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22383

blahman
06-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Has anyone told you that you rock lately? Well, you do. Thanks again.

dragdrop
06-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I've been banging my head reading the threads on upgrading to 2.5.2 because I see instructions saying to run the .tcl from /var/hack, but I don't have a /hack directory... ?

I'm running an Xtremed 25 with Kraven's updates, showing a version of 2.5-01-1-011

I was going to transfer the files via serial and running the update that way ... does it have to be run from /hack? Any other suggestions?

Thanks a ton for all the info here. Banging my head but much appreciated!

--dd

superzap
06-11-2003, 10:41 AM
The upgrade needs to run from /var/hack. You should have that directory but if not create it with:
mkdir /var/hack
cd /var/hack
Then transfer the upgrd252.tcl and v252.tar files, make the upgrd252.tcl file executable with
chmod +x upgrd252.tcl
and run with
./upgrd252.tcl

Note: make sure the file names are all lower case alpha.

dragdrop
06-11-2003, 10:51 PM
thanks superzap. I went through my original docs from when I xtremed and when I applied kraven's update I followed the instuction to rm -rf /var/hack, which explains why there's no /var/hack. I'll take your advice and mk a new dir and run the update from there.

thanks again.

quantum_3
06-12-2003, 08:29 PM
getting a problem with "no phone" . i didnt even know about it untill i got the "tivo has not called in for the past 14 days" message. when i tried 21,1 i got this:

/var/hack# xp
enter xPlusz command #21,1

TmkLogger: <134>Jun 13 00:58:46 tcl[444]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes
Thu Jun 12 03 17:58:48 xPlusz v3.10 started, entry code='#21,1'
wrong # args: should be "foreach varList list ?varList list ...? command"
while executing
"foreach dpy $dpx {
incr cmdindx ;# index to next command
set dpz "#$dpy"
putmsg "processing command '$dpz'"
if { $argv != "" && [regexp {^..."
invoked from within
"if { [string range $dp 0 0] == "#" && $callID != "dailyCall" } {
set indx 0
set dpx $dp
while { $indx != -1 } {
set cmd [string range $dpx $indx..."
(file "/hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl" line 1961)
/var/hack#

any ideas please??????????

thanks for the help!
Q_3

hsmith
06-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Can you please respond to my last post.

I'm lost.

superzap
06-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Don't know exactly what the problem is. It works for me and many others. Try this:
reboot and try again.
enter the command from the call waiting prefix.
reinstall xPlusz.

superzap
06-13-2003, 09:56 AM
All I can suggest is to do a Clear and Delete Everything from the Reset menu again. You will lose all your recordings and settings and have to go through guided setup.

Or call and get a new access card.

quantum_3
06-13-2003, 07:55 PM
thanks SuperZap,

did a reinstall and that fixed it. i have ver 3.1 and that is the 1st time it did that. o well, works now :D
thanks again!!
Q_3

donbadabon
06-14-2003, 10:34 PM
When using the elseed with xPlusz in 3.1.0, the last number of the displayed phone number is off the screen. Is there a way to adjust the placement of the caller id text?

Also, when I was using elseed as a standalone, I could add options to the command line. Where does xPlusz store the elseed command, is there a crontab somewhere that it uses for this?

Since the tvlog is not used, I liked to use the option

-l /var/log/tvlog

This would store the caller id info in the tvlog file, and I could view it using C-E-C Thumbs up.

Thanks in advance.

superzap
06-15-2003, 03:04 PM
You would need to modify /hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl. Or you could run elseed separate from xPlusz as explained in the elseed readme.

xds
06-17-2003, 04:39 PM
SZ,

If I install the superzap upgrade will this overwrite my current modified boot299.btl file (you probably now why since we cannot discuss this type of activity at this forum). If so, can I make it a .bak file then re-install after the upgrade?

superzap
06-17-2003, 04:44 PM
It won't overwrite the file but it will be left behind on the old root partition. Then you can just copy it from the old partition to the new. Someone posted exactly how to do this so do a search. Or you can just reinstall the file.

kozmo21
06-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Ok, I have a tivo that does not have xtreme on it yet, I also have a drive that has a fresh 3.1 xtreme on it. The problem is this tivo has not been flashed, is there a way to use this drive without starting over with 25xtreme?

superzap
06-18-2003, 09:41 AM
If you already have v3.1.0 you can't use the upgrade. Start with a standard v2.5 or 2.5.2 image or start with v25xtreme.

If you have v2.5, xtremed or not, you can use the upgrade to go to v2.5.2 or v3.1.0. If not xtremed use the -p option as explained in the readme to flash the prom.

If you have v2.5.2, xtremed or not, you can use the upgrade to go to v3.1.0. If not xtremed use the -p option as explained in the readme to flash the prom.

kozmo21
06-18-2003, 06:25 PM
That's what I thought, I was just hoping i wouldn't have to start over. Oh well, thanks.

Silverdude
06-19-2003, 01:34 PM
After about 2 weeks of tying to install 3.1, then 2.52, 3.1, 2.52 I finally gave up and went right back to the original 25Xtreme, then 2.52 upgrade then the 3.1 upgrade. Finished last night about 3am, everything seems fine... (more or less).

