PDA

View Full Version : xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

mlceks
05-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I am fairly new, here is the deal
I have a tivo that has xtreme25 on it and I want to get locals so I read I have to upgrade to 31
I have the upgrade.zip and I burned the iso and hooked my computer to boot up, I get to the welcome to the tivo boootdisk on cd screen and there is the tbd login

I hit enter and get a messags that says mount: block device /dev/hdd is write protected, mounting read-only
/#

now what? how do I upgrade.

Thanks for the help I am still a tivo newbie

DaytonaDave
05-06-2004, 11:58 AM
You do not need 3.1 for locals. I run 2.5.2, and locals work fine for me.

I was at 3.1 for a long time, and it has a few problems that made me go back, the biggest of which was the EventSwitcher dying once every couple of days (requiring a reboot to fix)...

I would try to do the 2.5.2 update instead. Assuming you have the xupgrade iso, check out the readme file. It has instructions on installing 2.5.2 (or 3.1 if you choose).

Good Luck

keither
05-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Edit: Not a problem.

mjong
05-15-2004, 06:33 PM
i have a sony t60 that im trying to upgrade to either 2.52 or 3.1 so i can get locals. i have tried upgrading to KRavEN-v31-Upgrade and xupgrade. However, when i boot off of the iso image and i get to where it says boot: the instructions say to type /Upgrd310/Upgrd310.sh When i type this in comes up as "Invalid or Corrupt Kernel Image" Can anyone give me any help? I've tried downloading from a couple different sites and have gotten the same result. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mjong1978@yahoo.com

kpt369
05-17-2004, 10:07 PM
mjong did you type the whole path or just upgrd310.sh? Try typing it as stated without the path included at the boot prompt. When you first get the boot prompt hit enter and then type upgrd310.sh You need to have a version of either 2.5 or 2.52 on the drive to use the upgrade but works well and will get locals after installed properly. You may have to clear and delete info after upgrade to get locals though or call DTV to resend the locals. Good luck

gregjsmith
06-07-2004, 01:43 PM
This weekend I was forced to install 3.1 on my SAT-T60 since they finally added local channels in my city. The thing is up and running now. With 2.5 I did not subscribe to the DVR thing. With 3.1 I went ahead and subscribed to it, but I'm still getting the message that I don't have a DVR subscription. I don't know if this is related to the 3.1 or if I need to call DTV.

kpt369
06-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Greg the problem is with DTV not 3.1. I would giv eit a few days or call them to re activate it for you. Sometimes it takes a few days to go away.

06-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Go to the Directv website and make sure DVR service is active on your account. If not try to add it from the web or call. If it is you might wait a day or 2 then call.

The authorization is done via the satellite, it doesn't require a phone call.

DeTer
06-08-2004, 04:21 PM
I had a HD die on me so when I xtremed another I decided that I would go ahead with the xupgrade to 3.1 and not 2.52. Now I would like to go to 2.52 due to the problems with 3.1. My question is how do I get to 2.52 from 3.1. I have tried it with the xupgrade and selecting v252 but I get an error about wrong s/w.
I am also having problems getting both Static IP & XPlusz working at the same time. I get either or but not both. I now have my Static IP and when I try to execute an xPlusz command I get "terminating: two or more running"
I also see that my nophone isn't working.

Any thoughts on this would be appriciated.

Regards
DeTer

mikey
06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
xtreme to 2.5 and upgrade to 2.5.2
Mikey

jerrymc
06-21-2004, 05:57 PM
I have a SAT-T60 running v2.5.2 xtreme. I also modded the kernel with the LBA48 hack so I have 146 hours on my 160GB drive. I now want to upgrade to 3.1 and I realized that the current ISO image for the XUpgrade CD is not LBA48 aware. Does anyone have a version that will recognize the full 160GB or do I have to do this manually?

I have RedHat 6.2 and 8.0 installed on my PC, as well as the static binaries for mfstools2.0. I presume all I need to do is to copy the necessary files from the XUpgrade CD to my PC and I could run it from there. Or is the script setup to be CDROM specific? If this is possible, can someone help identify all the necessary files?

