PDA

View Full Version : tydemux/mux/ what editor

2ride
02-03-2003, 06:09 PM
What editor is successful on windows for editing tydemux/muxed streams?

TIA

kurjiboo
02-05-2003, 05:41 PM
you could try mediaware solutions m2-edit. version 3 doesn't work to well but 4 works ok, just requires two edits and a remux. I'll explain-
1)tydemux to make and m2v and mpa file
2)mux with tmpeg
3)select what you want and trim. You can do multiple selections and use the navagator to multitrim. you've just created trimmed audio
4)open each trimmed clip. You will notice there is a few frames or seconds of video on larger clips. again, trim this out. You have now created the trimmed video
5)go into tmpeg and mux. Use the first file m2 edit created as the audio and the second as the video.

M2 edit works with VBR streams, but outputs a stream with padding to. When remuxed in tmpeg, this padding will be removed, but it wastes extra space on the drive untill then

also, m2 edit is frame accurate :) but costs a rediculious amount of money :mad: It doesn't reencode using the trim option.

Has anyone got the registered version of elecard mpeg player 2? It plays clips great and has an option to trim the video. I don't know if it's frame accurate and I only have the shareware.

AlphaWolf
02-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Hang on to your origional tystreams, something good is coming from the tydemux team.

2ride
02-05-2003, 09:16 PM
I tried using mplex 1.6 cygwin version and had problems with files over 2 gig. I did set the -S 0 option.

if I use tmpgenc how do i fix the sync issue
what is equivalent to -O 003 in tmpgenc?

any other options

TIY

thanks HunterK for the tease :) :)