My only problem so far is telnet. If i try to upload (zmodem) to the /var/hack directory it goes about 64K and dies.

At least i have my locals back. I have missed half a season of Enterprise. :(

EDIT: Spoke to soon. My SeasonPass/Wishlist are not finding all the shows. eg. for Farscape is shows the Friday show (tongiht) but no others. I have manually set to record mon and tues shows, but they still do not show up. I am forcing a daily call to see if that help. I am thinking that it is just not finished building the database yet..

SD

das Monkey
06-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Is it possible to use this lba48 mod with xtreme?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83342

I've successfully tested the precompiled kernels with an unhacked setup, and it appears to work just fine.

das

groundhog
06-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Just wanted to say that I installed 2.5.2 over Kravens & it worked well. Got my locals back :) I was hesitant to do it because of some early reports of some minor problems getting locals back(over kravens). The only problem that I ran into was that xplusz apparently turned on noscramble, and I couldn't watch any of my recordings. I did a search here, found out that noscramble was the problem, then set the xplusz command to turn it off, and all was well.

Silverdude
06-30-2003, 12:53 PM
After installing 3.1 my ONLY problem is with the "Satelite Dish Setup". After signal strenghth test, and before the Multiswitch test is stops with the message "Please Waite..."

SD

defender
06-30-2003, 06:49 PM
I picked up a new hard drive recently and decided to do a fresh install on my DTivo. Everything went very smooth thanks to xtreme and xupgrade (thanks sz!) I really like the way that xplusz is accessible through the tivo remote. Very handy. One problem I'm having though is that Tivoweb doesn't seem to be working. I have the process running through xplusz and I've confirmed it with the #12 command. I can start it manually through telnet and everything seems fine until I reboot. I checked out my rc.sysint file and there's no reference to tivoweb in there. Is that where it is normally started from?

airf00
07-18-2003, 08:38 PM
I have 2.5.2 from superzap's upgrade. I'm running tivoweb which came with the upgrade. I can't seem to rename shows via MfsStream. Do I need to load something which didn't come with SZ's upgrade? I'm looking at MfsStream Web Module v.98!... should I load that? The directories look to be different than where they are via SZ's upgrade to 2.5.2.

Edited to say: I found out how to edit the titles. Not via mfsstream but another area under now playing via tivoweb.

newlooper
07-31-2003, 07:23 AM
airf00,

Seems to me you need edittitle or one of the other various utilities. go to tivostuff dot com and you will find what you seek.:D

Not sure if that is in xtreme or not.:confused:

CPotato
07-31-2003, 01:28 PM
Just got my hands on DSR6000 and would like to install hacks, please advise if Im on the right direction. I have a T60 from which I have successfuly hacked, problem is Im a bit rusty.

1) I should follow same process as to what I did for my T60 but with a DSR6000 image correct.
2) Install Surgeon's DSR6000 2.5 ISO
3) Using Xupgrade load both 2.5.2 files to tivo and execute.

Is there anything special needed for the DSR6000?

thanks

SR712
07-31-2003, 07:05 PM
The xupgrade is also available as a bootable CD iso, if you wish. You can find it as xupgrade.zip. I think you're good to go. Go for it. :D

Rite-Way
08-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Superzap,

I had asked you a question about 3 months back and you were a life saver... I hope you can repeat your heroics..

If you are unable do to time restrictions, I understand and thank you anyway..

Here we go..

I have a Sony T-60 with 2 drives. I was running 2.5.1 and decided to go with the 2.5.2 upgrade. I did so and all went well. I even fixed a locals issue that I had. I ran SubTest and made my test call.. Everything was working fine... Then about 45 days or so later I started receiving messages that I had not made my daily call.. Everything else was working so I just ignorred it.. One day I lost all of my DVR capabilities. I reran SubTest... No help..

Used the xp #21,1 command no help.. I was receiving the Failed: No dialtone . i turned off dial tone detection and now I receive Failed: counld't connect.. What is wrong?? What can I do??

Rite-Way

roux
08-10-2003, 09:17 PM
After purusing the forums, I haven't found the discussion on how to install Superzap upgrade on a DTivo with Kraven's 2.5.2 upgrade. Could someone post a link where this is discussed?

Also, tivostuff.com only seems to have the Superzap 2.5.2 ISO. I'd really like to install Xplusz over FTP without taking the drive back out.

Thanks!

Zanzibar
08-12-2003, 07:14 PM
I have a couple questions. I've got a DTIVO with the original 40 gig HDD, and 25xtreme on it. As expected, it's not getting any locals. I want to add a 120 gig HDD, and upgrade with SZ's upgrade to 2.5.2. Upon initial install of 25xtreme, I told it I would not have a 2nd drive, and my total space would not exceed 140 gig. I believe that 2nd question has to do with how big of a swap space to create.

My questions are: Would it be advisable to just TivoMad the 120 and then use SZ's upgrade? Or should I completely start over?

If I add the drive, without starting over, is there a way to manually add swap space?