What's my best solution here? I want to avoid losing my recordings in the process or I'd just start clean with 2.5, xupgrade to 3.1 and then readd the LBA48 kernel afterwards. My wife won't take too kindly to losing her recordings. :eek:

-Jerry

DeTer
06-23-2004, 10:23 AM
I had a HD die on me so when I xtremed another I decided that I would go ahead with the xupgrade to 3.1 and not 2.52. Now I would like to go to 2.52 due to the problems with 3.1. My question is how do I get to 2.52 from 3.1. I have tried it with the xupgrade and selecting v252 but I get an error about wrong s/w.
I am also having problems getting both Static IP & XPlusz working at the same time. I get either or but not both. I now have my Static IP and when I try to execute an xPlusz command I get "terminating: two or more running"
I also see that my nophone isn't working.

Any thoughts on this would be appriciated.

Regards
DeTer

As I said above I am having problems getting both xPlusz & Static IP working at the same time. Right now I have my Static IP but when I run xPlusz commands I keep getting this error "terminating: 2 or more running " If someone can shed some light on this I would appriciate it. Also my no phone isn't running but noscramble is as well as TivoTitle and other xPlusz commands.

Thanks
DeTer

jerrymc
06-23-2004, 12:05 PM
As I said above I am having problems getting both xPlusz & Static IP working at the same time. Right now I have my Static IP but when I run xPlusz commands I keep getting this error "terminating: 2 or more running " If someone can shed some light on this I would appriciate it. Also my no phone isn't running but noscramble is as well as TivoTitle and other xPlusz commands.

Thanks
DeTer

Post your rc.net file and your rc.sysinit file. I have xPlusz running with static IP on two S1 DTivos with no problems. There may be duplicate commands in these files or a syntax error.

-Jerry

DeTer
06-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Post your rc.net file and your rc.sysinit file. I have xPlusz running with static IP on two S1 DTivos with no problems. There may be duplicate commands in these files or a syntax error.

-Jerry

Jerry
Here is the rc.net file you requested.
DeTer

#!/bin/bash
# Copyright (c) 2001-2002 TiVo Inc.
#

if [ "$DEBUG_BOARD" != true -o "$dhcp" == true ]; then
if detectDynamicNet; then
# mkdir -p /var/state/dhcp
# /sbin/dhclient -q "$DYNAMIC_NET_DEV" 2>/dev/null &
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.150 up
fi
fi

/etc/rc.d/rc.remote-login &

1dave1
06-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Well aint this a riot, I havent been on the forum in many months, and it seems that no files exist and nothing can be spoken of anymore. As for my problem I have a 6000 with 2.5 on it. I searched for days trying to find the 2.5.2 upgrade. No where can it be found! All links are dead!

So like the dummy I am went ahead and uped to 3.1, well still no locals dtv has tried everything short of replacing the box.

They show up in the guide and I get the description info, But it just says "Channel not Available"

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? message me if you have to.

Thanks Dave

gregjsmith
06-26-2004, 01:20 AM
1dave1, I had the same problem. There is a suggestion earlier in the thread (the size of this thing has become a little unruly hasn't it?) to do a reset on the guide data and it erases your recordings. Once I did that the Locals came in loud and clear.

On a unrelated note. I noticed my DTivo crashes about once a week. Whatever is on the screen will continue to play but it won't respond to the remote or button on the unit.

jerrymc
06-26-2004, 03:49 AM
Jerry
Here is the rc.net file you requested.
DeTer

#!/bin/bash
#

if [ "$DEBUG_BOARD" != true -o "$dhcp" == true ]; then
if detectDynamicNet; then
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.150 up
fi
fi

Okay, one difference I noted immediately is that the netmask is missing from your ifconfig statement. Also, you need to use net0 in v2.5.2 and eth0 in v3.1. You may have the wrong rc.net for your rc.sysinit. Check your versions caarefully to see which ones should go together. Which version are you getting these files from? Here is my v2.5.2 rc.net (turbonet):

#!/bin/bash
#

# THE FOLLOWING LINES ARE FOR DHCP
#if [ "$DEBUG_BOARD" != true -o "$dhcp" == true ]; then
# if detectDynamicNet; then
# fi
#fi

# THE FOLLOWING LINES SET UP STATIC IP
detectDynamicNet
ifconfig net0 192.xxx.xxx.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

On my v3.1.0 DTivo with cachecard, my rc.net looks like this:

#
#!/bin/sh
#

if /sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/turbonet2.o macaddr=00:0B:AD:69:C6:67 debuglevel
=3 ; then
export DYNAMIC_NET_DEV=eth0
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.xxx.xxx.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/route add default gw 192.xxx.xxx.14
fi

