PDA

View Full Version : MUX'ing, VSplit, and related tools. #3

jdiner
02-08-2003, 03:23 PM
A recap of the first post from the Part #2 of this thread

Ok. This text is a copy of the starting fo rhte the second new Thread I am created in the DTivo forum. Just like there this thread is most definately a discussion of how to produce to mux'ing/working/finished/finalized/ready-to-use MPEG2 files.

Further it is to be a place where we can all trade ideas, discuss code and applications, be it for the Tivo or just for MPEG2 in general. However there are some rules for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- Leave the flames and arguments elsewhere... Again I am interested in getting things working better and moving forward, not a re-hash of the problems covered in other threads. So here be nice or stay out.

2- We discuss ANY tools dealing with mux'ing or viewing or editing MPEG2 files or TyStreams... But let's focus on things that are built for TiVo output as this is a Tivo Forum. I am not the only one working on this, and while I intend to have my discussions of things here I have no arguments again others doing the same. If you find a tool that is better that any you have seen before, then share.

3- NO DISCUSSION OF EXTRACTION. This thread is about MUX'ing and making working MPEG2 files. To do that you have to have elementary streams. So no matter how you get them you have to have them before coming here with ideas or problems.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS wishes/desires. At some point we should support all of them or at least as many as is possible.

5- Let's limit the discussion of VSplit to how it interracts with MUX'ing rather than usability or general feature set. We have to discuss VSplit as it is the core of my current MUX'ing engine. Also in the works is a MUX'er for exisitng VSplit output that will stitch it all back together as appropriate for a tivo file that can be done long after the a/v split has been done.

6- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or any other author, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

I would like this thread to be about the previously mentioned "technical amazement" rather than usability in my tools, ExtractStream, etc... That is what the other thread and this forum is for. Here if you find something sweet dealing with MUX'ing/editing then let's all talk about it and move forward in getting to that "perfect" point where everyone is happy.

The technical discussion of the mux'ing and what is going on behind the scenes will be held in here. Some don't care about it. If all you want to discuss is tools for extraction/splitting then go to the other threads.

So if anyone has things on their wish list for MUX'ing now is the time and this is the place.

--jdiner

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks jdiner for all of the work that you and everyone else has done. I've been able to get the video off of my DirecTiVo and I can split it. Now, the only problem is that when I try to mux them back together I get an mpeg that is noticibaly out of sync. What is the best way for doing this?

As a reminder, I am running a series 2 DirecTiVo. I've got a 400meg .ty off of Showtime that I can upload somewhere if you need some series two tys to play with.

Thanks
Mike

BTW, Is a 9ms offset that bad? It doesn't seem like much, is it enough to make it noticable?

Milton
02-08-2003, 04:19 PM
just whipped up this .bat file to run vsplitMux2 and gopedit4 by clicking a .ty file... if this has already been done... then it's been done again. use and modify at your own risk!!

rename the attaced file to Gopeditscript.bat
see the .bat file header for installation

basically this script opens vsplitMux2 renamed to Vsplit.exe with the -k flag. opens gopedit4 with the current file open. waits for you to save the cut list and close the editor. (note: if you don't save the cut list it will fail) then runs vsplit with the -m -c flag. Put's the new .mpg in a dir c:\media\mpg\ and moves the .ty file to c:\media\processedTY\ and puts a .old ext on the .ty file so I know when I processed something. then cleans up the .cut, .m2a and .key files so all your left with is c:\media\mpg\originalfilename.ty.mpg and c:\media\processedTY\orginalfilename.ty.old

if I stepping on toes, I'm sorry, I just hate typing long file names and flags over and over again.

JDINER --- Thanks for your great programs they work great for me just wanted to script the dos commands. thought other's might benifit from the script.

hancocks
02-08-2003, 05:01 PM
jdiner,

Don't know where these things are on the wish list, so here goes:

1. Automatically (on extraction, if specified):

hancocks
02-08-2003, 05:03 PM
jdiner,

Don't know where these things are on the wish list, so here goes:

1. Automatically (on extraction, if specified and if it make sense), generate the keylist (default name).

2. Upon remuxing, a flag to change audio to 48kbs.

Thanks,

- Stu

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Combat Medic
Thanks jdiner for all of the work that you and everyone else has done. I've been able to get the video off of my DirecTiVo and I can split it. Now, the only problem is that when I try to mux them back together I get an mpeg that is noticibaly out of sync. What is the best way for doing this?

As a reminder, I am running a series 2 DirecTiVo. I've got a 400meg .ty off of Showtime that I can upload somewhere if you need some series two tys to play with.

Thanks
Mike

BTW, Is a 9ms offset that bad? It doesn't seem like much, is it enough to make it noticable?
I can't belive it is this hard. What am I doing wrong? Vsplit and Gopeditor both crash almost as soon as they are run. Vsplit dies, then GOP Editor starts and has nothing to work with so it crashes and I'm dead again.

-Mike

mpauley
02-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Here is the batch file I use I use...

Place this bat file, vsplit and GOPChop in youry System32 directory. Set .TY association to this file. It does everything as the last file posted, but it places the finished MPG in the original directory.

**Added current vsplit and Gopchop

** Grab the newest bat file, a lil bit down this thread...

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Can someone post or eMail me a ZIP file of a complete set of these tools? I've tried all of these posted .bat files and none of them are working for me.

Thanks
Mike

Milton
02-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Can someone post or eMail me a ZIP file of a complete set of these tools? I've tried all of these posted .bat files and none of them are working for me.

Thanks
Mike

there jdiner's but here they are--- if you want to see were scripts might be failing put the word "pause" before each command in a script. what os are you running. and have you tried these from the command line?

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Well, I tried what you posted and I redirected the output of vsplit to a log file instead of to NULL and found the problem:

Processing 'D:\extract\Copy.ty': (10 chunks per tick)
Detected Tivo Type: DTivo
Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
Final standardAudioSize = 592

Final standardFrameLength = 0

Final standardAudioDiff = 6480 or 00:00:00.072
First Video PTS: 13:15:21.858

-1x4 - No Audio or Video timestamps in this chunk... Checking byte counts...
-1x4: New Vid ByteCount = AD FE A8 to AF EA 54
-1x4: New Aud ByteCount = 3B 5 90 to 3B 15 C0
-1x4: Old Vid ByteCount = 0 0 0 to 0 0 0
-1x4: Old Aud ByteCount = 0 0 0 to 0 0 0
-1x4: We are NOT aligned on the audio... It is an OOB chunk!
-1x4: We are NOT aligned on the Video... It is an OOB chunk!
Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

-1x4: New Vid ByteCount = 0 0 0 to 1 EB 7C
-1x4: New Aud ByteCount = 3B 15 C0 to 3B 28 40
-1x4: Old Vid ByteCount = 0 0 0 to 0 0 0
-1x4: Old Aud ByteCount = 0 0 0 to 0 0 0

Any ideas from the gods of extraction?

-Mike

Milton
02-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Well, I tried what you posted and I redirected the output of vsplit to a log file instead of to NULL and found the problem:
[code]

-Mike

not sure I have a series1 sa so I can't help with what might be off with the series2 but you may want to record about 20 sec of whatever as a test file. just to see if your orginal got wacked somehow..

Combat Medic
02-08-2003, 06:25 PM
I've tried a couple different files. Same result.

-Mike

bouchert
02-08-2003, 07:09 PM
First off, wanted to thank jdiner for his work thus far. Very wonderful stuff.

But with everyone giving rave reviews of the cut process using GopEditor4, I have to ask: Is it normal for the cut points made with vsplitmux2b to not be clean? When I make cuts and play the final edited and muxed MPG, either there is some visual corruption, with a mix of the frames before and after the cut, or the video "stalls" for a moment, while the audio keeps playing.

Doing a similar edit job using the cut and merge features of TMPGEnc results in clean jumps with no audio or video problems.

So, I'm just doing a sanity check before I unnecessarily list out my entire procedure only to find that it's expected behavior. Is what I'm seeing normal or is something not working right?

IndieRockSteve
02-09-2003, 04:26 PM
what does GOPeditor4 do?

is there a reason to run it after vsplitmux2a?

Any programers out there want to write a program to chop out commercials from mpeg2 files in linux?(there was an app but the maintainer is long since stopped working on it).

oh, I have jdiner's apps 'mirrored' on my web page(check the sig)

mpauley
02-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Here is the latest bat file I use... This file includes: TyStream.bat, Vsplit.exe, GOPEditor.exe, bbDMUX.exe, BeSweet.exe and all needed dlls.

Here is whats happens:

[list=1]
You copy all contents of this zip file to your System32 directory.
Associate .ty files to tyStream.bat.
Double Click your ty file.
A directory is created with your tyStream's name.
Your Cut and Key files will be processed in this directory.
Wait to edit out the commericals in GOPChop.
Save the cut list and exit GOPChop.
Vsplit will mux your MPG file.
bbDMUX will seperate the files.
BeSweet will Upsample the audio to 48k.
Your orginal MPG, a m2v and upsampled mp2 file will be in the new directory.
I feed the m2v and mp2 file into IfoEdit .96b to make your DVD.
[/list=1]

Im working on another script to take the Cut file and change it to an IfoEdit CellTimes.txt file.

2ride
02-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Doesn't this only need to be done to streams extracted from a SA tivo?

i have a dtivo and my extracts all seem to be at 48k

2ride

mpauley
02-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by 2ride
Doesn't this only need to be done to streams extracted from a SA tivo?

i have a dtivo and my extracts all seem to be at 48k

2ride

I believe so... I have a Philips SA running 3.0

mp

Mcbeth
02-09-2003, 09:45 PM
I just started having this wierd problem where output after GOpEdit and muxing causes tmpgenc to totally lose sync. The mpg file produced by vsplitmux2b plays fine in most things, but when i try to encode it to vcd, all the audio after the first cut goes out of whack... Any suggestions?

R

DgtHorse
02-10-2003, 12:48 AM
when i run vsplit i get the following error
---------------------
Processing 'taboo-.ty': (10 chunks per tick)
Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...
--------------------
this is my command
vsplit -k taboo-.ty taboo.ty.key taboo-.ty.m2a
can someone please help me on this...thanks in advance :)

mpauley
02-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by mpauley
Here is the latest bat file I use... This file includes: TyStream.bat, Vsplit.exe, GOPEditor.exe, bbDMUX.exe, BeSweet.exe and all needed dlls.

Here is whats happens:

blah blah blah...

12. I feed the m2v and mp2 file into IfoEdit .96b to make your DVD.

Im working on another script to take the Cut file and change it to an IfoEdit CellTimes.txt file.

** I forgot to mention... after making your DVD in IFoEdit, you have to close IFOEdit, reopen the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and press GET VTS Sectors. I found that if you dont do that, the DVDs will not play in any player... even my Apexs.

Mickey

bato
02-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Mcbeth
I just started having this wierd problem where output after GOpEdit and muxing causes tmpgenc to totally lose sync. The mpg file produced by vsplitmux2b plays fine in most things, but when i try to encode it to vcd, all the audio after the first cut goes out of whack... Any suggestions?

R

Check the thread titled "DVD MovieFactory takes the Muxed Output from VSplitMux!!", maybe that's the same problem we saw with MovieFactory. Basicaly the "fix" is to generate 3 or more mpeg files from each show, then join them with TMPEG and then encode to whatever you want. Maybe the mpg generated by GOPEditor have some timing information just in the cut that make this program to do that. Don't know if gopeditor needs to be changed to address this or the programs we use.

sirfergy
02-10-2003, 12:52 PM
I was wondering jdiner, if you could just edit the first thread and keep the latest versions of your file there?

jdiner
02-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Alright for those mac users amoung us. Check the bin release thread. A native mac osX release of VSplitMux2b was made about 5 minutes ago.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
--jdiner

jdiner
02-14-2003, 06:10 AM
Alright TyTool #6 has been released. Look for the zip archive and the release notes in the bin-release sticky thread.