Any help/advice/experience with this type of situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

SithLord
09-01-2003, 12:01 AM
sz, if I'm going to upgrade to 2.5.2 via the bash, I need to upload two specific files: the .tar and the .tcl files. So I can make sure I got them correctly, can you tell me the size of each and the exact name of each?

The .tcl one I think I've got correctly. The .tar one keeps coming up as a Winzipped file called v252.tar.

Plus, neither one comes close to the original file's 52MB ISO size, which I think is because the latter's a boot CD situation.

smokeman
09-09-2003, 04:47 PM
I was having locals problems with my 2.5.2 satT-60, so I decided to take a fresh drive, and put 2.5xtreme on, verified everything worked..., then used the 3.1 iso, and upgrade..see if I got locals that way...

well, the reciever rebooted, and I got that updating splash, but it only stayed on for a second...then the tivo re-booted, and I got video...but bash was acting really flaky...I would have to keep switching my port speed from 9600, to 115200 to communicate with it...finally , I went to systeminfo, and realized that the 3.1 upgrade had failed...
I saw the upgrade3.1log file in /var/hack, and looked at it, and it gave a whole bunch of errors at the bottom.
so, I saw a rc.update file in /var/hack/v31, and ran the command in that manually from /var/hack.

well, I finally got 3.1, but now I have lost bash....am I going to have to mount this A drive in a pc, and manually put bash back in rc.sysinit?

smokeman
09-09-2003, 04:49 PM
I don't see xplusz anywhere, and the commands sure are not working...

if I can get bash, is there a command I ned to run, to make the Kraven 3.1 upgrade stuff finish, like installing xplusz, etc...?

thanks a bunch!
smokeman

ignore this....used wrong iso....
<see below>

JoeRod
09-09-2003, 06:20 PM
OK I had everything working fine after I upgraded to 2.5.2. Now everytime I try and activate something I get termination: 2 or more running. I've tried to uninstall but I recived the same error. Can anyone help me out with this...

smokeman
09-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Well, it helps to use the right software...

I did not realize there were 2 3.1 upgrades.....downloading the right one now...xupgrade.zip

yes...this worked fine...now on 3.1

just need to find info on how to replace the boot pictures, man are those ugly :-)

great software though...
thanks everyone!

smokeman
09-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by defsrg
ok i just upgraded to 3.1 on my test drive to see if it's something i wanted to do. everything is fine except when i go through the satellite setup to enable my dual tuners right after the signal strength screen it gets hung up and the please wait icon is just sitting ther going on 15 minutes now. i did the boot299.btl modification we all know about and everything on that end is fine.i had live tv,dvr functions etc.. but it gets hungup in the sat setup. i found a similiar thread about this but the post did not give an answer, the guy just said he found the solution on a another forum.
thanx
edit- it s not the dual tuner either it gets hung up after signal strength with the single tuner also. damn, all transponders and signal strength is good so its not that

this has happened to me....same exact thing,(ran blisterpopper for boot299.btl...did it on 2.5.2, and just re-booted out of it, now I reboote4d, and it forces you to go back through, and sticks at the same place....did you find anything?

fdx45
09-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Smokeman,
If it gets hung up at 28% during guided satellite setup, I have an answer for you.

Go through it again (after you reboot) till you get to 'test signal strength' screen. Then, before you go to the next step, unplug both sat inputs from the back of the unit. Then go to the next step.
It will come up with a 'Warning! Problem detected...' screen. Go to the next screen and select 'I'll fix the problem later'. Then reconnect the sat inputs and continue. It will then work fine.

smokeman
09-09-2003, 11:35 PM
thanks.....
what a pain though...
I saw the thread you were talking about...
did anyone ever find info on how to edit the boot299.btl file, so this wouldn't happen?

I'm good for now though...
huge thanks...

smokeman

smokeman
09-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by smokeman
I was having locals problems with my 2.5.2 satT-60, so I decided to take a fresh drive, and put 2.5xtreme on, verified everything worked..., then used the 3.1 iso, and upgrade..see if I got locals that way...

well, the reciever rebooted, and I got that updating splash, but it only stayed on for a second...then the tivo re-booted, and I got video...but bash was acting really flaky...I would have to keep switching my port speed from 9600, to 115200 to communicate with it...finally , I went to systeminfo, and realized that the 3.1 upgrade had failed...
I saw the upgrade3.1log file in /var/hack, and looked at it, and it gave a whole bunch of errors at the bottom.
so, I saw a rc.update file in /var/hack/v31, and ran the command in that manually from /var/hack.

well, I finally got 3.1, but now I have lost bash....am I going to have to mount this A drive in a pc, and manually put bash back in rc.sysinit?

I'm replying to myself to tell results....
I decided to go with the xupgrade instead, because every time I would put the tivo a drive into pc, and edit the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit to add bash, the tivo would remake the partition....losing my changes, and losing bash...

what would you do to keep tivo from doing this on edited files, while mounting tivo a drive in pc....?

carovery
10-19-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi

I would like to update my Tivo from 2.5 to 2.5.2 but I don't want to take out my hardrive from my tivo. Is there any way I just upload an update file to tivo and run from there? I tried to download an update file from pitou website but they closed and other website they don't have it. If you know where can I download an update file and can reply to me that would be great. If an update from SuperZap including Xpluz that even better.