# Start xPlusz

As for your rc.sysinit, yours matches my v3.1 version except for the last line. I changed mine when I found a comment somewhere about the default exec statement leaving a shell opened. That may be the real source of the problem. But I'm only guessing at this point. I know my setup works perfectly. Here's the last few lines of my rc.sysinit:

[ ! -f /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author ] || /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author

# CALL_ALL_NIGHT
if [ -f /tvlib/tcl/tv/allnight.tcl ]; then
echo "Firing off call test"
/tvbin/tivosh /tvlib/tcl/tv/allnight.tcl
fi
# END CALL_ALL_NIGHT

echo "rc.sysinit is complete"

# keep this at the very end
# exec < /dev/ttyS3 >& /dev/ttyS3; bash --login

/bin/bash --login < /dev/ttyS3 >& /dev/ttyS3 &

Oh, and you can't use the Xupgrade CD to revert a v3.1 install to a v2.5 or v2.5.2 install. You have to start over by restoring the v2.5 image and then Xupgrade to v2.5.2.

Regards,
Jerry

DeTer
06-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Okay, one difference I noted immediately is that the netmask is missing from your ifconfig statement. Also, you need to use net0 in v2.5.2 and eth0 in v3.1. You may have the wrong rc.net for your rc.sysinit. Check your versions caarefully to see which ones should go together. Which version are you getting these files from? Here is my v2.5.2 rc.net (turbonet):

#!/bin/bash
#

# THE FOLLOWING LINES ARE FOR DHCP
#if [ "$DEBUG_BOARD" != true -o "$dhcp" == true ]; then
# if detectDynamicNet; then
# fi
#fi

# THE FOLLOWING LINES SET UP STATIC IP
detectDynamicNet
ifconfig net0 192.xxx.xxx.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

On my v3.1.0 DTivo with cachecard, my rc.net looks like this:

#
#!/bin/sh
#

if /sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/turbonet2.o macaddr=00:0B:AD:69:C6:67 debuglevel
=3 ; then
export DYNAMIC_NET_DEV=eth0
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.xxx.xxx.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
/sbin/route add default gw 192.xxx.xxx.14
fi

# Start xPlusz

As for your rc.sysinit, yours matches my v3.1 version except for the last line. I changed mine when I found a comment somewhere about the default exec statement leaving a shell opened. That may be the real source of the problem. But I'm only guessing at this point. I know my setup works perfectly. Here's the last few lines of my rc.sysinit:

[ ! -f /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author ] || /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author

# CALL_ALL_NIGHT
if [ -f /tvlib/tcl/tv/allnight.tcl ]; then
echo "Firing off call test"
/tvbin/tivosh /tvlib/tcl/tv/allnight.tcl
fi
# END CALL_ALL_NIGHT

echo "rc.sysinit is complete"

# keep this at the very end
# exec < /dev/ttyS3 >& /dev/ttyS3; bash --login

/bin/bash --login < /dev/ttyS3 >& /dev/ttyS3 &

Oh, and you can't use the Xupgrade CD to revert a v3.1 install to a v2.5 or v2.5.2 install. You have to start over by restoring the v2.5 image and then Xupgrade to v2.5.2.

Regards,
Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for the reply.....I have re xtremed and am now back to 2.5.1 and all is well. Thanks for the help.
Deter

1dave1
06-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Well it seems that when I run the RESET GUIDE DATA it always hangs at 28%, I have left it for hours. The only way to get out is to reboot via link or pull the plug. At that time it will hang at 28% again, after 3 or 4 power downs the unit will go on thru the boot up process and work.

I am thinking about just wiping everything and go back to version 2.5 After that doing the upgrade to 2.5.2 Heck it has been fine for 3 years at 2.5 with no problems. No that the locals are avalible, it wouldnt get them.

I hate to wipe everything because I have some shows that I really want to keep from 3 years ago, Is there any way to back them up and put them on the new install?? (Its the same machine)
ANY ONE have any suggestions? Please respond

mikey
06-26-2004, 07:53 PM
28% unplug the sat imputs 1 screen before and choose correct later.

ald shows mfs-ftp

mikey

bmm64
08-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Have couple of gxcebot tivos; never used xtreme upgrades though, just mfsftp, tivowebplus and couple other utilities.

Machines now at 3.1.0c2, will the 3.1.0 xtreme upgrade work for the c2 release?

-------------
Edit: I learned enough about xtreme to know the above was a stupid question, never mind!