--jdiner

donmc
02-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Sorry about this but where would that be exactly? :confused:

donmc
02-14-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by donmc
Sorry about this but where would that be exactly? :confused:

Found it!

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=83750#post83750

sirfergy
02-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I did too. :) Thanks JDiner, that was exactly what I was looking for!

donmc
02-14-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jdiner
Alright TyTool #6 has been released. Look for the zip archive and the release notes in the bin-release sticky thread.

--jdiner

Excellent, all coming together nicely!. One thing though, if I select the network Download option: Multiplex Mode nothing happens. The other two modes work as expected. Am I missing something?

Cheers
Don

jdiner
02-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Right you are. A last minute fix way to late last night broke that one part.

A new release is going up now.

--jdiner

donmc
02-14-2003, 06:11 PM
OK, Kudos for the prompt response :cool:

However, although the option now downloads the stream (?) it creates both the .m2v and .m2a files but not the muxed .mpg file (or am I not on the right path here?)

Also, a couple of other things:

Under File Options: Multiplex Files
The file selection box header shows "Pick Files to Multiplex (.ty/.cut/.key)" :Directory but the file selection box only shows the .ty files - is this correct?

If I select the .ty file I have editted and cut it still doesn't produce a multiplexed file?

Sorry if it's me :(

jdiner
02-14-2003, 06:36 PM
However, although the option now downloads the stream (?) it creates both the .m2v and .m2a files but not the muxed .mpg file (or am I not on the right path here?)

Did you bother to look at the output? It is indeed named .m2v but this is more of a left over than anything else.

.m2v is a legal extension for an MPEG-2 program stream. As it .m2p and .mpeg and .mpg.

The audio is 0 bytes long.

As I mentioned in the release notes this option is in essense the same as:

vsplit -m file.ty file.m2v file.m2a

and if you have the text file output option turned on:

vsplit -m file.ty file.m2v file.m2a > file.txt

So a .m2a file is indeed created. But it is empty. And a .m2v extension is used. But what comes out is indeed a multiplex mpeg program stream.

There are more options and features to come.
- A GUI way to turn on the SVCD mux'ing size is one of them.
- A GUI way to pick the extension to use. As there are lots of them.

etc... But for now I am working on making sure the core functionality is working correctly.

--jdiner

donmc
02-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Did you bother to look at the output? It is indeed named .m2v but this is more of a left over than anything else......

Ahhh!! No, I didn't check the output contents, only the files. I was expecting to see a single .mpg hence my confusion :(

and I did apologise in advance if it was me ay fault :D

Keep up the good work, I'll go and sit in the corner and keep quiet :)

Regards
Don

snoopy
02-15-2003, 01:48 PM
I feel like a dummy now. Thanks for the explaination of the output.

Ahhh!! No, I didn't check the output contents, only the files. I was expecting to see a single .mpg hence my confusion :(

and I did apologise in advance if it was me ay fault :D

Keep up the good work, I'll go and sit in the corner and keep quiet :)

Regards
Don

Pr.Sinister
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM

There are more options and features to come.
- A GUI way to turn on the SVCD mux'ing size is one of them.
- A GUI way to pick the extension to use. As there are lots of them.

etc... But for now I am working on making sure the core functionality is working correctly.

--jdiner

Hey Josh,

Not to be an ungrateful bitch but i have a feature request :)

Would it be hard for you to implement some option where
we can say "Output Multiple Files" when we mux so that it
creates 1 file for each segment between cuts?

I just got my DVD Burner back and i found a way to create menus
and all that with DVD Movie Factory. Problem is that the audio
gets out of sync right after a cut point. We figured out that if
we create multiple files and then join them with TMPGEnc, the
problem goes away.

Having that option would greatly increase productivity because
now we have to GopEdit, mux, rename file, GopEdit, mux, rename,
etc...

It would also come in handy with creating chapters...

The problem is explained more in this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21728) if you care ;)

-Pr.

dlang
02-15-2003, 09:58 PM
you can do this manually by just editing the .cut file and running vsplitmux2 a few times.

the .cut file lists the start and end times of each cut. comment everything out and create two new lines.

in the first line have the start time be 0 and the end time be the end of the first cut you want to make.

in the second line have the start time be the end of the piece you want to save and the end time b the end of the video

then mux and you have your slice.

Pr.Sinister
02-16-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by dlang
you can do this manually by just editing the .cut file and running vsplitmux2 a few times.

the .cut file lists the start and end times of each cut. comment everything out and create two new lines.

in the first line have the start time be 0 and the end time be the end of the first cut you want to make.

in the second line have the start time be the end of the piece you want to save and the end time b the end of the video

then mux and you have your slice.

... And then edit the cut file, then run vsplitmux, then edit
the cut file, and run vsplitmux, and then edit the cut file,
then run vsplitmux, and edit the cut file, then run vsplitmux.
:rolleyes:

Ya i knew that but my whole message up there was to make
it more dramatic! :D

Fact is i went from a 2 minute process when i was making SVCD's
to a 20+ minute process to go to DVD. When doing the cuts,
vsplitmux will process the entire ty file. Even if you want just the
1st 2 minutes. So for example, Kingpin-Black Magic Woman.ty
had 5 segments i wanted to save so i have to edit the cut file
and run vsplitmux 5 times. And i have to stay in front of the
computer while it does the cuts so i can get run the next cut
right after that. Before, i had my batch mux to SVCD with a max
output size of 5500 chunks and didn't have to stay in front of
the computer.

I'm just thinking that i would be very appreciated feature for
people going to DVD and even SVCD. Makes making menus/chapters
a cinch AND it fixes the problem with the video freeze and loss of
sync we experience when using DVD Movie Factory 2 (the only
authoring proggie that takes vsplitmux output so far as we know).

-Pr.

bato
02-16-2003, 10:44 AM
jdiner:

I have a request, I looked at the sticky thread "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only" and I see a lot of "old" tools like:

vsplit12
tytool3
vsplit13
tytool4
nowshowing-jdiner
tytool5
tserver5r2
tytool5r2+
tytool5r4
tytool5r5
tytool6

also I don't see listed gopeditor and vsplitmux2b (only mac version is listed).

And there are some posts that are questions and that sticky is for "Scripts, programs and How-to's only"

There is new people visiting this forum everyday and then maybe they can't find the tools or they download old tools and have problems, if you (or BubbaJ, chipster, KRavEN) can clean it, maybe you will have to take less time reading posts from people with problems.

Just my 2 cents.

glider
02-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Has anyone else tried using vsplitmux on high (vbr) recordings ?
If I don't specify the -m switch it works - so you can always use mplex to create mpeg...

> vsplitmux2b -s -d -m Entropy-3500mpbs.ty test.mpg test.m2a
Processing 'Entropy-3500mpbs.ty': (10 chunks per tick)
Jumping 1 chunks into input (131072 total bytes)
Detected Tivo Type: Standalone
Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
Final standardAudioSize = 880
Final standardFrameLength = 864
Final standardAudioDiff = 3240 or 00:00:00.036
First Video PTS: 00:00:01.184
MUX1 Found the B3-B8 header block and the 1st PES header block I1-frame
MUX1 Video Embedded PES Header: (106600) 00:00:01.184
MUX2 Now we have the almost full first packet (lead-in missing), and the header for the B2-Frame...
MUX2 lead-in skip == 2
MUX2 PTS = 106600 == 00:00:01.184
MUX2 Video Embedded PES Header: (100593) 00:00:01.117
MUX Found the 3rd PES header block (B3-frame)
MUX3 there are 2 lead-in bytes for the P frame.
MUX2 Video Embedded PES Header: (103596) 00:00:01.151
MUX Found the 4th PES header block (P4-frame) - We DO NOTHING with the data!
MUX2 Video Embedded PES Header: (115609) 00:00:01.284
MUX Have the body for P4-frame and Header for B5-Frame.
ERROR: Out of memory getting a new MuxNode buffer!
Segmentation fault

IndieRockSteve
02-16-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm not quite sure what your question is, but I do have copies of the latest jdiner tools on my web page and even plan on making sort of a home page for them so that Josh can work on more important things. I also have mfsstreamweb on there(and will have a homepage for that soon) and links to the homepages of other apps. Right now its linux oriented, but would have no problem adding Windows and especially OS X pages if people that run those OS's would be willing to write tutorials for me.
Link is in the sig for those that need it.

Originally posted by bato
jdiner:

I have a request, I looked at the sticky thread "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only" and I see a lot of "old" tools like:

vsplit12
tytool3
vsplit13
tytool4
nowshowing-jdiner
tytool5
tserver5r2
tytool5r2+
tytool5r4
tytool5r5
tytool6

also I don't see listed gopeditor and vsplitmux2b (only mac version is listed).

And there are some posts that are questions and that sticky is for "Scripts, programs and How-to's only"

There is new people visiting this forum everyday and then maybe they can't find the tools or they download old tools and have problems, if you (or BubbaJ, chipster, KRavEN) can clean it, maybe you will have to take less time reading posts from people with problems.

Just my 2 cents.

bato
02-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by IndieRockSteve
I'm not quite sure what your question is...

I'm talking about the sticky thread in this forum, the one that have a green car in front of it and started by KRavEN, titled "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only", jdiner always point us there to download the latest tytool. I'm just saying that anyone is able to clean that thread so no "old" programs show there and no posts with questions will be great (also if jdiner put gopeditor and vsplitmux2b for windows there).

I have all the programs 'cause I'm and old follower of this forum, but to new people downloading for the first time, maybe they download "old" stuff and report problems, or can't find some programs not listed there and will ask where are those, etc.

IndieRockSteve
02-16-2003, 02:24 PM
In that case, I'll get working on a homepage for Jdiner's software, then I'll set up with Josh a way to get the latest version on the homepage when he releases it(via ftp account, email, or something). Then people can just grab it off my website and I'll link to this forum for support. I'm also up for setting up homepages for any other Tivo related software as we see fit.

I'm talking about the sticky thread in this forum, the one that have a green car in front of it and started by KRavEN, titled "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only", jdiner always point us there to download the latest tytool. I'm just saying that anyone is able to clean that thread so no "old" programs show there and no posts with questions will be great (also if jdiner put gopeditor and vsplitmux2b for windows there).

I have all the programs 'cause I'm and old follower of this forum, but to new people downloading for the first time, maybe they download "old" stuff and report problems, or can't find some programs not listed there and will ask where are those, etc.

Mcbeth
02-17-2003, 03:22 AM
I have a tystream that won't complete muxing... the program looks like it continues but the mpg stream stops writing. Is there a way i can get more info on whats happening and post it up here? Here's what the debug log shows right about the time of failure.

*****DONE with HEADERS!!!!!
BMUX6 B-Frame size 15784 bytes...
BMUX6 B-Frame size 51188 bytes...
BMUX6 B-Frame size 16207 bytes...
minPTS = 14418307 -- 00:02:40.203
maxPTS = 15292863 -- 00:02:49.920
diff == 9
checkNumRecs: Number of Records: 2303 (ff 8 67 42)
Main Pump: Bad Chunk! Skipping!

checkNumRecs: Number of Records: 1023 (ff 3 16 82)
checkNumRecs: The size is wrong at 447038892 bytes...

checkNumRecs: Number of Records: 767 (ff 2 e4 c2)
checkNumRecs: The size is wrong at 347925780 bytes...

checkNumRecs: Number of Records: 384 (80 1 4c 2)
checkNumRecs: The size is wrong at 178020709 bytes...

R

hancocks
02-17-2003, 02:30 PM
jdiner,

I would really like to have added a pick on the Tytool6 menu which specifies output drive/directory for the remuxed stuff from the Gopeditor (.cut, .ty, etc.). Why? Because I always batch this stuff anyway, but I always try to go from one IDE or SCSI bus to the other (drive 1 > 2, etc.). Much, much faster. Haven't done the timings yet, but I bet it's a 2x-3x factor, perhaps more.
Additional request would be flag to disable verbose output in the remux pick of the tool...also for speed reasons. Equivalent of > nul redirection.

