PDA

View Full Version : Tserver_mfs6 Hanging at 69%

Hobby
02-08-2003, 01:08 PM
When I try to send tserver_mfs6 to my Tivo via Telnet - it hangs at 69% and won't complete the file transfer.

If I use a serial connection it transfers fine, but when I look for it using "dir" or "ls", it isn't there.

FYI, I mounted the drive by "mount -o remount,rw /" so I'm not in read only

I'm stumped, any Ideas?

--Hobby--

BubbleLamp
02-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Hobby
When I try to send tserver_mfs6 to my Tivo via Telnet - it hangs at 69% and won't complete the file transfer.

If I use a serial connection it transfers fine, but when I look for it using "dir" or "ls", it isn't there.

FYI, I mounted the drive by "mount -o remount,rw /" so I'm not in read only

I'm stumped, any Ideas?

--Hobby--

Don't use xmodem in telnet over Ethernet, it doesn't work properly. Either use ftp, or xmodem over serial. And make sure you know where you are sending it to.

Hobby
02-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
Don't use xmodem in telnet over Ethernet, it doesn't work properly. Either use ftp, or xmodem over serial. And make sure you know where you are sending it to.

I've transfered files this way for a long time. I send them via zmodem. My Tivo and CPU are directly connected using a cross-over cable with a NIC and Turbonet.

Maybe I worded it wrong in the above post - Am I doing something wrong?

--Hobby--

BubbleLamp
02-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Hobby
I've transfered files this way for a long time. I send them via zmodem. My Tivo and CPU are directly connected using a cross-over cable with a NIC and Turbonet.

Maybe I worded it wrong in the above post - Am I doing something wrong?

--Hobby--

It's been discussed here several times, zmodem does not work reliably over Ethernet. It was designed to work over slow modem connections. IMHO, since you have Ethernet working, use ftp.

Hobby
02-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
It's been discussed here several times, zmodem does not work reliably over Ethernet. It was designed to work over slow modem connections. IMHO, since you have Ethernet working, use ftp.

Thanks

I'll give that a try

--Hobby--