UnionYes
09-28-2004, 04:19 AM
superzap;

do you intend on upgrading your xplusz to the later versions of the 3.1 software?

if so, i was wondering if and when we can expect this

thanks for all the hard work

UnionYes

declan
01-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I have decided to put my old series1 back into use. I need an image of a virgin os and also a link to someplace where I can get xtreme. I can not find it anymore and all the posts in this forum that refer to it are from 2003. Is Xtreme dead? has something replaced it?

Thanks

Declan

ylafont
01-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Does any one know where i can ge the file from?

fixn278
01-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Does any one know where i can ge the file from?

http://www.pvrfiles.com

ylafont
01-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Thank you, Could not find this for anything.

ace351
01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
i have a sa tivo that i want to give the same functions as my dtivo(no daily call etc) will my old 2.5.2 extreme cd work on the SA the same or do i need something diffrent?

mikey
01-29-2005, 04:16 PM
i have a sa tivo that i want to give the same functions as my dtivo(no daily call etc) will my old 2.5.2 extreme cd work on the SA the same or do i need something diffrent?
nope it must call home to get guide data.
Mikey

ace351
01-29-2005, 04:25 PM
for the application that i have for it, guide data will not be required
as long as i can get it to record on command.

so will it work ?

GhostRider
02-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Links to get the 25 Xtreme upgrade does not take you to a site ?? Has the links changed ??

Thanks for any help !!

captain_video
02-26-2005, 09:44 AM
2.5Xtreme is no longer hosted on any website. Your best bet is to try P-P networks like emule or bittorrent. You could also post a request in the image begging thread.

311Sam
03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
quick question

i got a used hdr 312 tivo and i have no land line. when i turn it on it tries to go through the guided setup but of course it wont complete since i have no phone. more info here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=2670961#post2670961

i just want to use the tivo as a digital vcr. i dont care about the guide or anything. so what will happen if i install 3.1.0 onto it? will i be able to get around that set up call totaly? or will i have to use serial ppp. or will i break a bunch of stuff... :confused:

rbautch
04-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I started with a new drive, installed 25xtreme and then the 2.5.2 upgrade. Locals came up fine, xPlusz commands were successful, I activated NOPHONE with #21,1, and rebooted. The sys info screen says my account is in good standing buy my tivo service is inactive, and when I try to record, it says I haven't made a call for 30 days and I have to make a call before I can record. I have a subbed P4 card and my service has been fine for months running unhacked v3.1. I tried a clear and delete everything, but it still asked for a call to set up DVR functions. I even tried uninstalling xPlusz and making a call with PPP over serial (I have no phone), but it didn't work, even though it works with unhacked v3.1. I tried reinstalling 25xtreme and 2.5.2 still with no luck. Any ideas?

superleo
04-16-2005, 10:22 AM
this what I do:

Just like you did I try to start with a new install 25Xtreame and then upgrade 252upgrade, I like 252 better since all my hacks work with no fuss. Then I let it compleately index, which will take 1 hr or so, then I initiate my hacks, NOPHONE, TELNET, FTP, TIVOWEB, NOSCRAMBLE, etc... then I restart the tivo and all should be well. Hope this help.

rbautch
04-16-2005, 03:15 PM
this what I do:

Just like you did I try to start with a new install 25Xtreame and then upgrade 252upgrade, I like 252 better since all my hacks work with no fuss. Then I let it compleately index, which will take 1 hr or so, then I initiate my hacks, NOPHONE, TELNET, FTP, TIVOWEB, NOSCRAMBLE, etc... then I restart the tivo and all should be well. Hope this help.
I tried it with the 3.1 upgrade instead of 2.5.2, and it worked the first time. Not sure if my original problem was related to 2.5.2, or not waiting an hour for indexing before starting the hacks. I may try 2.5.2 again to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks.

kicbac
07-19-2005, 11:16 AM
2.5Xtreme is no longer hosted on any website. Your best bet is to try P-P networks like emule or bittorrent. You could also post a request in the image begging thread.

I xtremed my Tivo years ago and it recently died :( . I have my original virgin image (Hughes GXCEBOT 2.0), but can't find my 2.5Xtreme disc. My memory is going in my old age, but IIRC I:

1)backed up my original Tivo drive
2) Installed 2.5Xtreme ( this is wher I forget: somehow it was associated a Philips DR6000 image which worked on my Hughes GBot) which placed it @ v2.5
3) ran 2.5.2 Xtreme upgrade and installed my hacks.
4) watched TV for 4 years :)

So my question is, if I buy a new larger drive & restore my virgin image to it, how can I get to v2.5.2 in order to use the hacks? Reading superzap's Readme for 2.5.2/3.1 states that the software must be at 2.5 in order to upgrade. So must I somehow get it to 2.5 before going to 2.5.2?

