PDA

View Full Version : Auto start a DVD in Spruce UP?

RxMan
01-17-2003, 03:00 PM
I think Captain Video may have mentioned this before, but, I can't find the thread. Is it possible to have SpruceUp start the DVD at chapter 2 automatically? I can get it to start at Chapter 2 if I put in a button and manually hit play to start the movie. Is it possibe to have the DVD just start playing from that point automatically? I like to put a chapter point at the exact beginning of the movie thus cutting off the countdown to start and preview screen. THANKS!

I may be able to just cut that part off in the very near future. :)

old7
01-17-2003, 03:06 PM
You can have SpruceUp auto-start a movie(or show), but it starts at the beginning, not at a specified chapter. If I want a movie to auto-start I use TyTools and edit the first part off. It is clumsy and it might take a few tries to get the best starting point, but it works.

Most of the time I put up a menu and start at Chapter 2.

Old7

fixn278
01-17-2003, 04:07 PM
If you write to a title set rather than direct to DVD, you can use ifoedit to change how the DVD plays and burn later.

1) Open VIDEO_TS.IFO
2) Expand VMGM_MAT
3) Select First Play PCG
4) Select PGC Command Table
5) Change the first pre-command (right-click and then select edit - don't double-click) to JUMPVTS_PTT and select the title and chapter you want.

I don't know what other pre-commands may already be there that are needed, so you may have to add one instead of replacing.

I haven't tried it myself, I only use the JUMPTT (jumt to title command), but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

captain_video
01-17-2003, 10:59 PM
RxMan,

When you extract the tystream, set an initial jump point that corresponds with the time the movie begins. The easiest way to do this is to just extract about 500 chunks and see where the beginning of the movie is in relation to the number of chunks extracted. If the movie begins about halfway into the segment of 500 chunks, try using an initial jump point of about 250 chunks and see where you are in relation to the start of the movie. It's basically a hit and miss proposition and it may take a few tries to get it exact. Once you've done it a few time you start to get the hang of it and it can go pretty quickly from there on. Once you've found the exact number of chunks to jump past to begin the extraction at the start point of the movie, set it up and extract the entire stream.

If you're using SpruceUp to author, use the DVD Patcher fake out method as usual to import it. Once you've got it imported, instead of creating a menu with buttons, drag the video clip to the 1st small box just below the main window on the left side where the main menu normally appears. This tells your DVD player that this is the first item to look at when it scans the disc, resulting in an autoplay movie. When you hit the Simulate option, the movie should start right up without having to do anything else. If you trim the beginning as described, you can then import the m2v and m2a files into IFO Edit to get an autoplay movie.

fixn278
01-18-2003, 01:25 AM
RxMan,

If you try the ifoedit method I posted, let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks