PDA

View Full Version : Is IFOEdit 0.96 beta still available?

BubbleLamp
01-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Can't seem to find any links to it. If it's dead, what are others using in its place?

TIA

RxMan
01-24-2003, 12:03 AM
http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/forum/download.php4

You have to donate $5 via Paypal to access the files. I just did it tonight and it took less than an hour and I had full access to all of the files.

I guess you don't have to pay if someone will just send you the file.

Wooly
01-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Not like I can say I never downloaded a movie or program from the 'net without paying for it, but...

1. It's ONLY $5
2. It's worth every penny
3. It's ONE guy, not a rich company, and he deserves to be rewarded for such a great job (as does Jdiner, and Olaf, and many others here).

I paid, and I encourage others to - it's such a small price to pay to a guy who actually gave something back to the community.

Originally posted by RxMan
http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/forum/download.php4

You have to donate $5 via Paypal to access the files. I just did it tonight and it took less than an hour and I had full access to all of the files.

I guess you don't have to pay if someone will just send you the file.

ronnythunder
02-24-2003, 01:31 PM
ok, so i broke down and paid the five bucks and am awaiting confirmation. however, i'm wondering; what does the 0.96 version get me that the 0.95 doesn't? i've used 0.95 and it seems ok.

ronny

2ride
02-24-2003, 01:41 PM
you can add multiple shows to 96

ronnythunder
02-24-2003, 01:53 PM
i see. definitely need 0.96 then, so i can put multiple eps of my gal rachael ray on a dvd!

thanx

ronny

02-24-2003, 02:01 PM
I also paid the $5 but the author is now working full time for 321 studios (dvdxcopy) and not sure when (or if) they'll be any further updates.

captain_video
02-24-2003, 03:36 PM
Speaking of DVDXCopy (sorry about the off-topic post), does anyone know how to set up the default recording speed for a DVD burner? I've got a Pioneer A03 with the hacked firmware upgrade that allows it to record at 2X speed but I'm still using el cheapo Princo DVD-R discs that are only reated at 1X. When I try to use DVDXCopy, it starts the record process at 2X and I have no idea how to change it. The readme file says something about using the configuration setup program from the Start menu but I do not seem to have this utility with version 1.4. I'm using the latest version downloaded from the DVDXCopy website that's supposed to be the full installation. I'm using a crack with it to activate the full program. I only use the program once in a blue moon so I couldn't justify the expense of buying it at this time, although that might change if I find it to be useful enough. Anybody got a clue about this?

Hi8
02-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by captain_video
Speaking of DVDXCopy (sorry about the off-topic post),

don't waste your time with DVDXCOPY ... I own it.. it works, but a combination of DVD2ONE and SMARTRIPPER or DVDecripter is a MUCH better solution. fit DVD-9 on DVD5(R/RW) works everytime and it's very FAST

captain_video
02-24-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm not looking for a method of ripping DVDs as I am aware that there are better methods of copying them. I don't copy them as a rule since I can get pretty much any movie I want from DTV when shown on PPV. My daughter likes to have movies for viewing while away at college and brings home rentals DVDs once in a while. I don't like fussing around with the ripping process as it's much easier to simply pop the disc in the drive and click Go to start the copy process. I was simply asking if there was a way to set the record speed on my DVD burner so I can use my 1X media with the software.

Hi8
02-24-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm not looking for a method of ripping DVDs as I am aware that there are better methods of copying them. I don't copy them as a rule since I can get pretty much any movie I want from DTV when shown on PPV. My daughter likes to have movies for viewing while away at college and brings home rentals DVDs once in a while. I don't like fussing around with the ripping process as it's much easier to simply pop the disc in the drive and click Go to start the copy process. I was simply asking if there was a way to set the record speed on my DVD burner so I can use my 1X media with the software.

I understand - our goals are similar... the advantage of DVD2ONE is that you can 'backup' to 1 disc, instead of 2. the quality is as good, as the original, give or take. If you want the original menus - makeiteasy claims ot do that, or-- give DVDBOT a look if you want the ease of click and walk-a-way.

captain_video
02-24-2003, 10:15 PM
OK, one more time. With all due respect, I'm not looking for advice on other software that will copy DVDs as I know there are other programs that will do this. I just want to know if I can adjust the recording speed of my DVD burner in DVDXCopy. Please refrain from suggesting the use of other software as I am not interested in any other responses to the question. I apologize for the rude response but everyone is sending me PMs and posting responses that do everything but answer my question.

BubbleLamp
02-24-2003, 10:27 PM
OK, one more time. With all due respect, I'm not looking for advice on other software that will copy DVDs as I know there are other programs that will do this. I just want to know if I can adjust the recording speed of my DVD burner in DVDXCopy. Please refrain from suggesting the use of other software as I am not interested in any other responses to the question. I apologize for the rude response but everyone is sending me PMs and posting responses that do everything but answer my question.

Aren't there tools that tweek the media so it reports itself as something else to the burner, or was I smoking something funny and just imagined that I read that?

