PDA

View Full Version : ty2avi.bat

chjones
01-25-2003, 12:12 AM
I've had a couple of requests to post the way I go from tyfile to avi (actually, avisynth script) without any interaction, so here's my work. It's just a few batch files, really included for informational purposes only, since I've no real intention on releasing a tool for this process. It's just what I use. I'll put the readme.txt in the next post if you want more info.

The idea is that this goes from tyfile to avi with one command line. No clicking, no loading, just waiting (or doing something else). It may not be particularly elegant; it's not even what many people want, but it works for me. YMMV.

I don't plan on doing a lot of support or even updating on this, but feel free to ask if you must. ;-)

One quick note---it does use other programs (not a lot you can do with batch files if it doesn't). Again, feel free to edit away and use other programs you prefer---these are just the ones I use. They're all GPL'd, so you can download them, but I can't include them (well, not without more effort than I want). See the readme for more info.

This post is longer than I wanted it to be. Have fun.

EDIT: I probably should have mentioned: I have no idea if this works for dtivo streams. I don't know any reason it wouldn't, but I have actually only used 720x480 SA streams. Let me know if any of you with a DTivo tries it and has problems.

chjones
01-25-2003, 12:13 AM
It's rather long and dry, so I'll just attach it.

tacohell36
01-27-2003, 06:01 PM
is this all done from a windows machine?

chjones
01-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by tacohell36
is this all done from a windows machine?

Yes. I'm using XP pro, but I've tried to set this up so that it will work in 98 or above (at least, according to microsoft and without any actual testing) in command.com or cmd.exe.

There are fairly easy ways to do it all on the command line in linux, but they are quite different. For instance, virtualdub and avisynth are (currently, and probably for quite some time) only for windows.

Hope that helps.
CDJ