I know that this stuff falls in the category of "nice to have but not absolutely necessary and I (you) would have done it except was working on the important stuff, etc", but I had to mention.

Really love the tools...

Thanks,

- Stu

wzl
02-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Ok... sorry for the newbie question... I extracted some recorded shows using TyTools6r1 (Multiplexing Mode, Dbl Socket) and have my m2v and m2a files.

What app would you suggest to use to create a DVD from these files? I've worked with separate m2v and m2a files in DVDMaestro, but it is rejecting the m2v file...

Thanks much

IndieRockSteve
02-17-2003, 05:36 PM
just a note, changing scsi bus won't speed up scsi->scsi transfers, though going between scsi drives on one bus will, as will going between scsi and ide if you only have one drive of each.
changing bus's on ide will increase transfer speed though.

Mcbeth
02-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Has anyone had any problems with TY streams pulled off using r6 + mfs6? I posted a problem earlier up and it seems to stem from the fact that the ty stream pulled with tytool5 is diff than tytool6 which is causing the mux to be all hosed.

02/16/2003 02:22 PM 2,805,858,304 Fastlane-Offense (2 of 2).tyold
02/17/2003 02:19 AM 2,805,989,376 Fastlane-Offense (2 of 2).ty

tyold was pulled with tytool6r1+mfs6 and the other with tytool5r4+mfs5. The "bad" tystream won't mux properly at all. It seems to stop right after the first fsid.

R

snoopy
02-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by wzl
Ok... sorry for the newbie question... I extracted some recorded shows using TyTools6r1 (Multiplexing Mode, Dbl Socket) and have my m2v and m2a files.

What app would you suggest to use to create a DVD from these files? I've worked with separate m2v and m2a files in DVDMaestro, but it is rejecting the m2v file...

Thanks much

The latest ifoedit 096 (the one you have to pay $5.00 for) is supposed to do this but it seems to throw the sync off using TYTool6r1a. You can use an mpg from tytool and go into DVD Factory but it crashes on it. I have not found a solution either.

bronco13
02-17-2003, 08:47 PM
JDINER,

I noticed that TyTool6 has an option under the file menu that says, "Create IFO Files/Dirs"...

That greyed out little option is chipping away at my soul.

Once that feature is completed will we then be able to burn/master dvds???

Right now I know that some people have work arounds but I'd just assume hang on to my streams until your finished...

CptKirk
02-18-2003, 12:21 AM
Sonic’s MyDVD v4.0 build 68905 will process an m2v file created by TyTool 6r1a without any problems.

A 219M m2v file results in a 315M vob (dvd mpeg2) file which WinDVD v4.0.05.039 shows as the following:

Video:
Stream:
Type: Interlaced MPEG2
Bitrate: 7.000 Mbps
Framerate: 29.970 Hz
Resolution: 720x480
Aspect ratio: 4x3
Audio:
Stream:
Type: Linear PCM
Bitrate: 1536 Kbps
Number of channels: 2
Sampling Frequency: 48khz
Sampling Bits: 16

The same 219M m2v file results in a 51M dat (vcd mpeg1) file which WinDVD shows as the following:

Video:
Stream:
Type: MPEG1
Bitrate: 1.100 Mbps
Framerate: 29.970 Hz
Resolution: 352x240
Aspect ratio: 4x3
Audio:
Stream:
Type: MPEG Audio
Bitrate: 224 Kbps
Number of channels: 2
Sampling Frequency: 44.1khz
Sampling Bits: 16

koreth
02-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by CptKirk
Sonic’s MyDVD v4.0 build 68905 will process an m2v file created by TyTool 6r1a without any problems.

Using a file from a standalone TiVo, or from a DirecTiVo? I've tried loading DirecTiVo muxed MPEGs into MyDVD and it just crashed, not even an error message.

CptKirk
02-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Standalone Tivo.

I did the following to get the file from the Tivo and edit out commercials:

Tytool6--extract ty mode--make key file--edit key file--mux file

The resulting m2v file is what I used in MyDVD.

MyDVD will transcode the files into DVD compliant mpeg2 files. You can add all the menus you want. It will also burn directly to either DVD (for a DVD project) or CD (for a VCD project). You can also save to the harddrive with a DVD or VCD directory structure if you want to burn with another program.

Unfortunately there is no way to control the bitrate so the file size grows quite a bit for mpeg2.

bato
02-18-2003, 01:07 AM
I bet if you use a standard DVD resolution with your StandAlone Tivo (720x480 or 352x480) and then transcode the audio to 48khz then you can use Ulead Moviefactory 2 and it will not reencode your video. In MyDVD there is always reencode because it use PCM audio for all DVD output.

And BTW if you use DTivo then the resulting mpg from tytool gopeditor can't be imported in MyDVD.

Pr.Sinister
02-18-2003, 01:52 PM
I bet if you use a standard DVD resolution with your StandAlone Tivo (720x480 or 352x480) and then transcode the audio to 48khz then you can use Ulead Moviefactory 2 and it will not reencode your video. In MyDVD there is always reencode because it use PCM audio for all DVD output.

And BTW if you use DTivo then the resulting mpg from tytool gopeditor can't be imported in MyDVD.

I beg to differ. I have imported DTiVo files into MyDVD after going
through GopEditor. But it bloats the files as to where i can only fit
1 show on there. So there is no point. So far, DVD Movie Factory
is the best solution if you want to use GopEdited files. Unless
they have ac3 audio... then your SOL.

I tried Demuxing a GopEdited file that has Dolby Digital audio
and wasn't successful with TMPGEnc or M2-Edit. I will try more
demuxers tonight.

-Pr.

bato
02-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Pr.Sinister
I beg to differ. I have imported DTiVo files into MyDVD after going
through GopEditor. But it bloats the files as to where i can only fit
1 show on there. So there is no point. So far, DVD Movie Factory
is the best solution if you want to use GopEdited files. Unless
they have ac3 audio... then your SOL.

I tried Demuxing a GopEdited file that has Dolby Digital audio
and wasn't successful with TMPGEnc or M2-Edit. I will try more
demuxers tonight.

-Pr.

You lost me, I was talking about StandAlone Tivo and you respond with DTiVo files?

I'm 100% with you when you talk about DTiVo and Movie Factory.

So don't differ with me, I'm with you. Be my friend :)

EDIT: Sorry I re read your post, and I guess you differ about importing into MyDVD, I didn't mean can't can't, I mean can't = not practical, so I'm still in the same channel :D

Pr.Sinister
02-19-2003, 12:51 AM
You lost me, I was talking about StandAlone Tivo and you respond with DTiVo files?

I'm 100% with you when you talk about DTiVo and Movie Factory.

So don't differ with me, I'm with you. Be my friend :)

EDIT: Sorry I re read your post, and I guess you differ about importing into MyDVD, I didn't mean can't can't, I mean can't = not practical, so I'm still in the same channel :D

Hahaha... ya that's what i was saying... It can be done but
Movie Factory is way better for that... No Re-encode...

jdiner
02-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by bronco13
JDINER,

I noticed that TyTool6 has an option under the file menu that says, "Create IFO Files/Dirs"...

That greyed out little option is chipping away at my soul.

Once that feature is completed will we then be able to burn/master dvds???

Right now I know that some people have work arounds but I'd just assume hang on to my streams until your finished...
Right now I am capable of creating true vobs, based on the old cutting mechanism and the new chapter feature (unreleased). And then turning said vob's into a large playing program.

Futher I can then turn a set of these vob's into a full IFO/BUP set. This last stage is accomplished using re-compiled versions of the ifogen program.

The only current thing holding up release is that I have a few "nice" things to fix and I am chasing a few bugs.

Once it is released it will create a full "set" of files for going to disk. I have yet to burn anything to disk but I have loaded the files into a PC player just from my hard drive and they play exactly as they should. Just looking now at the tserver_mfs6 problem. For me they always show up as the same exact size. So I am trying to figure out what other people are running to get incomplete sizes.

--jdiner

jdiner
02-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I suppose I should have been a little more clear than I was in what I said.

I mentioned ifoedit because I am not a DVD wizard. Nor do I intend to become one. It is a very very simple feature-set. But in what little I know of these things and have tested... the output of my stuff coupled with ifogen can be loaded into IFOEDIT and more chapters and stuff arranged if desired. Meaning anything designed to deal with a true vob/ifo pair can then be used as long as no re-muxing is done.

As for a release date it will be very soon. Like I said it works for me. Perfectly so far, but then so did tserver_mfs6 which seems to have issues for others. So I am going over things trying to figure this out.

--jdiner

RxMan
02-19-2003, 07:19 PM
We will be able to go straght from a tivo to vob files? No editing (cuts, etc) can be done though?

jdiner
02-19-2003, 07:23 PM
No. There will need to be an intermediate stage. The ifogen set of tools need more information than can be had without a temporary workspace.

So the process would be:

Tivo->mpeg via TyTool

and then

mpeg->vob/ifo via what I am adding to the ifogen tool set...

and then burn the ifo/vob set of files to disk with whatever else you want.

At present with what I have ready to roll I have tested putting 4 shows into a songle ifo/vob set of files. And it worked as it should.

--jdiner

RxMan
02-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Can the mpeg include cuts as well?
ty > cuts > key > mpeg and then generate the vob/ifo?

That would be the holy grail to me. Multiple shows with no commercials.

jdiner
02-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RxMan
Can the mpeg include cuts as well?
ty > cuts > key > mpeg and then generate the vob/ifo?

That would be the holy grail to me. Multiple shows with no commercials.
Yes. That is after all the point. I was specifically answering the other question. "Can it just go from tivo to ifo/vob..."

As was asked/point out earlier there are some menu options which are disabled in the released version.

These follow directly in the process after the ones before it. So it becomes:

1- You get the TyStream.
2- You make the key file.
3- You cut it.
4- You mux it with the VOB extras...

Then lather, rinse, and repeat for as many files as you want to put onto 1 DVD and as will fit. :)

5- You then create the IFO and BUP files directly from the selected VOB files.

The end result is a directory containing all of the files needed to write to a DVD to make it play.

As I said before the actual writing I have not done. The rest is in there as it should be... Well that is what I am testing now.

--jdiner

jdiner
02-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Had a kind of a thought the other night while testing the downloads of things from my DTivo.

I tuned both tuners to a channel I do not have (1 and 3 respectively...) in the middle of a 14 show download and then kept track of the results.

In normal mode: the old 1 socket connection, 2 tuners on real channels, and getting files in TyStream mode it was taking 15 minutes to download a 1gig file.

In double mode: the new 2 socket connection, 2 tuners on real channels, and getting files in TyStream mode it was taking around 10 minutes to download a 1gig file.

For the last 2 days I have been, as mentioned, moving the tuners to non-existant channels so nothing is being recorded and pulling the files in double socket mode. With these settings I am getting a 1 gig show in roughly six minutes flat. I am doing just over 2MB/sec in this way. Makes it seriously fast to extract tons of shows. (There is a Battlestar Galactica marathon on right now... :)

Just wanted to pass that little tidbit on. I was not the one the thought up tuners on bad channels. I just remembered it... :)

--jdiner

Hi8
02-20-2003, 02:55 AM
Yes. That is after all the point. I was specifically answering the other question. "Can it just go from tivo to ifo/vob..."

