PDA

View Full Version : TiVo Startup Video

RedSunshine
01-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Hi.

Is there anyway to extract of pull off the video that plays on the startup of the TiVo. I don't have any need for it, but it's cute and something I'd like to have in MPEG.

Soooo....

Any thoughts? I have a SA Series1

volkovoi
01-29-2003, 02:55 AM
Best Buy has a Tivo DVD that they play in the projection TV room.
The entire disk has Tivo demo animations and tutorials on how to use Tivo. If you know someone who works there you can ask them to take it to a computer that has a DVD drive and use DVD Decrypter to extract the VOB. Or you could just borrow it.

Or you could plug you SA tivo into your comp as long as it has a TV capture card and capture it directly into an MPEG.

AlphaWolf
01-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Or you could just extract it as a regular tystream, because thats what it is stored as on your tivo. It's one of the ones listed under /Resource/VideoClip, not sure which exactly.

FredThompson
01-31-2003, 03:07 AM
Or you can go here: http://mattdrury.net/etchings/tivo.mpeg

This was recompressed but it's still fairly nice.

Wonder if there's a way to get that demo DVD at Best Buy...

RedSunshine
01-31-2003, 03:22 PM
Sorry for the easy question. I've looked, but cannot seem to find how you extract the ty file. I usually use tytool to do my extractions. Should I use something else for this? I cannot even find the /Resource/VideoClips dir.

AlphaWolf
01-31-2003, 04:16 PM
I don't know how you would do it with tytool. If it still uses nowshowing.tcl, change the /Recording/NowShowing to /Resource/VideoClip, and you will get that listing instead. I just use tivoweb to find the FSID, then extract it with mfs_export, then you can convert to mpeg with tydemux.

RedSunshine
01-31-2003, 05:02 PM
Great, I understand completly now...well kinda completly anyway.

Thanks AlphaWolf