Thx

mikey
07-20-2005, 09:10 AM
emule for xupgrade or upgrade and hack manually.
Mikey

RUTGERS_FAN
07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
I have 2 DSR6000's with 2.5.2, xplusz on both are not responding to remote comands. I hadn't really messed with xplusz in a few months, now this. I get the succeeded message when I put in #0#10. or anything else for that matter, but nothing happens. Before I re-install xplusz, is there anything I can check out? It's funny this happened on BOTH my tivo's today. This is really the first problem I've had in ages with either unit. Thanks alot for any help.
Mike

Brillo
08-01-2005, 07:33 AM
help please, i can not get to a link for the 3.1.0 or better software. Can someone help me please.

taz
08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Brillo,

did you ever find the upgrade?

tvtyme
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Brillo,

did you ever find the upgrade?

Here 'Tis (ftp:/tivo:later@ftp.twinbrothers.com)

Download xupgrade.zip

P.S. since we can't post URLs, copy/paste the link location from above, but
1. omit the beginning "http://"
2. Change the "/" after 'ftp' to a ":"

I can't remember how to make ftp links. :confused:

L8r

Lou2ser
08-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Wow, you walk away for 3 years and so much has changed.

I was into Tivo hacking and got a DSR6000 and a SA up and running back in the day. Then my ADD kicked in and I lost interest in the hobby. Fast forward 3 years and my girlfriend is wondering why I have a perfectly good tivo in the closet that I never use. So I sub to DTV and now I need to get the DSR6000 up and running again.

For details on the condition of my Tivo, please read my walkthrough from 2002 here: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45437&postcount=22

The tivo is in the same condition now as it was then. I've read through a goo portion of the threads and have come to the following conclusions. Can someone please verify that I am barking up the right tree?

My hardware is as follows:
DSR6000 with stock HDD
Turbonet
Tivo has been 2.5 xtremed with all the hacks available in mid 2002.
Homemade serial cable

I have the following files. Do I need anything else before I begin? Anything I don't need?
6.2.dtivo.minimal.AlphaWolf_HK.zip
31-TiVolater-v2
KRavENs_25_Upgrade
tivo-instantcake-dsr6000-310c2.iso
tivoscripts1_02.zip
xupgrade.zip
KRavEN-v31-Upgrade.iso

I want to get the tivo up and running so I do not need to call. I wouldn't mind using Tivoweb and would like the option to pull files off the Tivo. I don't need callerid, but am interested in anything else new and interesting people have come up with.

My battle plan for now is to use instantcake to build a default 3.1c tivo, then apply xupgrade to enable the hacks. Sounds almost too easy, thats why I'm asking here.

Do I need to do anything to lock down my Tivo? I seem to recall people having to solder a PROM to disable updates. Is this still a requirement?

Am I forgetting anything else?

Thanks to everyone on the board, its good to know the hobby is still alive and kicking even when I had forgotten all about it.

Lou2ser
08-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Here 'Tis (ftp:/tivo:later@ftp.twinbrothers.com)

Download xupgrade.zip

P.S. since we can't post URLs, copy/paste the link location from above, but
1. omit the beginning "http://"
2. Change the "/" after 'ftp' to a ":"

I can't remember how to make ftp links. :confused:

L8r

Heres how to make FTP links: ftp://tivo:later@ftp.twinbrothers.com

Hanzo97
08-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Lou2ser,

The only thing you need is xupgrade.iso The rest of the stuff you downloaded is for Series2.

With xupgrade.iso, you can upgrade to either 2.5.2 or 3.1.0 .. Thats all you need to get your locals.

If you open up this xupgrade.zip.. I believe that there is a word doc in there that explains all the hacks and how to use them, i.e. NOPHONE, TELNET, TIVOWEB, NOSCRAMBLE, and it has a nice batch feature so you can line up all your recordings to play continous so you can record it to an 6 hour VHS tape, or you can just extract it and burn it to a DVD.

Lou2ser
08-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Lou2ser,

The only thing you need is xupgrade.iso The rest of the stuff you downloaded is for Series2.