--jdiner

in the interum... would it be possible to to release a version, that does NOT mux? Since GOP_Editor has been released I have tested/tried it but don't use it as the outcome is an mpeg. I really don't want to de-mux upsample to 48khz on my SA streams, and none of the mpegs I de-mux import into IFOEdit -(from my dtivo) work, crashes it right away. Not that I don't appreciate your hard work and efforts to the Holy Grail which I'm sure I will use excusively but the latest series or releases are actually a step back in my process, with the exception of XFER speed.. Thanks MUCH faster!

so is it possible to go through everything the same up to the point of mux'ing and instead just create .m2v & .m2a files?

Niles
02-22-2003, 05:37 PM
OK a noob here........ yes I know...easy on the flame fest.

When using VSPLIT MODE in the latest version of tytool5r2+, when downloading/extracting from the tivo I get these errors having to do with unknown tags:

Connected...
Getting NowShowing data...
Total Size = 342kbytes in 1.890000 seconds...
Unknown tag <166>
tag data <b 22 21:49:28 tcl[377]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes>

.........18600........-1x4 - No PTS values in the entire chunk... Use it but this is problematic...

-1x4: Number of Records: 11 ( b 0 ff ff)
-1x4: # 0 vid ( 31164): 7 9b c2 e0 f8 64 3d 1f 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-1x4: # 1 vid ( 19276): 4 b4 cb e0 fb 4b 34 1f 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-1x4: # 2 vid ( 20492): 5 0 cb e0 fa ff 34 1f 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-1x4: # 3 vid ( 31820): 7 c4 ca e0 f8 3b 35 1f 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-1x4: # 4 vid ( 18252): 4 74 cb e0 fb 8b 34 1f 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-1x4: # 5 vid ( 3548): 0 dd cb e0 ff 22 34 1f 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-1x4: # 6 aud ( 1272): 0 4f 83 c0 ff b0 7c 3f 0 0 0 e0 29 80 39 80
-1x4: # 7 aud ( 644): 0 28 43 c0 ff d7 bc 3f 0 0 0 e0 2c 9d 6b 20
-1x4: # 8 aud ( 644): 0 28 43 c0 ff d7 bc 3f 0 0 0 e0 2e 2c 3 f0
-1x4: # 9 aud ( 644): 0 28 43 c0 ff d7 bc 3f 0 0 0 e0 2f ba 9c c0
-1x4: # 10 aud ( 1272): 0 4f 83 c0 ff b0 7c 3f 0 0 0 e0 31 49 35 90
Error. We did not find an embedded audio header!

A/V Sync Offset: -7ms (i.e. plays 7ms late!)

DiffTime = 2299.781109 (2299781) == 38.329687 Minutes
total = 2609905664

At first I dismissed it as nothing, but when using DVD patcher and then Spruce etc.... I cannot get her working at all.

Any ideas here for a noob?

white2833
02-22-2003, 07:53 PM
OK, using the latest tytools6r1 with tserver_mfs6 to yank ty files off the TiVo. I then use vsplitmux2b with -k to build the .key file. I open gopeditor and I've found that 50% of the time, the movie is only partially there!

I delete the key file, compare the size of the ty file with the size reported in Tytools on the Tivo...all OK. So, the ty's seem fine.

Next time, as the .key file is building, I have another Explorer window open and keep pressing F5 to refresh...I notice that the .key file stops building at a certain point, yet vsplitmux2b is still cranking through the ty file. Sure, there are the usual errors that we see from vsplitmux, and if this was an isolated thing, I'd say that it's something in the TiVo stream that is messed up.

But this is happening too frequently! Attached is a log of a recent extraction and processing with vsplitmux that is creating the shortened files...what can I do?

white2833

jdiner
02-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Niles
When using VSPLIT MODE in the latest version of tytool5r2+, when downloading/extracting from the tivo I get these errors having to do with unknown tags:

Any ideas here for a noob?

No flame. Just three words... UPGRADE, UPGRADE, UPGRADE. The splitting code in that version is almost a year old. Get a move on. Grab the 6r1 release which has the latest mux'er.

That problem the -1x4 was resolved a long long time ago. It just meant that the timstamps for the packet were non existant. No video and no audio timestamps. :( A different technique is also used now to handle this much better.

--jdiner

DgtHorse
02-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by white2833
OK, using the latest tytools6r1 with tserver_mfs6 to yank ty files off the TiVo. I then use vsplitmux2b with -k to build the .key file. I open gopeditor and I've found that 50% of the time, the movie is only partially there!

I delete the key file, compare the size of the ty file with the size reported in Tytools on the Tivo...all OK. So, the ty's seem fine.

Next time, as the .key file is building, I have another Explorer window open and keep pressing F5 to refresh...I notice that the .key file stops building at a certain point, yet vsplitmux2b is still cranking through the ty file. Sure, there are the usual errors that we see from vsplitmux, and if this was an isolated thing, I'd say that it's something in the TiVo stream that is messed up.

But this is happening too frequently! Attached is a log of a recent extraction and processing with vsplitmux that is creating the shortened files...what can I do?

white2833

I have noticed this as well but it seemed to only happen when i was using my wireless connection with is 10mbit....when i switched to my grounded lan at 100mbit it worked perfectly. I am not quite sure what type of connection you are using but try to be grounded and 100mb it as well.

Niles
02-22-2003, 09:33 PM
No flame. Just three words... UPGRADE, UPGRADE, UPGRADE. The splitting code in that version is almost a year old. Get a move on. Grab the 6r1 release which has the latest mux'er.

That problem the -1x4 was resolved a long long time ago. It just meant that the timstamps for the packet were non existant. No video and no audio timestamps. :( A different technique is also used now to handle this much better.

--jdiner

Upgraded to 6.1 ....I do apologize for that but....

After upgrading to 6.1 ; using DVD patcher to patch header to 720... and adding via ADD MEDIA ASSET in Spruceup....

She errors out at the end at approx 99%:

Temporal References in GOP #3176 (zero based) are out of sequence (0xc10b000a)

Followed by Temporal References in GOP are out of sequence.

She doesnt "crash" as some have said is supposed to happen... she does nothing including; it has no affect to the xxx.m2v file whatsover for importation later.

Beta testing I understand... and I just would like to contribute in some way.

I also have spent two hours looking/searching for gopeditor. Throw a dog a bone?

Thanks again JDINER :D

jdiner
02-22-2003, 10:03 PM
There are for sticky threads at the top of this forum. One is entitled:

Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only

You will find it in there. That is actually the point for release for all of the tools.

If vsplitmux2b runs through to the end, then something is wrong somwhere. But the processing parts in vsplit and tytool are exactly the same.

So have you grabbed the ty file in question with TyTool version 6 and then run it through both. Or are you trying to different files?

I have pulled and run... 200+ streams with the latest versions of TyTool and not had a single issue like you mention.

If you are getting different copies/versions of the files in different ways then do a real binary diff call on them to make absolutely certain they are the same.

--jdiner

--jdiner

Niles
02-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Thx for the leads and taking the time to point some things out JDINER

Once I am successfull, I will make a 'HOW TO for laymans' with the most recent files etc...

I thank you once again.

snoopy
02-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Thx for the leads and taking the time to point some things out JDINER

Once I am successfull, I will make a 'HOW TO for laymans' with the most recent files etc...

I thank you once again.

I look forward to your howto.

Niles
02-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Well.... Upgraded etc....

same errors

-1x4: New Vid ByteCount = 64 3D 1F to 22 41 FB
-1x4: New Aud ByteCount = B0 7C 3F to B0 81 37
-1x4: Old Vid ByteCount = 26 3D D8 to 28 26 F0
-1x4: Old Aud ByteCount = 34 5 10 to 34 19 B4
-1x4: We are NOT aligned on the Video... It is an OOB chunk!

A/V Sync Offset: -7ms (i.e. plays 7ms late!)

DiffTime = 330.812016 (330812) == 5.513534 Minutes
total = 2609905664

and this is with 6.1 split FYI

Here is what I am attempting to follow:

1. Open the m2v file in DVDPatcher
2. Change the 480 Horizontal resolution to 720
3. Select "First header only" in the Patch Menu
4. Hit "Patch now!", then "Start"
5. Do not close DVDPatcher, you will need it again in a moment

Step C, Option 1 - 2. Create index files in SpruceUp
1. Open SpruceUp, Choose a "New" project
2. Go to the Media Asset Tab (The One that Looks like a Film Strip)
3. Right Click on the blank blue area, popup will say "Add Media Asset"
4. Choose m2v file modified in step C

bato
02-23-2003, 12:29 AM
There are for sticky threads at the top of this forum. One is entitled:

Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only

You will find it in there. That is actually the point for release for all of the tools.

Gopeditor and Vsplitmux2b for windows is not listed in that sticky, there's a request in this post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=84067#post84067) about removing old tools and put some that are not there.

You can download vsplitmux2b from this post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=82618#post82618)

And Gopeditor from this one (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=80168#post80168)

Both are in a thread that was Sticky called "MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files... #2!".

Niles
02-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Found them thank you BATO

jdiner
02-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Gopeditor and Vsplitmux2b for windows is not listed in that sticky
Really? Wow. You are right.

That was my bad. I could have sworn I posted it there. Man alive. I will have to regather everything and repost the latest versions.

The old versions are present just as an FYI to all for the simple reason that not everyu upgrade is right or perfect or the best choice. Look at all of the recent issues with networking for some and differing filesizes. I don't get that, so I am having no end of trouble trying to do anything to fix it. But the older versions, 5rX, work those people.

So the older ones will stay there. At least until there is a really good reason to get rid of them. I.e. a release that the majority feel works.

Anyway, sorry for the bad pointer. I really do remember putting it there. But I often release at 3am or later and I am not always at my best when I do.

--jdiner

ATL-TiVo
02-23-2003, 02:54 AM
Did the following...

1- You get the TyStream.
3- You cut it.

After the mux, the m2v was fine, the m2a was 0KB. Nothing there. Anyone else have this problem?

Niles
02-23-2003, 03:57 AM
I have some success here.... I am burning as we type/read so we are getting somewhere.

Final test in about 20 mins or so.

I have found a bug/anonymally having to do with 6.1 splitting on the fly … it doesn’t work correctly and my only solution was to extract in TY form and split using the program thereafter. I had much better success with this method by far.

I will report back after the burn and view test.

Regards,

Nile

Niles
02-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Well for the record SUCCESS !!!

Thank you jdiner and many others !

Only hitch is my high end progressive scan DVD player wont recognize it, and my lowly PS2 has no issue with it whatsoever and played it like a stock DVD.

LOL such is life I suppose.

Because of this I could not test if AC 3 was also transferred to the DVD at this point.

I will get working on a layman how to for the forum as a way of saying thank you.

Regards,

Niles

dlang
02-23-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by ATL-TiVo
Did the following...

1- You get the TyStream.
3- You cut it.

After the mux, the m2v was fine, the m2a was 0KB. Nothing there. Anyone else have this problem?
as it says in the documentation when you mux all the data is in m2v and m2a is a placeholder that contains no information

bato
02-23-2003, 08:52 AM
The old versions are present just as an FYI to all for the simple reason that not everyu upgrade is right or perfect or the best choice. Look at all of the recent issues with networking for some and differing filesizes. I don't get that, so I am having no end of trouble trying to do anything to fix it. But the older versions, 5rX, work those people.

So the older ones will stay there. At least until there is a really good reason to get rid of them. I.e. a release that the majority feel works.

Very valid points jdiner, but now that you maybe will edit the posts in that sticky how about something like this:

"TyTool, latest release XXX <- file there, older releases YYY, ZZZ and then some explanation of what TyTool do and that you need to use the latest and if that fail you can use an older release starting with the latest.

Gopeditor, latest release XXX, older YYY, ZZZ..."

This way all the new people can download the latest tool and only if they have problems will download older ones, this way when someone have a problem most of the time will be with the current tools and not that they downloaded older releases.

Just my 2 cents as always.

