PDA

View Full Version : Mplex 2GB limit solution found!

JSquare
02-08-2003, 12:28 PM
I just tested a way to multiplex files bigger than 2GB using mplex.exe by adding the following commands:
-f 3 = Format Generic MPEG2
-V = Multiplex variable bit-rate video
-S 0 = Maximum Output File Size (No Limit)

mplex -V -S 0 -f 3 -o %1.mpg %1.m2v %1.mp2

If you want to try it, download my batch file, that will also demux your TY files and transcode the audio to 48Khz.

You will need the following application:

TyDemux, BeSweet & Mplex

Edit the path and place the batch file in the same dir as the above applications, and just drag and drop your TY files into TyMplex.bat

Note: Thanks to MrBassMan for the creation of "splitmux.bat" that inspired me in creating my own batch automated file.

JSquare
02-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Here is the batch file!
All I need now is a good and fast MPEG2 editing application, currently using TMPGEnc but is not accurate. Honestech MPEG Editor 4.0 looks promising but 5 mins cuts on the demo version is not enough to convince anyone.

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 01:41 PM
JSquare,
What kind of streams are you using this on? I was able to use it on a stream from the Series 2 DirecTiVo and it produced a wonderfully complient mpeg that was noticibly out of sync.
Any ideas?

-Mike

JSquare
02-08-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm using an SA HDR112 with V3.0, you may want to edit the batch file and try the following:

Insert -ota( -d %DELAY% -g max ) on the second BeSweet command and remove the -O %DELAY% from the mplex.exe command line, or just copy and paste this:

besweet -core( -input %1.wav -output %1.mp2 -2ch ) -ota( -d %DELAY% -g max ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -s 48000 -m s -b 192 )

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JSquare
I'm using an SA HDR112 with V3.0, you may want to edit the batch file and try the following:

Insert -ota( -d %DELAY% -g max ) on the second BeSweet command and remove the -O %DELAY% from the mplex.exe command line, or just copy and paste this:

besweet -core( -input %1.wav -output %1.mp2 -2ch ) -ota( -d %DELAY% -g max ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -s 48000 -m s -b 192 )

mplex -V -S 0 -f 3 -o %1.mpg %1.m2v %1.mp2 Nope, it still doesn't work. Is 9ms that much of an offset? That's what I'm getting when I split it but it seems like more then that when I view the muxed video.

-Mike

JSquare
02-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Since I don't have a DTivo, the only other problem you may have is with the DTivo's stream resolution which is 480x480 (SVCD 2324 bytes packets), my setup is for DVD which is either 720x480 or 352x480, you may want to try -f 4 or -f 5 instead of -f 3 on the command line for Mplex.exe

MrBassMan
02-10-2003, 06:24 AM
I just tested a way to multiplex files bigger than 2GB using mplex.exe by adding the following commands:
-f 3 = Format Generic MPEG2
-V = Multiplex variable bit-rate video
-S 0 = Maximum Output File Size (No Limit)

Another solution to mux >2GB files for ANY format output is use -o yourfilename_%d.mpg. If you use this from within a .bat file you need to use %%d

Mplex will then output multiple files replacing %d with the file number.

The maximum size of any one output file from mplex is determined by the output format (-f) you specify.

Gruph
02-11-2003, 03:13 AM
Ah... a quick note... for those that are not able to do this, what OS are you running?

Please note that the OS must support files larger than 2GB. (IE Win2k, WinXP, and possibly, but not sure, WinNT).

-Gruph

DgtHorse
02-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Since I don't have a DTivo, the only other problem you may have is with the DTivo's stream resolution which is 480x480 (SVCD 2324 bytes packets), my setup is for DVD which is either 720x480 or 352x480, you may want to try -f 4 or -f 5 instead of -f 3 on the command line for Mplex.exe
i love to use your batch file but it doesn't seem to be working for me. i had to modify when you use "2lame" to "lame" in order to get further in the batch operation but i still get stuck abit further here is the command line and the error i get
i am executing this command using besweet.....and i am using a DTivo
COMMAND:
------------------------------------
besweet -core( -input %1.wav -output %1.mp2 -2ch ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -lame( -s 48000 -m s -b 192 )
-----------------------------------
ERROR:
-----------------------
C:\MEDIA>mplex -V -O -3 -S 0 -f 3 -o cursed.ty.mpg cursed.ty.m2v cursed.ty.mp2
INFO: [mplex] mplex version 2.2.1 ($Date: 2002/02/04 19:06:14 $)
INFO: [mplex] File cursed.ty.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
**ERROR: [mplex] File cursed.ty.mp2 unrecogniseable!
**ERROR: [mplex] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.
-----------------------

Barrett
03-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MrBassMan
Another solution to mux >2GB files for ANY format output is use -o yourfilename_%d.mpg. If you use this from within a .bat file you need to use %%d

Mplex will then output multiple files replacing %d with the file number.

The maximum size of any one output file from mplex is determined by the output format (-f) you specify. I have done this but every time i do, the first file is fine and the ones after it says no video stream when i go to edit them in TMPGenc, and they wont play with any player.. am i doing something wrong?

Y2JProd
03-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Combat Medic
Nope, it still doesn't work. Is 9ms that much of an offset? That's what I'm getting when I split it but it seems like more then that when I view the muxed video.

-Mike

I had the same problem as you, but found a simple solution for it. Just use the copy command to join the multiple mpg files together like this:

copy /B test11.mpg+test12.mpg test.mpg

This will create a single file. I did this then tested the result with Windows Media Player playing the video before and after the join and the audio and video plays just fine.

Y2JProd
03-05-2003, 07:12 PM
In regards to using BeSweet to upsample the audio, has anyone had success with this?

I tried using BeSweet as well as converting the mp2 to a wav and then upsampling that, but mplex complains about the audio files and only appears to work when using the mp2 decoded with TyTool.

FreydNot
03-07-2003, 01:57 AM
I use BeSweet all the time with great sucess. I use

BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "%~n1.mpa" -output "%~n1.wav" -2ch ) -ota( -norm 0.98 ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 )

to convert the mp2 to a wave. I do some editing and then turn the wav into an ac3 using AC3Machine.