With xupgrade.iso, you can upgrade to either 2.5.2 or 3.1.0 .. Thats all you need to get your locals.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the readme in xupgrade.zip and see that it recommends 2.5.2 because it is more mature. Is this still correct? Can you please let me know the why I would choose 2.5.2 over 3.1 or 3.1 or 2.5.2?

From my reading I see they both allow locals so I really don't see the difference.

Does 3.1 allow the hacks?
If I choose 2.52 do I need to do anything to lock the tivo down so I don't download 3.1?

Thanks again.

Hanzo97
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
I have both 2.5.2 and 3.1.0 running on my machines. Both work excellent.
Some say that 3.1.0 is more stable than 2.5.2, but I haven't noticed between the 2 of them. So you use what you like.

As for the updates, I don't think direct is even sending out updates for Series1 dtivos. So not to worry, and with all the hacks that xplus does for you, it's probably going to false the upgrade anyways. ** Just read the whole thing from front to back and again ** xpluz is has the hacks for both 2.5.2 & 3.1.0, once again, if you would read the document thats in xpluz, you'll see...

gridlock
09-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Will this work on a S1 Thomson UK Tivo? Currently running 2.5.2 - will this upgrade me to V3.1, or am I misreading it?

Cheers
G

mikey
09-25-2005, 11:23 AM
no. It won't work on a stand alone.

HomerSimpson
10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
If my huges GXCEBOT already has 3.1.0 on it, can i use the upgrade to put the hacks on it, since I can not find 25 extreme, or the correct iso file?

captain_video
10-31-2005, 04:38 PM
No, the upgrade only works with an Xtremed DTivo. You could flash the PROM and install the killinitrd hack using the Turbonet installation CD. From there you can add whatever hacks you want, including Superzap's xPlusz.

HomerSimpson
10-31-2005, 05:12 PM
I didn't think so, but it was worth asking... Thank you.

mythic69
11-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I rarely ask questions because I do more reading and search but I am unable to find any info on my question.

I have 2.5 extreme with 2 x 80gb harddrives. I am going to attempt to upgrade to 2.5.2 for my locals on my sub p5. Do I have to put both drives into the pc to upgrade or do I just do the 2.5.2 upgrade on the tivo main drive? Also, do I have to anything special to my 2nd 80 gb slave drive in my tivo?

My 2.5 extreme has been so stable that the only reason why I am doing this upgrade is to get my locals.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

mythic69
11-11-2005, 03:51 PM
I found my answers in the "How To Sticky" thread under series one tivo section.

The answer is according to the how to as follows:

13. Install the DTivo A drive in your PC (the B drive is not needed to perform the upgrade) per step 7. Make sure any jumper settings that need to be changed have been configured per step 7a.

14. Power up the PC and let it boot the same as with the 2.5Xtreme CD, pressing Enter at each of the two prompts. Then, type in "upgrd252.sh" without the quotes and press Enter. Answer any prompts about the drive's location following the conventions listed in step 7b. When the upgrade has completed (usually in less than one minute), press Ctrl+Alt+Del as before and shut down the PC when the POST screen appears.

15. Return the A drive to the DTivo, making sure the jumpers are reconfigured, as necessary. Reconnect all the cables to the DTivo, including the satellite inputs.

16. Power up the DTivo and let it rebuild the database and acquire the data from the satellite.

Awesome. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

Thanks again for an awesome site and for all the helpful information.

Andy

seeitagainondvd
12-02-2005, 01:40 PM
The links to the extreme upgrade v3.1.0 don't work. Is there any place I can download this?

tvtyme
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
The links to the extreme upgrade v3.1.0 don't work. Is there any place I can download this?

Sure. Double-U Double-U Double-U Dot Pvrfiles Dot Com. Look for Kraven's upgrade

Peace

dturturro
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm currently running 2.52 on a DSR6000 but I lost my logos. Would upgrading to 3.1 fix this? If so, what bugs does 3.1 have that 2.52 does not? I'm not sure if upgrading would be worth it. Is there a way to restore the logos on 2.52?

mikey
11-17-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm currently running 2.52 on a DSR6000 but I lost my logos. Would upgrading to 3.1 fix this? If so, what bugs does 3.1 have that 2.52 does not? I'm not sure if upgrading would be worth it. Is there a way to restore the logos on 2.52?

I believe tivoweb121 has the logos included. you could try 3.5 it is a bit faster.