Can't help you coding, just try in any other way I can (check Moviefactory 2 thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21728) I believe there is good information there for people that want to create DVDs with menus, I'll maybe ask Pr.Sinister to change the first post to keep the latest information on top, with tips and pointers from within the thread so people don't get lost there)

jdiner
02-23-2003, 02:47 PM
I have found a bug/anonymally having to do with 6.1 splitting on the fly … it doesn’t work correctly and my only solution was to extract in TY form and split using the program thereafter. I had much better success with this method by far.
Fill me in on what you have stumbled across and if I can duplicate it I can fix it. Or at the very least try.

But I need much more information than just "found a bug..." :)

What tivo are you using? What version of the TIVO OS? What client OS? What was the name of the show (formatting only purposes)? What "happened" why you were trying to process the file? etc...

--jdiner

Niles
02-23-2003, 03:48 PM
First I would like to add at this point in NO WAY am I criticizing this release or any other release.

Without you JDINER I would NEVER be able to even think of extracting and having this much fun.:)

Now to answer your questions:

What tivo are you using? Phillips DSR 6000

What version of the TIVO OS? 2.5.2 running the latest 6.1

What client OS? XP fully updated ;Turbonet; 1.7 gHz P4; 1 Gb Ram

What was the name of the show (formatting only purposes)? MIB II

What "happened" while you were trying to process the file?

After upgrading to 6.1 ; using DVD patcher to patch header to 720... and adding via ADD MEDIA ASSET in Spruceup....

She errors out at the end at approx 99% could NOT go any further, could not import/compile due to this error:

Temporal References in GOP #3176 (zero based) are out of sequence (0xc10b000a)

Followed by Temporal References in GOP are out of sequence.

Solution was to split the TYSTREAM AFTER it was extracted with 6.1 and it was successful thereafter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To comment on the issue of files above....

Have an FTP on this server or have a download page. Wouldnt be hard to create.

I would advise to an FTP with the address in the forums so as to keep it semi private if thats your intentions.

akeogh
02-25-2003, 04:37 AM
Just a small problem with Tytools r6.1a. I noticed that the looping total rolls over at 4GiB. Whilst this should have no effect on the ty file being transferred, are there any other implications within the tool where 32 bit variables are being used?

The attached screenshot shows the o/p while the 10th block is being transferred looping total is 597 mbytes
Explorer reckons it is 4,781,056 KB and the telnet window shows that is 16% through the 10th block.

The tool and this whole conference is great, keep up the good work.

Any news on when your DVD release will be out?
Will it do the 32Kz to 48Kz resampling of the audio stream?

jdiner
02-25-2003, 06:55 PM
TyTool 6r2 went up in the binaries sticky just now. It has controls for using the VCD/SVCD pack sizes. Nothing much else new in there. Just the option to do that for those that are trying to go SVCD.

--jdiner

Rotten
02-25-2003, 08:10 PM
JDiner,

Just wondering if you could give me a quick update on the audio issue which was not fixed inthe last release. This is the one that requires re-encoding the audio stream.

Thanks

jdiner
02-26-2003, 03:28 AM
What specific audio issue are you talking about. There were several and I want to make sure I am on the same page before I make any kind of an answer.

--jdiner

02-26-2003, 10:04 AM
My procedure: I make the key file, cut file, mux then demux. If I use the 2 files in IFOedit I get a DVD with no audio. If I use besweet on the audio file I have no problems. I have a DTivo so the audio should already be 48. Someone else posted the problem is with the header in your file.

I am cutting the first minute or 2 (section before a movie on a premium channel). I'm not sure if that's what's causing the problem. Besweet fixes whatever is wrong with the audio.

Rotten
02-26-2003, 12:02 PM
The Audio problem is that if I take a muxed GOP Edited Mpeg and play it with say winDVD the total size of the mpeg may show 60 min even though it has been edited to 40 min. After demuxing and reencoding the audio only, then remux everything works great. WinDVD will now report the proper Length of 40 min.

Where this becomes important is that if you want to reencode the mpeg or go to divx or what ever. It will not work until audio is reencoded.

Sorry for rambling on...I do have a workaround using beSweet for the time being. I just think this is a bug.

jdiner
02-26-2003, 04:50 PM
It reports the full length because of how I chose to do. I did it that way to fix the problems with the DVD playback at the time.

There are no holes in my data/mpeg-2 files. But there are spots with no data. Which just roll through the decoder. I.e. PACKs that move the SCR on as needed but contain only padding data.

So a 1 hour show will run to the 1 hour length on the display of time. But every where there was a cut there will be a gap of 3-5 minutes that just seems to be skipped. Again this was done on purpose...

As for re-encoding the mpeg. What do you mean? My whole goal was for there to be no re-encoding so I don't do any?!!? So I am not sure what you mean.

--jdiner

Pr.Sinister
02-26-2003, 05:01 PM
It reports the full length because of how I chose to do. I did it that way to fix the problems with the DVD playback at the time.

There are no holes in my data/mpeg-2 files. But there are spots with no data. Which just roll through the decoder. I.e. PACKs that move the SCR on as needed but contain only padding data.

So a 1 hour show will run to the 1 hour length on the display of time. But every where there was a cut there will be a gap of 3-5 minutes that just seems to be skipped. Again this was done on purpose...

As for re-encoding the mpeg. What do you mean? My whole goal was for there to be no re-encoding so I don't do any?!!? So I am not sure what you mean.

--jdiner

Ok ! That explains a lot!

In another thread, we have come up with a way to make DVD's
with great looking menus out of the muxed mpegs we get from
vsplit/tytool.

If we use an MPEG that has cuts in the beginning and end, like
when you remove stuff from an HBO show, we have no problems.
The authored DVD works flawlessly.

If we use an MPEG with cuts in the middle, we have to demux
the file and remux it. If we don't and we author the DVD with
the files as-is when they come out of vsplit/tytool, the picture
freezes where the cut occured but the audio continues.

So we have to use that extra step of remuxing with TMPGEnc for
it to work properly.

Do you think that this is something that can be fixed on your
end or are we stuck doing that if we want to author DVDs with
menus from the cut MPEGs?

-Pr.

Pr.Sinister
02-26-2003, 05:05 PM
What's even weirder is if we take an MPEG from vsplit
and demux it with TMPGEnc, if we try to remux it, it will complain
that the audio is invalid.

If we convert from MP2 audio to MP2 audio in BeSweet, TMPGEnc
then accepts the audio file!

Welcome to the Twilight Zone...

-Pr.

Rotten
02-26-2003, 08:13 PM
This is also kind of my point. The file is illegal. In other words any player, or software package is going to come back complaining that the audio in invalid, not synced, or non existant.

Dont get me wrong the work that has been done by you is great! I am just not sure why you put an invalid audio strem in. After it is run thru BESweet all is fine so why not do that from the start?

It is probably my lack of knowledge but I produce great mpegs, DVDs w/ DVDWS, No menu DVDs with IFOedit, and even Divx encodings for cartoons from renencoding the audio from your wonderful work and remuxing it.

Thanks for listening......:)

jamesq97
02-26-2003, 09:41 PM
What is DVDWS?

Thanks.

glider
02-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Haven't seen anything about this - but is it possible to export the subtitling as well somehow ??

bato
02-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Yep the video is skipped fine in a normal mpg player on a PC, when you import that mpg into a program to create a DVD (without reencoding) or to reencode in some way (divx), those "gaps" are filled with audio, so we lost sync for about 3-5min (the gaps time) for every cut!

We are using TMPG simpre remux with the output mpg file from your tools to "fix" those 3-5min gaps. And as Rotten said the remuxed mpg show time properly cut (40 instead 60), keep sync, no reencode needed (just simpre mux) and can create DVDs with menus and multi-show with perfect sync that play in most players.

So if you can do something about that, we can work directly from the mpg files without remuxing it and do very good looking DVDs.

Thanks.

bato
02-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by jamesq97
What is DVDWS?

Thanks.

Ulead DVD WorkShop, latest version 1.3, trial version 1.2 good program, you can create a good DVD with menus from the mpg files that vsplitmux generate out from gopeditor, you just need to do some tweaking. Check this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21728)

bato
02-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by glider
Haven't seen anything about this - but is it possible to export the subtitling as well somehow ??
I believe there is a program called tivovbi (for vertical blank interrupt I guess) that can extract the closed caption from the tivo shows and then you can use that to create subtitles to be used for tools like DVD Maestro. I gues mbm (embeem) created that and you can search google and found more information about that.

The problem I see is when you cut commercials, some have CC some not. I guess is best to use it in premium channels and for movies, but I don't know how hard is to get the closed caption converted to subtitles to be used with Maestro.

jdiner
02-27-2003, 04:01 AM
Alright. Support for series2 streams is in vsplit and TyTool.

Working over a few other new features before making the next release.

At the moment the next release is not planned to have support for DVD direct output. But rather at this point what is planned is a few features to make peoples lives much easier.

1- Better support for audio type changes during mux'ing. Seemlessly move from LII to DD and back during muxing.

2- Support for Series2 streams, as mentioned.

3- Some fixes for the audio issues people have been seeing. I think I have figured out what was going wrong. And it was just me being dumb. I fixed a problem in the video and ignored the audio. (OOopppsss... :)

4- Some more reworking of the options for the networking code. There is still one more thing that can be done.

5- And depending on what is really going on, support for the audio transcoding on the fly so that VCD/SVCD will work directly.

For those that want DVD support check the new thread from me looking for volunteers.

--jdiner

KEC
02-27-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm very glad to hear that direct SVCD output is starting to appear in the near/mid term plans! I have wanted to archive 1/2 and 1 hour shows and SVCDs are perfect for that.

I have been creating SVCDs for years. Using the Philips SVCD authoring tools (legal and not replying to warez requests). Let me know if I can do anything to help.

bronco13
03-01-2003, 11:22 PM
I know that JDINER asked a few people to test out the new DVD code. I was interested to see how everything was going?

Can one of the lucky few provide some sort of status in terms of features, compatibility, progress, etc.???

zodiacal
03-02-2003, 12:29 AM
if i use avisynth with vsplitmux2's mpv/mpa output files. can i just put a statment in my .avs like this to fix the audio/video offsync:
DelayAudio(audio,audiovideooffsyncvalue)

.avs frame serving is WAY faster (3x) than VFAPIConv-EN.exe's AVI frame serving.

i will be programilcly reading the vsplitmux2.exe's .log file for the a/v offsync value and automaticly inserting it into a new .avs but is this really nessisary and would it work? its hard to tell if lips are insync after watching video's a few times i want to make it perfict for sure.
i will then use Cinema craft encoder SP to encode my .avs into a svcd .mpeg

jdiner
03-02-2003, 03:13 AM
I know that JDINER asked a few people to test out the new DVD code. I was interested to see how everything was going?

Can one of the lucky few provide some sort of status in terms of features, compatibility, progress, etc.???
No one has been notified yet either way. No testing has been done. I was working over a few things with Bubblelamp about the audio issues he and a few others were seeing and I found a major, yet simple bug. Kind of a shame when things like that slip through. I am working over the proper fix now and cleaning out a number of other small issues that have been reported to me.

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure it was right this time and now it is. Should be no more audio issues.

--jdiner

Mbarr
03-02-2003, 06:25 AM
OK- I'm on an OS X box, and dl'd the OSX version of vsplit. here's the verison reported:

jdiner 2.01 Alpha #13c - mux2b. It's from the binary area, posted on 2-13-03.

I got the PC version of vsplitmux2 from the GopEditor4.zip, which reports a verion of Apha #13c - mux2.

I'm also trying to use Gopeditor that was included in that package. SO:

Theoretically, i should be able to generate a key file on the mac, w/ a newer version of the vsplit, and have it work on the PC gopeditor, then do the muxing & cutting on the mac. I tried to generate the key file, and it was made.. but it kills gopeditor as soon as it's loaded, before showing anything on screen. With the newer code, I also don't get the ZZZ: stuff. (which was probably debuging code..)