Thanks

Caro

Slowride
10-22-2003, 01:15 AM
Hello all, thanks for your time and thought in advance.

I have a DSR6000 with a fresh 25xtreme install. Still in the PC. I get an error when trying to upgrade to 2.5.2. I boot through the CD and do a upgrd252.sh prompt and supply the HDC. Then get an error.
unsupported Tivo software version 2.0.1.z16, aborting...

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Slowride

BubbleLamp
10-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Slowride
Hello all, thanks for your time and thought in advance.

I have a DSR6000 with a fresh 25xtreme install. Still in the PC. I get an error when trying to upgrade to 2.5.2. I boot through the CD and do a upgrd252.sh prompt and supply the HDC. Then get an error.
unsupported Tivo software version 2.0.1.z16, aborting...

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Slowride

You have to put the drive in the Tivo after Xtreme and let it run through the process before you can upgrade to 2.5.2. You also can copy the 2.5.2 files over to the drive while it's in the PC, then run it via bash AFTER you go through the Xtreme setup.

rpl
10-25-2003, 09:12 PM
If what BL said to try doesn't work for you. I think I had the same problem with one tivo at software version 2.0. I restored a backup copy of 2.5 then ran the Extreme upgrade to 2.5.2

zabs
11-03-2003, 07:38 AM
I have finally upgraded my 2.5 tivo to 2.5.2 via the serial connection (just didn't feel like pulling the drives.)

Everything is up and running just fine except xplusz doesn't seem to work.

Here's everything I have done.

I have set my tivo's ip to 192.168.0.100 by replacing the dhcp call with an ipconfig line.

First I tried setting telnet, ftp, noscramble and nophone in the xplusz.ini file but nothing worked. I set all of those back to 0 and rebooted tivo.
I then tried a manual enable for telnet and ftp. Both seemed to run and I got the on screen messages that they were successful, but neither telnet nor ftp worked.

At this point in time I've gotten everything working by adding the manual start up lines for telnet, ftp, and noscramble back into rc.remote-login (so I know everything does work.) Which is fine because I am not a huge fan of xplusz (I don't know tcl well enough to disect it and I don't like using what I don't understand...no offense intended superzap)

The only trouble that I can see is that it is my understanding that fixsub does not work in 2.5.2 and soon I will be out of luck when the daily call doesn't go through (i have no phone connection to my tivo.)

Is there anything I can do to further troubleshoot my issues with xplusz? or is there anyway to avoid using xplusz and still get the daily call to succeed with no phone line?

BubbleLamp
11-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Last time I looked all the stuff for fixsub was still there. Try doing

touch /etc/SubTest

and reboot and then force a call.

zabs
11-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Fixsub.tcl is no longer present:
/hack/bin# ls -l /tvbin/fixsub.tcl
ls: /tvbin/fixsub.tcl: No such file or directory
/hack/bin#

I thought I read this was because it would not work in 2.5.2 (again not being a tcl guy I didn't check into it much further at this point.)

zabs
11-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Update: Out of curiosity I just checked the system messages and it has the last call occuring at 5am this morning.

Now I don't know if it actually completed a call or if that was the last time I rebooted the tivo (I was up till 7am messing with it and things are a bit hazy yet as to what I was actually doing. :) ) Guess I'll do some more testing.

Heinrich
11-03-2003, 01:41 PM
I like what I'm reading here. I have a few questioins.

Is this utility compatible with TiVo Control Station 1.02? I like the weather options in there.

When I read that P4 is required, that's the new DTV access card that came out within the last year, right?

All these backdoor hacks that I can not do right now because the 3.1 backdoor code is not known - is that fixed with this utility?

With the noscramble support, i assume that I will be able to turn it on and off with the remote with this utility as I am in the middle of converting to non-scrambled video but have too many hours of scrambled video currently? How about if I make a mistake and have no scramble on or off and try to watch video that's the opposite...

Thanks

zabs
11-03-2003, 01:48 PM
If you try to watch scrambled shows with noscramble on (or vice versa,) you will simply get an error from tivo saying the show was not recorded ...something...something....

P4 is only required on the 3.1 software. If you upgrade to 2.5.2, HU cards are still accepted by the tivo unit.

Heinrich
11-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Well I was going to work with this utility this evening but I'm getting cold feet. :-]

I have a 120GB DSR6000 unit that has connectivity through Turbonet and TivoWeb & TCS on it. I love it. I want video extraction. But I like some of the other functionality this package provides as it looks as though it's going to give me backdoor codes without sector-editing my hard drive on 3.1.

But the word "upgrade" confuses me throughout this thread as sometimes it's used to describe 2.5.2 -> 3.1 and sometimes it's referred to "plain TiVo OS" to "Xtrame Upgrade." In my situation, what files would I need?