OKCRandy
10-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Why do I get this error when trying to run the upgrade to v252:

ERROR: GZ/utils extract failed: cpio: v252.tar: No such file or directory

I have a T60 with 25Xtreme and the Kraven upgrade. I have remounted my drive rw and I have transferred the two rquired files over. I have also done a chmod +x on upgrd252.tcl.

What is wrong here? I'm stumped... :(

Thanks for the help.

I go the same error when I ftp'd the files over the name of the archive was V252.TAR. I did mv V252.TAR v252.tar and all went well. Thanks everyone.

A.C.
10-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I had to start using my 5 year old virgin SAT-T60 drive last week. It had version 2.5 of the code and the only way to get it to a somewhat updated version was to use Xtreme. With Xtreme installed, will the Tivo do a normal update to get to the lastest version of code or do I have to do anything special.

Thanks.

HolyRoses
10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I have 3 dead t60's. Here is what i did to them:

Load xtreme 2.5

put in tivo
pull access card
pull coax cables
plug in tivo

delete old recordings
modified dish settings to my dish (this will take a while to fail so you can continue)
adjusted audio output to medium (blip noise)

unplug tivo
load xtreme 3.1.0 upgrade on drive
put back in tivo
turn on tivo
plug in coax cables
wait for guide to show
insert access card

Wait over night, locals showed up in morning. Don't know about it auto updating to 3.5c though. Will have to wait and see what it does.

Next post I wrote describes how to get it to upgrade to 3.5c.

-HR

HolyRoses
10-25-2007, 03:26 PM
To make it upgrade to 3.5c-01-1-011 you need to make a Tivo serial cable and connect to the tivo at 115200 8-N-1. Then you need to modify /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit. There are 2 areas that are commented that prevent newer OS's from being loaded on the system. The 2 areas you need to fix to be not commented are below:

# Check for software upgrade
if [ "$swupgrade" = true ]; then
/tvlib/tcl/updateSoftware.tcl
fi

if [ "$upgradesoftware" = false ]; then
echo "Not upgrading software"
else
# TODO... Find another way to do this...
tivosh /etc/rc.d/finishInstall.tcl
export -n EMERGENCY_REINSTALL
fi

Now providing you have 3.5 downloaded (it downloads via satellite), if you make a daily call it will say pending restart. Restart and it will load 3.5c.

You can check and see if you have 3.5c loaded in mfs by running the following from the bash prompt:
echo mls /SwSystem | tivosh

I still haven't figured out how to remove the Xtreme 3.1 bootsplash however. I see now that alphawolf has posts in here that do describe how to do it. The splash in question is stored in mfs.

You can also use the slicer program to update it manually. Using slicer will let you preserve the hacks on the disk from what I read.

-HR

rickl43065
02-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I recently upgraded my Philips Series 1 TiVo with a Networking Card, It works well to make the daily call via my internet connection. (I know there are users laughing, but Hey it WORKS and I have a life-time subscription to TIVO programming data.) Additionally, A few years ago I upgraded my harddrive.as my original harddrive decided to stop spinning. (They dont work well when they stop spinning!)

Now that I have installed my networking card, like everyone else I WANT MORE..

Actually, I would really like to us TiVo Desktop, or similar software to be able to watch Tivo recordings on my PC, and create DVD's etc. (It would also be REALLY cool) to use Tivo to directly record Vongo Movies (but not necessary.)

I have found some very OLD hacks cirrica 2001 to enable some of these features, and plenty of software to update/enhance this software. My question is any suggestions for a "clean" install to enable TiVo Desktop (or similiar?) There is a very good article that details how to update the drive by mounting the Tivo drive on PC. I have also found a few threads on using the serial port and hyperterminal on my PC, (but nothing that I have yet found appears too promising or recent, I am concerned about using 7 year old hacks..

My TiVo software version is 3.0-01-1-000, backdoors is enabled, Debug Old SS: 5, Debug: SS err 0x1F0008 is showing on the System information screen. (all appears to be working normally) Recording capacity is 53 hrs (best), 193 hrs (basic)

Any all help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Rorschach
02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
This should be plenty to start with:

http://tivo.stevejenkins.com/

ace351
02-23-2008, 04:22 AM
after several hrs of looking i found the answer to a problem of comand not found when trying to 25xtreme a hard drive. if you have 2 cd-roms, disconnect one of them. suddenly the cd starts working like it should.