PDA

View Full Version : Which way to go?

Bman
02-07-2003, 06:41 PM
I edited the post....

Basically it was a pathetic attempt to get some help. After a weekend of trial and error (a lot of error!) I have made a ton of progress. Actually at the point of authoring DVD's with commericals edited out.

I want to thank the 43 people who viewed the pathetic cry for help for NOT responding. It forced me to dive in and LEARN it. Thanks guys.... :)

ebone
02-10-2003, 12:16 PM
maybe you post your pitfalls to help other people ( hint me ), i am still trying to figure out some of this stuff...most notably the gopeditor and if i can edit out the first set of comercials

-E

---edit

well it looks like the .ty files had something wrong with them. I finally got one to work. So at least I know i'm doing it right.

captain_video
02-10-2003, 02:05 PM
I want to thank the 43 people who viewed the pathetic cry for help for NOT responding. It forced me to dive in and LEARN it.

Glad to hear this forum has been of some benefit. Learning it yourself is by far the most rewarding and beneficial method. I wish that more people would follow your example. The answer to 99.999% of all questions posted in these forums have probably been answered numerous times before. It's amazing what the little search button at the top of the page will reveal when used properly. As for the 43 people that viewed the post and didn't respond, did it occur to you that perhaps they didn't have the answer you were looking for? I view a lot of posts but I don't respond to each and every one of them, mostly because I know there are other members that can answer the question better than I can. If I have the answer or can point you in the right direction, I will usually do my best to help a brother out and so will most people here.

TIVOROCKS
02-10-2003, 02:32 PM
ebone...

I believe you will find that you have to keep the beginning few frames of the original (usually commercials) to get a modified (cropped) VOB/m2v to import into SpruceUp! to author your final commercial free DVD. I tried to work around this over the weekend to no avail.

But this will work...
Insert a chapter point at the beginning of your show (chapter 2) and point the play button on your DVD menu to chapter 2. By default in SpruceUp! if you drag the movie to the play button it will start at chapter 1 which is the first frame of your m2v. Chapter 1 will be the commercials prior to your show starting.

Bman
02-10-2003, 02:46 PM
did it occur to you that perhaps they didn't have the answer you were looking for?

Yup, sure did. I didn't mean any disrespect towards anyone. I truely meant it when I said thanks for not hand holding. I belong to other forums where I'm not such a novice and see it all the time. People don't want to read or search and get mad because you won't layout step by step directions. A specific question is fine but when they want it all layout out nice and easy for them it gets annoying.

You have helped me out before here and I appreciate it. So have others.

I would like to make a comment on the layout of the forum. Is it possible to put files in a file directory? I find it somewhat disjointed since the DirecTivo Hacking split off the Tivo Extraction Forum. The threads can get rather long. Just my 2 cents. Don't take it wrong, I love this place!

bman :D