And since I have a static IP assigned through the nic_install program, am I going to lose any of that information after the upgrade and have to hook the drive back up?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing for my situation. Thanks!

zabs
11-03-2003, 06:27 PM
This upgrade is meant for those who are upgrading their 25Xtreme software. If you do not have this already then I think it is recommended that you first install 25Xtreme (warning: this will completely blow away all recordings and settings) and then upgraded to either 2.52 or 3.1 (both upgrades are included in the upgrade file.

You will have to put the ifconfig lines back in where ever you had them to once again set your tivo to a static IP (it defaults to dhcp.) To do that you will need the serial cable and a terminal program...once you get your turbo net configured and back up again you can go back to telneting in to make changes to tivo.

zx7r
11-06-2003, 09:13 AM
I cannot get my T60 to show a full 35 hour redord capacity with the original 40 gig drive after 252 upgrade.

I have tried a number of times and I cannot figure out what the problem is. Installed 25xtreme expanded HD, let it boot in tivo, go to info screen to see 35 hours available. Then I run the xplus 252 upgrade (both via serial and iso) let it run its course. It boots up and everything is normal but then go to info screen and it only allows up to 25 hours. I have tried taking the drive out again and running mfsadd but it comes back and says something like "nothing to add drive is 40 gig", I have tried running maddtb and then it hangs on "Almost there"

Any ideas? thanks zx7r

Here is a link of a couple others who have reported the same thing with no resolve.

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=24164&highlight=t60+hours

snoopy
11-21-2003, 06:25 AM
post moved

kc8eon
11-23-2003, 08:33 PM
After I installed 25xtreme my tivo will not stop rebooting. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this. I need to be able to use a HU card in the unit.

Any help would be great!!

snoopy
11-24-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by kc8eon
After I installed 25xtreme my tivo will not stop rebooting. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this. I need to be able to use a HU card in the unit.
Any help would be great!! Try my image. It is written for a T60.

kc8eon
11-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by snoopy
Try my image. It is written for a T60.

OK I got it downloaded however I get an error. Something about target is no small. I'm using a 40.0G WD400

snoopy
11-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by kc8eon
OK I got it downloaded however I get an error. Something about target is no small. I'm using a 40.0G WD400
It was originally taken from a Quantum 40 so nothing smaller than that will work. My suspicion is that not all partions were deleted prior to installation. You might run fdisk and delete all the partions first. Beyond that, I would go buy a 100GB or better. You will be much happier with that size.

kc8eon
11-25-2003, 09:00 AM
It was originally taken from a Quantum 40 so nothing smaller than that will work. My suspicion is that not all partions were deleted prior to installation. You might run fdisk and delete all the partions first. Beyond that, I would go buy a 100GB or better. You will be much happier with that size.

Now I got it to load however now I'm stuck on Welcome. Powering up... for over 10 mins now

kc8eon
11-26-2003, 08:46 AM
I found after reading for 2 days that you can not use ANY IBM Drives.... WD work great.... I'm not running fine. Thanks for all the help this group has given me!!!

OneReality
11-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Re: Re: My Sony-T60 reboots

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try my image. It is written for a T60.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can I find the image? The link to the image in snoopy's post is broken.

I have a series 1 T60 with a failed single 40gb drive. I'm looking to replace it with a brand new 120gb drive. Would this image be all I need?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

dood
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
ok, i restored the ice image to my 40gb tivo and am trying to run the 2.5.2 upgrade but am still getting this error.

./upgrd252.sh: ebpout: read only file system
cat: ebpout: No such file or directory

boot parm on hdc unrecognized + ' '
cannot continue -- processing aborted.

i can't run upgrd252 from the #/. it says upgrd252.sh command not found or something like that.

if i mount my hda to a folder and cd to upgrd252 directory and run it, i get the above error.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

da_jeep
12-07-2003, 01:30 AM
I finally decided to take my working T60 with 2.5 with tivoweb & turbonet and upgrade it! Well I broke it instead!

I followed the procedures laid out here to upgrade. Took two new drives and loaded 2.5xtreme from ISO. Installed & Booted. Removed and ran Xupgrade ISO CD.

System Info show 2.5.2 but it seems I have no turbonet. I enable tivoweb & ftp through xpluxsz menus but still nothing. Reviewed the many informative documents here but nothing has helped.

Here is the info as I see it.

Cat /proc/modules does not list the turbonet driver. The phisical driver is installed. I have edited the rc.net file manually through bash but no success. I have eneter the line in at bash prompt but it gives an error indicating device eth0 or net0 does not exist.

I will need to setip a static IP after I can find out why it look like the nic driver is not installing.

Can anyone help!

-------------------------

Long Live DealDatabase!:confused:

septicdeath
12-11-2003, 03:10 PM
please delete.. Sorry bout that

dturturro
12-26-2003, 02:42 PM
Is anyone having trouble with 2.5.2 the last week or so? I've had months of trouble free viewing then last week I lost my non-national locals. I tried rebooting and it went into demo mode. Unfortunately I chose prepare unit for sale and I lost all my data. Since then I've had the demo mode pop up a few times, I lost MANY channels. When I rebooted the channels came back, but my To Do list only had 1 entry. I went back in and selected all the programming I wanted but now I'm waiting for the other show to drop.