I am, however, able to use the exact same ty file with the older pc vsplitmux2 and same command line ( program -k .ty .key .deadfile)
a valid key file, which works just fine..

Now, once I've done the edits, I'm ok.. The software mpeg players I have - mediaplayer on Win, and Quicktime MPEG-2 Component on OSX, have some issues w/ the newly muxed file, no matter which side makes it.. again, the same syntax on both systems..

SO: should I try the tytool 6(newest version) to make sure that it's not the ty file?

or is maybe just the mac version?

What information can I send/post that would be beneficial to trouble shooting?

(obviously, my mac handles this stuff *much* faster than the pc, and has much more HD space for this... I was doing it over a share, but to keep a fair game, i moved everything on the pc to a standard, no long file name folder : d:\test :-)

saltydog4791
03-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Mbarr
OK- I'm on an OS X box, and dl'd the OSX version of vsplit. here's the verison reported:

jdiner 2.01 Alpha #13c - mux2b. It's from the binary area, posted on 2-13-03.

I got the PC version of vsplitmux2 from the GopEditor4.zip, which reports a verion of Apha #13c - mux2.

I'm also trying to use Gopeditor that was included in that package. SO:

Theoretically, i should be able to generate a key file on the mac, w/ a newer version of the vsplit, and have it work on the PC gopeditor, then do the muxing & cutting on the mac. I tried to generate the key file, and it was made.. but it kills gopeditor as soon as it's loaded, before showing anything on screen. With the newer code, I also don't get the ZZZ: stuff. (which was probably debuging code..)

I am, however, able to use the exact same ty file with the older pc vsplitmux2 and same command line ( program -k .ty .key .deadfile)
a valid key file, which works just fine..

Now, once I've done the edits, I'm ok.. The software mpeg players I have - mediaplayer on Win, and Quicktime MPEG-2 Component on OSX, have some issues w/ the newly muxed file, no matter which side makes it.. again, the same syntax on both systems..

SO: should I try the tytool 6(newest version) to make sure that it's not the ty file?

or is maybe just the mac version?

What information can I send/post that would be beneficial to trouble shooting?

(obviously, my mac handles this stuff *much* faster than the pc, and has much more HD space for this... I was doing it over a share, but to keep a fair game, i moved everything on the pc to a standard, no long file name folder : d:\test :-)

I have the exact same problem. This frustrated the hell out of me the other day. God, I wish there was a more mature toolset for the mac. I do have patience though. :)

saltydog4791

fredisdead
03-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Jdiner:

I know that your blood pressure goes up every time this subject comes up, but I have been watching Niles posts with interest as I have the same/similar problem.

As background, I have been happily vsplitting and using DVDMaestro for months now, and have been very pleased with the results (I have over 100 burned DVD's with few problems). Occasionally I do see the Temporal Reference errors, and use analog capture on those 'Bad' tystreams per previous posts/discussions with you where you explain the nature of this error as a "normal' issue with tystreams and fussy authoring programs. This happens only 1 out of 10 or so recordings.

As I have followed the development of gopeditor and vsplitmux I have decided to move to 'cutting out' commercials rather than using Maestro to auto skip over chapters placed at the commercial breaks, this to save space and get more series episodes onto a single dvd.

Each time I have tried, I get perfectly synched working mpeg streams which run on my pc's, but I get temporal reference errors after demuxing and trying to import the 'edited/muxed/demuxed' elementary streams into DVDMaestro. It chokes where the first "cut" appears in the stream.

I have tried 4 ty streams, when using the latest tool set (tytool6r2,vsplitmux2b,gopeditor4) they all work fine if I just capture (tystream mode) split (using process single file) then import into maestro (the streams are 352x480 dtivo locals so no DVDPatcher required).

However, when I use capture (using tystream mode), make key file (using inline tytool/vsplitmux) gopeditor4, save cut file, mux (using inline tytool6r2) then demux (I have used both bbdmux and tmpgenc simple demux) I get the temporal reference error 100% of the time when I try to import into DVDMaestro. Again, the m2v cut/muxed files play fine on the PC no sync problems and great edit cuts.

It seems to me that something in the cut/mux process is creating the Temporal Refereence Errors, but I have been wrong! It seems to me that I have a similar problem to Niles as Spruce-UP uses the same engine as Maestro.

The source files are Star Trek Voyager episodes recorded off UPN 31 sacramento through local Dtivo feed (352x480) recorded in good weather (no holes reported but 1 - 2 OOB's)

I like to make useful menus on my dvd's so DVDMaestro has been my preferred tool over the IFOEdit family.

Help!

Config:

DTivo: Philips DSR6000; Extreme 2.5; 2x120g HDD, Turbonet, tserver_mfs6

PC: WinXP Pro, Tytool6r2, vsplitmux2b, gopeditor4, ati media player

Pr.Sinister
03-05-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by fredisdead

I like to make useful menus on my dvd's so DVDMaestro has been my preferred tool over the IFOEdit family.

Help!

Config:

DTivo: Philips DSR6000; Extreme 2.5; 2x120g HDD, Turbonet, tserver_mfs6

PC: WinXP Pro, Tytool6r2, vsplitmux2b, gopeditor4, ati media player

I won't rest until everyone at least TRIES different tools. Maestro
is extremely powerful but you must have perfect streams. If you
want to use the muxed output from TyTool, read this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21728)

We've been able to create awesome DVD's with killer menus
without worrying about Temporal Errors.

-Pr.

jdiner
03-06-2003, 07:24 PM
New versions of both vsplit and TyTool have been released.

They specifical target the remaining audio bugs people were dealing with. At this point everything should be good on the audio front.

They are released in the bin's sticky thread in this forum as always.

Good luck, and let me know if you run into any problems.

--jdiner

Neutronflux
03-07-2003, 02:31 AM
Josh, your work speaks for itself - we all appreciate it -- a big thank you from all of us.

saltydog4791
03-07-2003, 03:11 AM

They specifical target the remaining audio bugs people were dealing with. At this point everything should be good on the audio front.

They are released in the bin's sticky thread in this forum as always.

--jdiner

Hey Josh,

First off, you're doing a great job. I am almost exclusively a Mac OS X user and I am working on a shell script that will do my entire workflow with the exception of the GOPeditor which at this point is Windoze only. I, and I think someone else pointed it out as well, cannot get key files generated by the mac_vsplit to work at all in GOPeditor. It crashes it every time. This new version doesn't work either. Do you know why that is?

Also, are there any plans for a GOPeditor port to OS X? I don't know if it's even possible. I don't know much about programming, but I am curious. Thanks for any wisdom or insight you can provide. I will be out of town for the weekend but I will eagerly check your reply on Sunday night when I get back.

saltydog4791

eobiont
03-08-2003, 07:27 PM
I think it would be fairly eazy for me to write a OS X GOPEditor using QuickTime and AppleScript. However there will not be a way for me to add in the tenths, hundredths and thousandths of a second. I might be able to get very close by entering in HH:MM:SS.frame number/frames per second but this wouldn't be exact. I'm guessing that since the key file is generated that those numbers are provided in the key file by vsplit not simply computed by the GOPEditor. Given that a QuickTime/AppleScript could come close, would it be possible to get vsplit to do the cut somehow based on the break following closest to the HH:MM:SS.Frame number/frames per second rather than taking the exact number? My idea is that you would have quicktime open to the .mpg and then use an applescript program I would write to record the in and out points to a text file in the format that vsplit is expecting. Is this feasable?

bato
03-08-2003, 08:02 PM

--jdiner
I tested your new vsplitmux2c and have the same problem with audio in cut point.

The resulting mpg from your tools works great in PowerDVD, after importing that mpg into other tool to create a DVD with menus (MovieFactory2 or DVD Workshop), then the resulting VOB have problems, at the cut the video stop and the audio continues for about the same time that the commecial cut.

I have 2 clip files with the same frames from the mpg and from the vob (they are 7mb and 12mb) that show what the problem is, if I can upload them so you can take a look, then you can understand the problem better.

If I simple mux in TMPGEnc the mpg prior to importing then the vob works great. Just want to know if you can change something so we don't need to use TMPGEnc in the process to make great DVDs with menus with your tools and MF2/DVDWS.

Thanks.

ronnythunder
03-08-2003, 11:03 PM
ok, i have a dumb question. when using vsplitmux, it seems that use of the -c option requires -m, that is, you can't use a cut list and have seperate m2v and m2a files. why is that? i use two main methods of ty -> dvd:

1. ty -> vsplitmux -k -> goeditor -> vsplitmux -c -m -> dvdpatcher -> dvdmf -> nero
2. ty -> tydemux -> ifoedit -> nero

option 1 is when i want to do multiple shows and whack commercials. option 2 is for a movie or other show without commercials. as weird as it sounds, i'd like to use ifoedit sometimes in method 1, but it requires seperate m2v and m2a.

ronny

DgtHorse
03-08-2003, 11:05 PM
nice question ronnythunder i in fact was comming to ask the same question? how can i use vsplit to get a simply m2v and m2a file??

ronnythunder
03-08-2003, 11:08 PM
ah, so maybe it wasn't a dumb question!

you can get m2c and m2a if you don't use -c and -m, but of course, that means no cutlist.

maybe josh can weigh in on why the tool works this way.

ronny

DgtHorse
03-09-2003, 02:23 AM
Yes but what if i use the cut file any way for an m2v and m2a for me to use in TMPGEnc??

ronnythunder
03-09-2003, 04:42 PM
when i try -c without -m, it just ignores the cutlist and makes m2v and m2a as if the -c wasn't specified.

ronny

jdiner
03-09-2003, 05:05 PM
What's even weirder is if we take an MPEG from vsplit
and demux it with TMPGEnc, if we try to remux it, it will complain
that the audio is invalid.

If we convert from MP2 audio to MP2 audio in BeSweet, TMPGEnc
then accepts the audio file!

Pr.Sinister & Rotten:

Check out the latest releases of things. The reason there were issues where that I forgot to do something with the cutting dealing with the audio. I fixed it a very long time ago with the video and just spaced doing the audio.

Things should be good now. The beta testers I have been using on all of this have reported that the clipping, popping, and other issues they had going to DVD have been solved with this release. No more re-encoding should be needed.

--jdiner

jdiner
03-09-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by saltydog4791
Hey Josh,

First off, you're doing a great job. I am almost exclusively a Mac OS X user and I am working on a shell script that will do my entire workflow with the exception of the GOPeditor which at this point is Windoze only. I, and I think someone else pointed it out as well, cannot get key files generated by the mac_vsplit to work at all in GOPeditor. It crashes it every time. This new version doesn't work either. Do you know why that is?

Also, are there any plans for a GOPeditor port to OS X? I don't know if it's even possible. I don't know much about programming, but I am curious. Thanks for any wisdom or insight you can provide. I will be out of town for the weekend but I will eagerly check your reply on Sunday night when I get back.

I am working on the key issue right now. I don't get it. The source is identical between the other unix platforms. I am doing a byte/byte comp right now between a unix run and a mac run to see what the differences really are. Hopefully will have a working version out today for the mac users.

--jdiner

Mbarr
03-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Jdiner- If you need any sample streams, or conversions- pm me.

Matthew

jdiner
03-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Oh wow. The problem is big ending versus little endian issue... I had not thought of that until someone here had issues. Strange what part of the whole thing it chose to effect.

The body data is written correctly. On my PC I see the first frame from the mac output just fine in GopEditor. But then it just hangs when I tried to move to another frame. Do to how I had written things.

Anyway here is a version for the mac that solves the problem so that the key files can be used on the PC's GOPEditor.

--jdiner

bato
03-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Things should be good now. The beta testers I have been using on all of this have reported that the clipping, popping, and other issues they had going to DVD have been solved with this release. No more re-encoding should be needed.

