PDA

View Full Version : Save to VCR

snj2000
02-02-2003, 03:20 PM
What is the difference of using "Save to VCR" vs Play?

Are you able to watch another recorded show or live tv through the TIVO while you are "Saving to VCR"? If not I don't understand what the difference or need for the "Save to VCR" function would be.

I have 1 set of outputs from Tivo going to TV and the other set going to VCR.

Additionally I have VCR outputs going to TV 2nd inputs.

Thanks.

mrblack51
02-02-2003, 04:45 PM
save to vcr will show a title screen for a few seconds, then play the video. the key is that the tivo will not display anything other than the video while playing. i think it may disable most remote buttons while playing too, but i dont remember

snj2000
02-02-2003, 05:46 PM
I guess disableing the romote would be to insure that you don't inadvertantly bring up a menu while saving to tape. I have seen that initial display screeen & I guess it is so when you later watch the tape, you "see" what is on the tape...I just don't get why they went to the trouble of making a menu option for it....

I don't remember the TIVO ever displaying any "unwanted" screens while I was playing a show anyway.

I admit I may be over-analyzing this, just hoping to get the full benefit of the feature.

Thanks again for the input!

Gill
02-20-2003, 04:55 PM
If u use the IR blaster, I'm pretty sure it's also supposed to setup your VCR to do the record. So when you choose that option, everything else is ready to go.

Gill