PDA

View Full Version : UTV Questions

Ruikee
01-22-2003, 11:07 AM
I just got my hands on a rca DWD490RE for a very good price on ebay. ANyhow i connected my antenna to input one and everything works very nice. But the next day i came home and the screen said searching for satellite signal. So i connected it to input 2 and it works again. Could tuner 1 be bad already? i contacted the seller and he told me to do a system reset (32678) which i did this morning. I seen all the lights flashing which i assume is normal for a reboot. However when it was done the green power light continued flashing for about 15 minutes. i couldnt turn it on via remote or front panel. i had to leave for work so i dont know if it is still flashing or not. Is this normal for it to take so long after a reboot? another indication i noticed is that i had recorded something the night before. So the blue my shows light was lit. after the reboot it is no longer lit. Could it be erasing what was recorded which would cause the green light to flash so long? just trying to get some insight before i return home this evening. If the tuner #1 is bad, is there any way to fix or replace it?

lord_oberon
01-22-2003, 06:14 PM
The same thing happened to mine a few months after i bought it, but i didn't try the reset. let me know how it wen't and if it deleted your programs or not and or if it picked up the 3.7 update.

Ruikee
01-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Yep did the reset and it hung up...unplugged it for about 10 minutes and it came back up....didnt erase anything and the first tuner is now working.....

lord_oberon
01-23-2003, 12:57 AM
I did it thanx for the info but my tuner1 is still dead, ganna have to see what i can do thanx for the help. :-)

Ruikee
01-23-2003, 08:56 AM
I would try the master reset. it is listed in the secret codes post here. but it will erase everything you have recorded i believe.....Good Luck..

lord_oberon
01-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Would it erase the whole drive (OS included) or just the recordeings, i live in canada and it's a pain to have it redownload the OS.