--jdiner
Maybe you need more beta testers? ;)

Pr.Sinister found a way to create great DVDs with menus without re-encoding, the only thing we need to do is a simple remux from the muxed file vsplitmux generate (I found the problem and I found this solution).

I tested your latest and still have problems, I have a couple of clips to show you the problem, maybe there is something wierd in my end but I don't know.

If Pr.Sinister test it and have no need to simple multiplex with TMPGEnc then I'll be sure that I'm the problem.

So Pr.Sinister, time to test some more :D

Pr.Sinister
03-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Maybe you need more beta testers? ;)

Pr.Sinister found a way to create great DVDs with menus without re-encoding, the only thing we need to do is a simple remux from the muxed file vsplitmux generate (I found the problem and I found this solution).

I tested your latest and still have problems, I have a couple of clips to show you the problem, maybe there is something wierd in my end but I don't know.

If Pr.Sinister test it and have no need to simple multiplex with TMPGEnc then I'll be sure that I'm the problem.

So Pr.Sinister, time to test some more :D

Hehehe...i actually did on Friday night.... but my test audience
wasn't too happy... I made the DVD intending to test it but totally
space out and when my friends came over, i popped in the DVD
and the 1st 2 shows (Da Ali G Show) were flawless since there
were cuts only at the beginning and end. But when we got to
Bernie Mac and Jamie Kennedy, i got booed out of my own living
room! :D

So no it's not just you... we still need to remux..

-Pr.

bato
03-09-2003, 09:49 PM
i got booed out of my own living
room! :D
oh man, thats bad, time to get new friends :D

Rotten
03-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Remuxing is still needed exactly as it was before.

Rotten
03-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Please add one of us to your Beta test team. This issue is not fixed. We can also provide some valuable info as we take this to its limit.

snoopy
03-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Rotten
Remuxing is still needed exactly as it was before.

I agree. I have not found a way to go to DVD without loosing sync unless re-encoding is done

bato
03-10-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by snoopy
I agree. I have not found a way to go to DVD without loosing sync unless re-encoding is done
For me re-encode means a process that can take anything from 4-6 hrs where the video information is transformed into another resolution/bitrate.

Simple remux in TMPGEnc, is a process that can take anything from 4-6 minutes where basicaly only the headers in an already muxed file are changed to "fix" a problem somewhere in the mpg.

We do not re-encode the mpg, we keep it just as vsplitmux create it, only some headers are changed by TMPGEnc.

The idea to go from GOPEditor/vsplitmux to DVD is 0% re-encoding. AFAIK Pr.Sinister started this, then I helped a little, BubbleLamp, and many others are making DVDs with menus with this process.

We only hope jdiner can do something about this so the process from the resulting mpg to DVD with menus will only be:
mpg - patch - DVD author - patch
without the simple multiplex step for every mpg that we want to use.

I'm waiting for DVDLab, I hope we can use that to create DVDs, maybe it will be better than MF2 and DVDWS.

jdiner
03-10-2003, 04:03 AM
OK. For the record. Everyone listening this time?

I never once mentioned the remux stage. Go back and look again. That may be what you are looking at but the PM sent to me about this thread and the current issue pointed to you 2 and mentioned audio issues. I WAS AND STILL AM LOOKING AT THE AUDIO ITSELF!!! Not the mux'ing of it.

There was a bug that led to "popping/skipping" when lsmod, and several mac users burned a DVD. I tracked down the issue and found some very wild things happening in obscure cases. These were fixed. Even more were fixed today. Some of these slipped under my radar for various reasons. Primarily just that they are so rare.

The re-mux'ing stage is not something I have looked at. I have yet to even attempt to burn a DVD in the methods you are all talking about. I have taken a completely different approach...

I am sorry this seems to be taking so long. But it is hard to even get some of these things figured out and working. And everyone has a different wish list that is important to them.

--jdiner

jdiner
03-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Further I have stated over and over again that importing things into other tools is problematic at best. In many cases impossible.

While I am glad there is some success out there, and honestly there is more than I expected, it is nothing something I am going to add a "magic-if" to the program to fix it in one fell swoop.

With every fix we get closer. But it does take time.

--jdiner

03-10-2003, 08:46 AM
OK. For the record. Everyone listening this time?
. I have yet to even attempt to burn a DVD in the methods you are all talking about. I have taken a completely different approach...

I am sorry this seems to be taking so long. But it is hard to even get some of these things figured out and working. And everyone has a different wish list that is important to them.

--jdiner

Jdiner--Could you please tell us what method of DVD burning you use (or have tested). Presumably that would work well with your muxed files.

Some of us might want to try our favorite programs, but a good starting point for us would be whatever program and steps you tell us works well.

bato
03-10-2003, 10:25 AM
The re-mux'ing stage is not something I have looked at. I have yet to even attempt to burn a DVD in the methods you are all talking about. I have taken a completely different approach...
Thanks jdiner, that explains a lot. When you mentioned BubbleLamp and audio problem I guessed it was about the process we are doing to make DVDs.

Now that you make it clear, we still have the 16 steps to DVD with menus that Pr.Sinister post in other thread, it works great.

I'm waiting for DVDLab (mediachance website) and hope we can add that to the process (look good, price good) replacing MF2 and DVDWS with it. Hey, maybe we can help the developer to make it work :D

DgtHorse
03-10-2003, 11:06 AM
wehn you guys talk about simple remux what do you mean it takes me an hour and a half for a 30 minute show in TMPGEnc and this is a 2.4 Ghz system with 512 RDRam. Is it possible to make a simple remux in TMPGEnc, i resample the video rate in TMPGEnc in order to fit 2 30 minute shows on an SVCD. How may i go about simple remuxing

bato
03-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DgtHorse
wehn you guys talk about simple remux what do you mean it takes me an hour and a half for a 30 minute show in TMPGEnc and this is a 2.4 Ghz system with 512 RDRam. Is it possible to make a simple remux in TMPGEnc, i resample the video rate in TMPGEnc in order to fit 2 30 minute shows on an SVCD. How may i go about simple remuxing
In TMPGEnc I believe is:
File - MPEG Tools - Simple Multiplexing, then change MPEG1 to MPEG2 in the drop down menu, select input video your mpg (example.mpg) select input audio same (example.mpg) and output to another name (example-mux.mpg). Where example.mpg is the file with audio and video muxed by GOPeditor/vsplitmux2c process.

It will take less than 5 minutes to do it in your system for a 30min show (without commecials).

Basicaly TMPGEnc will check the files, mux the video part from example.mpg with the audio part of example.mpg (I know is the same file) and then rewrite headers (I guess this step is what we need to "fix" our audio problem when the mpg is used in another tool).

BubbleLamp
03-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks jdiner, that explains a lot. When you mentioned BubbleLamp and audio problem I guessed it was about the process we are doing to make DVDs.

Now that you make it clear, we still have the 16 steps to DVD with menus that Pr.Sinister post in other thread, it works great.

I'm waiting for DVDLab (mediachance website) and hope we can add that to the process (look good, price good) replacing MF2 and DVDWS with it. Hey, maybe we can help the developer to make it work :D

It seems I have also contributed to the misunderstanding about what was being fixed, but it looks like Josh and I were referring to different audio problems. Apologies all around if I misspoke.

Pr.Sinister
03-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
It seems I have also contributed to the misunderstanding about what was being fixed, but it looks like Josh and I were referring to different audio problems. Apologies all around if I misspoke.

Ya i tought the same when i learned you were explaining about
audio problems...

Hehehe...

jdiner
03-11-2003, 04:14 AM
It would seem I also need to apologize. I had not realized there were still so many audio issues. What I was working on was popping that start and remains consistent after a cut. Sometimes cleaning up but normally staying to the very end of the stream.

I found out why and it was a mistake made on my part. Just something that slipped through the cracks.

I am sorry if I have sounded frustrated lately. I have been. By the constant attacks by some here, the constant problems with the NowShowing.tcl script, and issues unrelated to the Tivo.

I will be posting tomorrow a full description of what I did to make what I was working on work. It is just going to take a few posts to get it all down and I am going to bed. It is after 1:30am here and I have had a long day. :(

--jdiner

captain_video
03-11-2003, 02:38 PM
You've got no need to apologize, Josh. You've been busting your ass to help everyone here and we greatly appreciate everything you've done for us. Don't stress yourself out working on your project. Sometimes you just need to step back and take a break. Don't worry, we won't suffer if you take some extra time to complete it. If people are griping about it then screw 'em. They're not the ones doing the work.

I would like to voice one observation so take it for what it's worth. You might want to consider including a readme file with a history of each revision and the files required to support each one. If a new NowShowing.tcl file is released with a revision it would be nice to know which version it was released with. The program has gone through so many iterations that it's getting difficult to keep up with the changes. Otherwise, I have to agree about including all necessary files in the zip file that support the latest release. Not a gripe, just a friendly suggestion. I think it would help tone down the griping, especially from any newbies.

snoopy
03-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by captain_video
You've got no need to apologize, Josh. You've been busting your ass to help everyone here and we greatly appreciate everything you've done for us. Don't stress yourself out working on your project. Sometimes you just need to step back and take a break. Don't worry, we won't suffer if you take some extra time to complete it. If people are griping about it then screw 'em. They're not the ones doing the work.

I would like to voice one observation so take it for what it's worth. You might want to consider including a readme file with a history of each revision and the files required to support each one. If a new NowShowing.tcl file is released with a revision it would be nice to know which version it was released with. The program has gone through so many iterations that it's getting difficult to keep up with the changes. Otherwise, I have to agree about including all necessary files in the zip file that support the latest release. Not a gripe, just a friendly suggestion. I think it would help tone down the griping, especially from any newbies.

I completely agree with everything Captain Video has just stated. It could not have been better put.

kurtm
03-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Okay, I've avoided making this kind of post, but it seems Josh could use to hear some more encouragement instead of the bitching that he's getting the most of right now.

Josh, you've been doing INCREDIBLE work. Yes, lately you've found some bugs you've felt were dumb, but that happens to any of us who have programmed.

You are making huge strides with TyTool. I'm loving it. I'm excited about the possibility of the on-the-fly upsampling of audio for SA TiVos because that's the last step I'd like (I was going to say need, but I'm seeing if my manual upsampling with BeSweet bears fruit). But, you know what? I can wait. You're making this available for FREE to people and you have a life outside of it. I haven't posted a "Go Josh!" post yet because while I do feel that you deserve lots of them, I figured they add to the noise you must filter through before getting work done.

So, while the whining my be more visible, keep in mind that there are those like me, who appreciate your work and will patiently wait for you to get the work done at YOUR pace and to YOUR satisfaction. Myself, I know it'll be worth the wait =)

--Kurt

jjjones
03-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Josh,

Keep up the good work. We need you and certianly appreciate what you have done to advance the hobby.

Don't interpret the distressed comments you received as critical of you and requiring an apology. Many people in the extraction community have opted for your product and eagerly await each new release. Sometimes this eagerness translates poorly.

jj

snoopy
03-11-2003, 07:15 PM
I second that.

captain_video
03-11-2003, 08:31 PM
OK, all together now -

WE LOVE YOU, MAN!!!

Milo
03-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Hear, hear! 2c cleared up the last of my audio problems, and has introduced a new one - how the heck do I free some of the 250GB of disk this insidious thing has helped me fill up? :)

Three cheers for Josh!

sky12
03-11-2003, 11:06 PM
OK, all together now -

WE LOVE YOU, MAN!!!

I'm not sure about love, how about admire?
(could you imagine a bunch of geeky guys with little TiVo stuffies in their car stalking you? :) )

Greg

jdiner
03-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Check the new TyTool thread. I am going to be closing this one and moving things together into 1 thread for the next push. Just makes sense now that it is all caught up.

Lots to do with the DVD stuff, and some audio issues to track down.