Hi8
02-25-2003, 07:10 AM

ah .. ok - no. I also have a A04; running thru a firewire connection. I have also had issues with software not being able to see it properly or adjust things for it's proper operation. The suggestion I was making was more of a (work-a-round)solution, by allowing you to use perhaps other burning tools/software that HAS that ability to adjust write speed such as Nero that you may already be using for other purposes.

I believe a better place to ask your question would be in the DVDXCOPY

forums (http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/) where there are a focused group of users with I'm sure similar problems.

captain_video
02-25-2003, 08:58 AM
I checked the afterdawn forum prior to posting here and read their FAQ but couldn't find anything about setting the speed. I only posted the question because someone mentioned using DVDXCopy further up the thread.

The software recognizes the A03 just fine. The problem is, I want to use 1X media and it defaults to 2X speed because of the firmware I have installed on the drive. When it burns the disc at 2X, it's not playable in a DVD player and ends up being a coaster.

Aren't there tools that tweek the media so it reports itself as something else to the burner, or was I smoking something funny and just imagined that I read that?

I'm not aware of any tweaking tool for the media. Can you point me to where you read that?

02-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Captain--sorry I can't answer your question but a warning--I understand the web updates are supposed to blacklist software with questionable serial numbers.

For others reading this thread: It sounds like Captain is using hacked firmware which allows him to try to burn 1X media at 2X speed. DVDXCOPY is not allowing him to specify 1X speed for the media that won't work at 2X

Captain this not what you want to hear I'd either 1) use other software 2) buy better discs (at least for when I use DVDXCOPY) or 3) reflash my DVD burner so it only burns 2X with 2X certified media.

captain_video
02-25-2003, 02:14 PM
I am indeed using the hacked firmware version for my Pioneer A03 that allows me to burn at 2X. Are you saying that the burner is supposed to automatically detect whether or not the media is certified for a particular speed and set the burn speed accordingly? I am able to manually set the burn speed in every other burning application that I use so why would DVDXCopy be any different?

I must confess that I am using a cracked copy of DVDXCopy 1.4 (.1?) that I downloaded from the DVDXCopy website. I had a standalone version prior to that and it did the same thing. Based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't waste my money on it, which is why I wanted to be able to try the full version first. I don't mind paying for software that proves its usefulness.

02-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Yes, the burning software checks the media and sets the speed accordingly. Don't know why DVDXCOPY doesn't let you override but that's why I suggested you use a different software package.

I was trying to be helpful when I suggested you use different software, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

You can buy Ritek -R 4X media for under $2. The easiest solution may be to just buy a small quantity of faster media.

captain_video
02-25-2003, 05:57 PM
I tried getting on the afterdawn forum to post a question but there's a 48-hour quarantine period before you can post any topics (how stupid is that?). I've given up on the option of using DVDXCopy as it is a lame program anyway. I was just looking for a quick and dirty way to copy DVDs for my daughter using the abundance of 1X media I have on hand (100-disc spindle). Please forgive my rudeness as I know all posters meant well and were trying to be helpful. It just seemed that every response just bypassed my original question and offered a completely different solution to the problem, resulting in no small amount of frustration on my part. I was having a rough day at work and my temper got the best of me. Peace, everyone.

Wooly
02-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Which burner do you have? If it's the Pioneer A03/A04 and you've applied a 2xall firmware to it, I've found certain programs want to default to 1x no matter WHAT firmware or setting I use. But, that being said, let's try to solve your problem. Get me the info on your burner and firmware, and let's see what we can solve without hosing your ROM.

captain_video
02-25-2003, 09:37 PM
It is the Pioneer A03 burner with the hacked 2.00 firmware upgrade. There was a link to the firmware in the forum many months ago:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=75900&highlight=Pioneer+firmware#post75900

The link for the firmware file is about 5 posts below the one I cited. The file name is a03_200.zip. Unfortunately, the link does not appear to be valid any longer. I have never had a problem using this upgrade on my A03. In fact, I've been able to burn my Princo DVD-RW discs (Ver. 1.1) at 2X without a problem, and I think they're only rated at 1X.

ardvark45
02-26-2003, 08:50 AM
here are working links for pioneer firmware

http://www.firmwares.co.uk/

arddvark45

laserfan
02-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Wondering which one I should be using (I have the 103 currently at stock 1.68) as there are three version 2.00 (Region-free, 2x Ritek, 2x all)? All of these incorporate the Pioneer patch to keep the drive from becoming inoperable w/the new media? TIA for any tips/advice.

captain_video
02-26-2003, 09:55 AM
I checked the firmware link and it is somewhat confusing as there are numerous firmware files that seem to do the same thing. What are the actual differences between them and why would I want to use them? I am assuming that the firmware downgrade files will downgrade a burner with hacked firmware back to an official Pioneer released firmware version, correct? I am also confused by the statement "Enable any media to burn @ 2x on DVR-A03/103". Does this mean that media rated at 1X will burn at 2X or that any 2X or higher rated media can be used at 2X with the A03?

02-26-2003, 10:06 AM
It means it will TRY to burn any media at 2X. You've already learned that not all media can be "pushed".