Is the an upgrade to 2.5.2 that works with an HU card? :confused:

n4zmz
12-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Have the slices in either package been modified from the tivo default?

I'm trying to play with telling a standalone to load the 3.1 upgrade via the service emulator. It will load the 3.1 slices, but it will not do a pending restart.

Also, any information on the slice format for the software slices would be helpful.

thebard
12-28-2003, 04:44 PM
I just downloaded 25Extreme and the Upgrade from www.tivostuff.com and successfully installed them both.

However, niether supports TurboNet, so I have to install the drives for my network card.

Also, is there a list of all the features installed? I didn't see anything in the README files about which hacks are automatically installed.

SR712
12-28-2003, 09:26 PM
The xPlusz commands are documented in the xPlusz README file, in the zipped file here-> (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showt...&threadid=18394)

thebard
12-29-2003, 01:39 AM
The xPlusz commands are documented in the xPlusz README file, in the zipped file here-> (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showt...&threadid=18394)

The URL you posted doesn't work.

mikey
12-29-2003, 07:45 AM
The URL you posted doesn't work.
Try the read me on the very first post of this thread.
Mikey

madlad
01-02-2004, 01:00 AM
I get this message:

I did notice this at the end of the boot

tdb login:

mount:block device /dev/hda is write-protected, mounting read-only

I loaded 25xtreme the other night fine on this P/C, now it will not load. I have my CD as master on Primary 1 and My HD as master on Secondary 1.

Like I stated I loaded the other night with no problem, now I can load any thing. I know the drive is good I load w2k without any problems.

Any idea's ???

marsrebel
01-03-2004, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=superzap]For more info on using xPlusz ===> http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=79110#post79110

Will this work on a Phillips Stand Alone 212? I am trying to find a binary for the "find command".

Sorry to bother you. And thanks for the great tools.

jasch
01-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Can anybody share the upgrd310 files (.tcl, .sh and .tar). Not sure why, but I only have the 252 ones, ,and I would like to trry 3.10.

Tried tivostuff.com, but they only seem to have the ISO files, and I don't want to pull the drives.

PM me. Email or FTP is fine for getting the files.

Thanks

sublime-1
01-05-2004, 01:39 PM
why not download a demo of Isocracker or WinISO and browse the ISO to extract the files you need.

Works just like Winzip, just extract em to the harddrive or if you have a samba share right onto the Tivo.

Gostal
01-05-2004, 09:45 PM
This has probably been answered, but I have not been able to find an answer.

I have a DirecTIVO Sat-T60. I have a premier subscription with local channels with DirecTV and a lifetime subscription with TIVO.

I used to have 25Xtreme, and now I installed upgrade 3.1. I guess I wanted to play around with some of the hacked features. I have a valid P4 card.

My problems is that I do not receive my local channels. Everything else works.

Is there some command I need to give the TIVO? they do showup in the channel guide, but I get "Channel not available" message. I do receive them in my other satellite receiver.

Since I do not have a problem with subcriptions, my probable solution would be to reinstall my original SAT-T60 image and let it upgrade to the current software version. But it seems like a lot of work, for something that might be very simple.

Thanks,
Gostal

dturturro
01-05-2004, 10:22 PM
You may be able to get away with a Clear All Guide Data. You will have to redo your SPs & WLs but it may be preferable to re-hacking your drive(s).

Gostal
01-07-2004, 07:00 AM
I have installed 3.1xtreme, but I am unable to receive local channels for some reason.

I would like to restore my hard drive to the regular TIVO operating system. I am looking at the easiest way of doing this, without having to removing the hard drives and install it in the PC. Which is probably what I will end up doing.

If I set command command #21, and activate the phone, will the TIVO call home and obtain TIVO software?

I am confused as to what command #99673542 does?

Thanks,
Gostal

DaytonaDave
01-09-2004, 03:09 PM
When I upgraded one on my T60s, I tool lost locals...

A 'Clear Program Data' & reboot fixed it for me...

c0met
01-23-2004, 01:11 PM
i have a single drive dsr6000 with xtreme 2.5 applied, and wish to add a larger hd in the single drive configuration. i have installed xtreme 2.5 on the new drive and want to use xupgrade to install 252 in the pc.
Do i have to boot the new drive once in the tivo after applying xteme2.5 or can i just go ahead and do the xupgrade in the pc now.

mikey
01-23-2004, 01:44 PM
yep boot once in the tivo.

i have a single drive dsr6000 with xtreme 2.5 applied, and wish to add a larger hd in the single drive configuration. i have installed xtreme 2.5 on the new drive and want to use xupgrade to install 252 in the pc.
Do i have to boot the new drive once in the tivo after applying xteme2.5 or can i just go ahead and do the xupgrade in the pc now.

trader55
01-24-2004, 01:49 PM
I had gone the to Tivostuff website and the backup images are no longer there . Nor could i find where to down the correct exterme 2.5 image for my unit . Could someone please point me in a better direction

2bmccoy
01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
I've been looking for the same thing for my Sony Sat-T60. Anyone that knows where you can still dowload them please help. Thanks.

gbertler
02-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Anyone out there have this image, please e-mail me. gbertler@aol.com

melw25
02-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Anyone out there have this image, please e-mail me. gbertler@aol.com

I found my clean image the way you are serching, but a guy in the forum at http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/ helped me get mine... I got my T-60 image from snoopy in this forum.

bbsux
02-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Superzap, Are you planning a 3.0b (or if they upgrade beyond to 3.0c?) upgrade for series 1 dtivo's? Just wondering...

