PDA

View Full Version : Windows Front End to olaf's tydemux

Jellybean
01-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Hi,

Forgot to code the browse for destination directory.

Here it is now.

otakucode
01-21-2003, 04:31 PM
One thing I'd really like is if you could include support to mux the output with bbMPEG. If you need help on figuring out how to automate it (as far as I could tell its not documented anywhere, I did it by observing what DVD2SVCD was doing) just ask, I wrote a frontend for myself in C# for vsplit awhile back. I'd do a frontend for olaf's utility for myself too if it weren't for #1> there is no way in C# to connect to a running process, capture its stdout as it is being written (you must wait until it is totally written) so I can't display progress and #2> eventually tydemux will be released in a DLL form that I'll prolly make a nice utility for to go right from TY to Divx for those interested.

OtakuCODE
P.S. Automating for bbMPEG is not difficult, just not documented. I can even give you C# code if you want, it looks almost exactly like C++ code but way more readable.

Jellybean
01-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by otakucode
One thing I'd really like is if you could include support to mux the output with bbMPEG.
OtakuCODE
P.S. Automating for bbMPEG is not difficult, just not documented. I can even give you C# code if you want, it looks almost exactly like C++ code but way more readable.

This is the first step in my making a util that will take a batch of .ty files and making either a DVD filesystem or DVD iso.

So muxing of tydemux output is my next step. :>

I was going to use mplex from the mjpegtools, but adding in bbMPEG support will be easy todo also.

Where do I find bbMPEG?

Thx,
JB.

mpauley
01-21-2003, 05:41 PM
I made a frontend for vsplit when it was first release by jdiner that loaded the info into bbMPEG also (found here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13565) ). It was done all in VB. If you would like the info from it, I can post it for you.

--mp

Jellybean
01-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Everyone seems to want bbMPEG, so please, post it any info you guys have on it and I'll let you choose between mplex or bbMPEG for your muxing.

Thanks,
JB.

FredThompson
01-23-2003, 01:20 AM
bbMPEG really isn't that great. There are far better MPEG-2 encoders.

In any event, here's the URL which you could find with any decent web search:

http://members.cox.net/beyeler/bbmpeg

otakucode
01-23-2003, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I don't like bbMPEG for actually encoding video, but for muxing it does a great job. mjpeg is probably good as well but I've never used it and commandline-based utilities usually perform slower than native win32 apps (tho commandline utilities can BE native win32 apps they usually aren't). I don't even like to use bbMPEG really... at least not manually... but when automated its very nice ;)

OtakuCODE

Jellybean
01-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Hi,

People had said the API to use bbMPEG as a muxer from a 3rd app was undocumented. That was the info I was looking for.

If thats not the case, sorry.

Either way, thanks for the url.

Thanks,
MarkV.

otakucode
01-23-2003, 02:43 PM
There is no API and as I said, it is undocumented, so there is no URL ;) What you have to do is create an INI file and pass some stuff to bbMPEG to get it to work in an automated fashion... the way I did it was take a version of the INI file generated by DVD2SVCD and replace the input and output filenames and the muxing offset with some strings that I could do a search and replace on from this "template" to produce the real INI file I would feed to bbMPEG. It has to be called default.ini and put in the same directory as bbMPEG in order for bbMPEG to pick it up. I will attach to this post the template INI file I use. If you need more information, let me know.

OtakuCODE

BuckwheatTheCat
01-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Not to sound like a complete moron, but is there any documentation on how to use TyDemuxFe to spilt *.ty into *.m2v and *.mp2? Thanks

Jellybean
01-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Hi,

Sorry, I thought it was simple enough. :>

You can drag/drop a file into the list box under the text Files to split, or click the "add" button under that list box.

Make sure the directory in the destination directory is valid, click the browse button next to that directory.

The other thing is to make sure the path to tydemux is also vaild. Either put tydemux in the same directory as tydemuxFE. You can also put tydemuxFE into the same directory as tydemux. :> Or you can hit the browse button next to edit box next to where you see "tydemux" and browse to tydemux.exe on your system.

After you have done all this you can then hit the split button on the bottom of the dialog and watch the output in the grey text area on the right..

If you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Later,
JB

mpauley
01-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Here is the code for the front end that I did for jdiner's vsplit when it was orginally released. It used bbMPEG to multiplex the files to mpeg and vob files.

--Mickey

AlphaWolf
01-27-2003, 03:30 PM
by the time you guys finnish this, olafs internal muxer may be complete.