Thanks...

lanceheld
02-21-2004, 07:29 PM
I am looking for the 2.5.2 xtreme upgrade iso and have yet to find it. Doesn't seem to be on tivostuff.com or any of the other sites that have been mentioned in this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lanceheld
02-21-2004, 08:52 PM
I am looking for the 2.5.2 xtreme upgrade iso and have yet to find it. Doesn't seem to be on tivostuff.com or any of the other sites that have been mentioned in this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...I found it. For others that are looking for it, go here:
ftp://tivo:later@ftp.twinbrothers.com/

jrmandy
02-28-2004, 04:12 PM
im a bit of a noob at this... :D just looking to see what i need..i would like tivoweb (so i can access it from anywhere) i would like to extract video to archive to anypc will work for me, i would like callerid. im familiar with hinsdales upgrade. done it a few times. i have a lifetime account with tivo and my local channels and east,west coast locals dont use ppv's and dont have any other pay channels HBO and such. can some one recommend what i need and should use. i know i need tivo net card. dont mind wiring it in. but the software part is confuseing. also making daily phone calls is NOT a problem. can some point me to what im looking for.
i have dsr6kr with 80gb maxtor. and a 120gb waiting for 2.5xtreme and whatever else is recommended here

thanx John

nakedeye
03-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Ive been on 2.5xtreme with keraven updates for years now. at one point i was using the noppv. now i do not like it at all. if i try to record a ppv in advance, it willnot allow me to purchase the event, only record it. then i have to catch the tivo and manualy purchase the event when its on. very annoying. any ways around this (basicly setting it back to normal?)

i tried to turn off noppv in xp but that diddnt help

nakedeye
03-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Ive been on 2.5xtreme with keraven updates for years now. at one point i was using the noppv. now i do not like it at all. if i try to record a ppv in advance, it willnot allow me to purchase the event, only record it. then i have to catch the tivo and manualy purchase the event when its on. very annoying. any ways around this (basicly setting it back to normal?)

any ideas?

Meathead
03-03-2004, 12:45 AM

Is it running from the rc.sysinit or xplusz and is it running from cron?

nakedeye
03-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Is it running from the rc.sysinit or xplusz and is it running from cron?
well it used to run with the rc sysinit. that should have been re written with 3.1 correct? i never turned it on with xp. i tried to make shure it was set to off with xp

nakedeye
03-04-2004, 06:26 PM
bump up...

dturturro
03-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Just swapped to the new P4/D1 cards and I was wondering, should I upgrade the s/w on my DSR6000s from 2.52 to 3.1? Are there any big advantages to this? If so, would I lose my recordings?

Odie*#*
03-21-2004, 12:27 PM
For more info on using xPlusz ===> http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=79110#post79110

If you have previously used any of the locals scripts like mvchannels or the xPlusz #60 command, you should first, before using this upgrade, do a mvchannels reset or xPlusz command #61. Read the current thread for more info and this ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21100

Thanks to Dennis (dsboyce8624) for a new download site, we are releasing an upgrade for v25xtreme.
xtreme upgrade - V3.1.0 or V2.5.2 upgrade with xPlusz
by superzap, AlphaWolf and the dealdatabase.com regulars

This will upgrade your v2.5 DTiVo to v2.5.2 or
upgrade your v2.5 or v2.5.2 DTiVo to v3.1.0
works on all series 1 DirecTiVos, Sony, Phillips, Hughes

Before doing this upgrade you must understand the advantages and disadvantages. v3.1.0 is new and not all hacks are working, P4 required. v2.5.2 is a little more stable than v2.5 Any special hacks will be lost and need to be re-installed. Most of the popular hacks are included. Recorded programs, season passes and most other settings will be retained. For more info read the forumsfiles distributed: xupgrade.zip (contains xupgrade.iso and README)packages included: xPlusz v3.10 tivo command set (ls, joe, find, tivoftpd, etc.) noscramble, turbonet support tivoweb v1.9.4 final (includes whatson v1.11 and MfsStream)README attached.

READ THIS BEFORE UPGRADING TO v3.1.0: There is a bug in the tivo os v3.1.0 that shows up in the EventSwitcher. If you want to run any TCL scripts like noppv, mvchannels, tivotitle, etc., on a schedule, the v3.1.0 EventSwitcher will die in a couple of days and the TCL scripts won't run until you reboot.

Since xPlusz is written in TCL it will be affected and will quit working when this problem occurs. A reboot is the only known remedy and rebooting on a schedule should prevent this. The next release of xPlusz will include an option to automatically do reboots on a schedule.

v2.5 and v2.5.2 does not have this problem. I doubt that tivo has any plans to fix this and unfortunately v3.1.0 is probably the last upgrade that there will be for series 1 dtivos.
http://www.pitoudistro.com/pd/xtreme.html

http://www.tivostuff.com/Both links are dead. Can this be found elsewhere?
Thanks,
Odie

sirnser
03-24-2004, 07:57 AM
I am trying to upgrade to 2.5.2 and transfered the two files V252.TAR and UPGRD252.TCL to my T60. The files are the wrong case, I believe they should look like v252.tar and upgrd252.tcl can anyone help me with this.

Thank you

fixn278
03-24-2004, 09:24 AM
I am trying to upgrade to 2.5.2 and transfered the two files V252.TAR and UPGRD252.TCL to my T60. The files are the wrong case, I believe they should look like v252.tar and upgrd252.tcl can anyone help me with this.

Thank you

mv V252.TAR v252.tar

etc...

sirnser
03-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Thank you fixn278, I got one of my systems upgraded to 2.5.2!

Although I have another T60 which is at 2.5 that I would like to upgrade. The only problem is that it keeps rebooting itself. It will not allow me enough time between reboots to zmodem the upgrd252.tcl file. How can I stop the reboots and get the file downloaded and update the system to 2.5.2. I would like to preserve my movie database if possible.

neonleon
04-04-2004, 05:39 PM
I have xtreme31 w/xplusz installed. I would like to go back to a stock system. How would I go about this ? Would editing the rc.sysinit to allow updating allow the unit to phone home and update the software back to original ? I would install one of my backups but would like to retain my recordings.

Thanks for any help
neonleon

04-12-2004, 05:10 PM
I have xtreme31 w/xplusz installed. I would like to go back to a stock system. How would I go about this ? Would editing the rc.sysinit to allow updating allow the unit to phone home and update the software back to original ? I would install one of my backups but would like to retain my recordings.

Thanks for any help
neonleon

Turn off nophone (and possibly edit rc.sysinit) should allow your tivo to make a "real" phone call and D/L the b version of the 3.1 BUT unless you re-hack you won't be able to run any no-scramble modules/hacks and you'll only be able to play back scrambled recordings.

cigarman
04-21-2004, 07:21 PM

Thanks for any help
neonleon

Do you have the xtreme31 image for Sony T60. I have the xtreme25 image and I want to upgrade.

Thanks, cigarman

daveinfla
04-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey can anyone answer a couple of quick questions, I'm about to loose the rest of my hair searching the forum!!!! Most of the threads are old, very old and it's frustrating spending hours going thru old threads not knowing what is current and what is old.

Sorry to dump on you guys, but I hate re-inventing the wheel, ya know!

OK I'm NOW legit with a P5 card on my DSR6000 and I'm running xtreme 2.5.2 w/xplus. What options do I need to disable in order for it to work correctly now that I am subing, i.e. receive the updates. Or will updates blow my hacks away?

If upgrading myself is the answer, is 3.1 that latest for a DSR6000?

Can I use Superzaps xtreme upgrade to go from 2.5.3 to 3.1? Is there still an issue with the timer dying? What's the fix?

Can I copy the upgrade to my Tivo and execute it?

Do I still need fixsub? If not, how do I can it? If so, why?

Do I need nosdd, noppv, nophone, and addlocs? If so, why?

P.S. I also have a new DSR704 that I'll be using the Sleeper ISO on, I assume it has similar options. Which hacks should I be using on it?

Thanks!

daveinfla
04-25-2004, 07:55 PM
See above post

mikey
04-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Or will updates blow my hacks away?
yes.

If upgrading myself is the answer, is 3.1 that latest for a DSR6000?
no 3.1.0b.

Can I use Superzaps xtreme upgrade to go from 2.5.3 to 3.1? Is there still an issue with the timer dying? What's the fix?yes. yes, but 3.1.0b is the latest. search for "smart reboot script" I believe it's by RC3105 to fix the timer issue.

Do I still need fixsub?

Only if you don't want it to call in. if you use it you will need to order PPV over the phone or internet, I believe, mine dials in.

If not, how do I can it? If so, why?

?

Do I need nosdd, noppv, nophone, and addlocs? If so, why?

Not if your running the latest software version and not concerned about tivo or DTV knowing your viewing habbits.

I recommend restoring from a backup, let it dial in and update to latest version, then hack away! If no backup is available search for, I believe, update=false or if you get no results =false. It may have to dial in a few times to take the update.

have fun,
Mikey

daveinfla
04-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the reply, just one clarification...

When using a LAN connection which call (DTV/TIVO or both?) can be routed via the internet vs. dialup. My concern isn't so much the call, it's using a phone line. I don't want to have to run one to my DTIVO.

Any ideas how long it takes for updates to come down? I've been waiting a week on my DSR704 and nothing! I want to hack it before I bring my DSR6000 down.

Thanks,

Dave

mikey
04-27-2004, 10:37 AM
It's my understanding the ethernet is for tivo only. You could just string the cord across the room when it won't let you order a ppv, but then you won't have caller ID displayed on the television. I can't imagine having get out of the recliner to look at the caller ID any more.

mikey