But for now I am taking the night off. It's my birthday and it's time to party. Getting frickin old... :)

--jdiner

Pr.Sinister
03-12-2003, 01:06 AM
Check the new TyTool thread. I am going to be closing this one and moving things together into 1 thread for the next push. Just makes sense now that it is all caught up.

Lots to do with the DVD stuff, and some audio issues to track down.

But for now I am taking the night off. It's my birthday and it's time to party. Getting frickin old... :)

--jdiner

Happy birthday man!

Go, go, go, go
Go, go, go shawty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

PS. That's 50 Cent's "In Da Club" for all you non Hip-Hoppers out there... :D

Stephen
03-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Go party hard and have a shot for each one of your years young that you are..... I know I am new to this but greatly apprecite everything that you have given to this hobby...... We (all of us) thank you for everything that you have done to help us.

Neutronflux
03-13-2003, 03:21 PM
Josh - you straight up rock - hope you had a great time last night on your birthday! Don't get down on yourself!

Happy Birthday!

edpuffmonster
03-13-2003, 07:45 PM
--jdiner

I'll drink one for ya, old man!

jdiner
03-22-2003, 03:56 PM
The source code for tserver_mfs has been released in the bin/howto sticky thread.

Just an FYI really.

--jdiner

akeogh
03-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Your readme suggests that you have released the source for tserver_mfs5 rather than mfs6.

If that is correct then can you give some clues as to what changed for mfs6?

My thoughts at present are that a version of mfs6 that supported rc105's .tmf would be a useful archiving format.

Of course this could well be superceded once TyStudio appears on the scene or even your DVD verson of mfstools but being a cautious individual .tmf has its attractions at this point in time

BTW I think you and the other creators in this forum are doing a great job and speaking as a professional s/w development manager I hope that you are not put off by some of the criticism and backbiting that I have read in the many threads of this forum.

BUT please remember ..... a focused team is always more powerful than the sum of the individuals that make up that team.

Best wishes

Andy

snoopy
03-22-2003, 05:13 PM
duplicate
delete me :(

snoopy
03-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by akeogh
BTW I think you and the other creators in this forum are doing a great job and speaking as a professional s/w development manager I hope that you are not put off by some of the criticism and backbiting that I have read in the many threads of this forum.

I CONCUR:

Hats off to jdiner and other beta testers for such wonderfull work!

lmurray
03-23-2003, 07:20 AM
The source code for tserver_mfs has been released in the bin/howto sticky thread.

I can just see the new threads....

I'm trying to get tserver to compile to on my [insert generic pvr here] and I'm getting an error.....

:)

-lloyd-

akeogh
03-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by rc3105
er, just to keep everything above board.... the alt.org regulars brainstormed the tmf format & tivodvlpr actually implemented tivoweb-tmf extract first.

I implemented ftp ul/dl functionality because that made more sense than writing / supporting a custom interface app for each possible client platform.

--
Riley

Thanks for the history lesson :) As a recent member to this forum I have only looked at a few of the historical threads as you and others have been busy over the year(s)

Andy

akeogh
03-23-2003, 01:29 PM

tytool tmf extract would be fine by me (I actually allready tweaked the tytool nowshowing script to do that last fall) or a tytool varient that connected to a mfs_ftp or mfs_ftp_pc server.

compared to a nice ftp client tytool is kinda lame, but since on-the-fly ty-mpg conversion is hard to come by in regular ftp clients that would be a nice tool for the community. if gopeditor were rolled in similiar to TyStudio_Edit that'd be pretty cool.

--
Riley

Its just me being selfish as Tytools downloads fine without disturbing Tivo. That way I do not have the family complaining.

I have noted the comments from others about SETPRI so I will try that and see if I still have an issue.

Andy

bato
03-24-2003, 03:18 AM
I found the problem with the audio and how TMPGEnc fix it so Pr.Sinister step by step works. The problem is: audio PTS error.

The output from GOPeditor/vsplitmux when you use mpeg2vcr "mpeg gop fixer" option, it will show 3 types of errors, number 2 is audio PTS error, the process start showing 0 errors up until the first commercial cut, then it start displaying many errors.

The same file after we put it into TMPGEnc simple multiplex and then again the "mpeg gop fixer" option in mpeg2vcr it shows 0 audio PTS errors as the final result.

So maybe you can check that and then Pr.Sinister can eliminate step 6 and 7 (and the use of TMPGEnc) from his step by step.

bato
03-24-2003, 03:48 AM
After more analysis, I guess that you can also fix GOP timecode errors. Maybe some data is missing like explained by Gruph here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=90745&#post90745)

If I fix GOP timecode errors with mpeg2vcr after simple multiplex with TMPGEnc, then MovieFactory let me select much faster the file for importing.

jdiner
03-24-2003, 05:18 AM
I have a version that should be out tomorrow that fixes a ton of things and that is one of them.

I no longer need to remux any of my test clips to get it to work.

--jdiner

snoopy
03-24-2003, 11:07 AM
I have a version that should be out tomorrow that fixes a ton of things and that is one of them.

I no longer need to remux any of my test clips to get it to work.

--jdiner

No need to require a deadline for yourself Josh. You are doing wonderful work. We can all be patient. Thanks again!

rd001
03-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Looking forward to the new version. I've been so happy with Tytool and my success with the older versions that I've been too lazy to install the newer ones.

I'm just spoiled. You've made it all so easy for me, Josh. But I'm looking forward to this next release and will probably start running it after you release it. Some great work you've done here.

I would kind of like the Ty-tar format if that isn't a lot of work. Some way to keep the guide's description and to manipulate our tystream's using all the tools in the arsenal. But I'm not going to lose any sleep over that minor issue. Some convergence between the various projects isn't a bad thing.

I kind of like Riley's comments about going to an FTP-based client but I really don't want to burden my Tivo with a lot of extra software. Too bad his work is tied up so heavily with Tivoweb stuff. If he was doing a standalone client with script on the Tivo, I'd see a single unified extractor as a very positive development so that the extraction and networking could be put under one development team and you and Olaf could move on into editing/stream correction/VOB generation/etc. Your work so far on all of this has been amazing but it would be nice if the whole extraction/networking issue was encapsulated and supported by a separate team. I think it would benefit your project and Olaf's too. Just a thought.

Thanks for posting your mfs_server source code. That was very generous of you.

AlphaWolf
03-24-2003, 03:42 PM
it's called vserver, was done by tridge, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why jdiner/olaf don't simply use it.... (more fun to write your own I spose)

--
Riley

Well, both of theirs are vserver, only modified to add functionality. Not sure what functionality jdiner adds exactly, but olaf adds the remote indexing stuff, as well as adapting it to work over a std telnet session.

zodiacal
03-24-2003, 03:46 PM
have you added a audio converter to vsplitmux2 for SA owners? to change the hz from tivo's standard(33hz) to dvd standard (44 or 48 which is it btw?)?

jdiner
03-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by zodiacal
have you added a audio converter to vsplitmux2 for SA owners? to change the hz from tivo's standard(33hz) to dvd standard (44 or 48 which is it btw?)?

Yes. It has been added but not released yet.

--jdiner

rd001
03-25-2003, 10:58 AM
wow, you really DO need to work on that reading comprehension. ;) mfs_ftp has nothing to do with tivoweb. doesn't require it in any way.Ok! I'll try it then. Tonight. Yah, my reading comprehension is obviously dropping.

it's overhead is basically zero except when it's actually transferring video. I haven't optomized insert/extract cpu loading much because with setpri it's never caused a problem here - even at 5 meg second across the fibre optic cards.Sounds very good. Maybe you'll whip up some cool stuff for Xbox extraction or even streaming. X-Box convergence would be very very cool.

Regarding a standardized extraction/networking solution, I really would like to encourage Josh and Olaf to look at trying to go to a standard extraction/networking server on the Tivo, perhaps with a plugin capability for running Olaf's indexer. The work on extraction/networking could then be localized and tested. We're seeing quite a bit of duplication of effort. No need for it. Josh and Olaf should be doing the cutting edge stuff. I just think it would be a great solution if it could be made to work for both projects. I think it would be helpful for the users too, to be able to use the same extraction software regardless of the other video processing software they're using. But that's just my puny opinion.

bato
03-26-2003, 11:27 AM
it's 48000 what DVD uses

zodiacal
03-27-2003, 03:28 AM
when do you think the audio conversion function will be released?

03-27-2003, 11:30 AM
jdiner--Having tried other extraction programs I'm impressed with the speed and stability of tytools. BTW in my case the updated turbonet drivers made a signficant improvement. Your interface for the editor lends itself to fast editing.

I understand VOB creation may take a while. It would be helpful in the short term if you could output demuxed files for use by IFOeidt and/or could "fix" your output files so SpruceUp could use them.

There are some problem ty files that work better with tystudio (and some that seem to work better with your tools).

We are all benefiting from the great amount of work and effort by both you and Olaf's team.

I want to publically all for some very useful tools.

bato
03-27-2003, 01:39 PM
when do you think the audio conversion function will be released?
I guess jdiner will release new versions soon, but I don't know if that will include audio conversion. When I need to do audio conversions I use BeSweet, I read that is not the best but works for me.

luv2hack
03-29-2003, 10:36 PM
I did not see a reply to this vsplit error:

I am having the same problem. Any thoughts??

Robert

rd001
03-31-2003, 09:54 AM
I tried recording Wrestlemania XIX last night, 4 hours long.

In Tytool6r3, it is reported in "Now Playing:" as 1206MB. But after that, it shows 20 FSIDs, indicating it is actually more like 10.24GB.

Obviously, something is a little wrong with the calculation for extremely long recordings in the Now Playing list or in the script. I'm extracting it anyway and expect the extraction will work but thought I'd report this very minor "bug". Hardly worth mentioning really.

I also noticed that the "looping total" doesn't handles files larger than 4GB correctly. I am currently at 4.8GB and Tytool says "looping total = 800MB (4200 seconds)".

I guess there's a calculation for Now Playing and for "looping total" that is only a 32-bit variable and so it wraps around at the 4GB limit for such variables.

For those who might say that it isn't a problem because we can't burn files this big on DVD conveniently, I'd point out that you can author it up in DvdMaestro and then use Dvd2One to quickly reduce it to an appropriate size. At least, you can with 720x480 streams from a commercial DVD. I'm going to see if Dvd2One will resize DTivo streams as well.

Fugg
03-31-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by luv2hack

Try jumping over the first few chunks when you process the file:

let's say 10 chunks for example:

vsplitmux2c -j10 yourfile.ty yourfile.mpv yourfile.mpa

...and don't forget the -s if it's a standalone file!!;)

Originally posted by rd001
... Obviously, something is a little wrong with the calculation for extremely long recordings in the Now Playing list or in the script. I'm extracting it anyway and expect the extraction will work but thought I'd report this very minor "bug". Hardly worth mentioning really.

If you have problems with long ones, just extract a few fsids at a time. As a matter of fact, I'd suggest doing that way anyway, as it makes the files one hell of a lot smaller and eaisier to work with.:)

also posted by rd001
For those who might say that it isn't a problem because we can't burn files this big on DVD conveniently, I'd point out that you can author it up in DvdMaestro and then use Dvd2One to quickly reduce it to an appropriate size. At least, you can with 720x480 streams from a commercial DVD. I'm going to see if Dvd2One will resize DTivo streams as well.

Are there thost "who might say that" and never knowest the joy of having a three and a half hour movie on a hand madeth dvd? I would hopeth ney, as they would be acknowledging defeat and that is just not the way'eth of our leigons!

clank! the sound of mugs of meade clanking together in revelry
;)

Frogbutt
04-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Where do you dl the tytool files? The only file thats listed in the thread "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only" is the tytool.exe. Where do you get the nowshowing.tcl and all the rest up todate.

Fugg
04-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Frogbutt
Where do you dl the tytool files? ...
they are in the proper threads, but they're scattered through them.

in a thread a week or so ago, i posted some links to some stuff folks were looking for. It's a repeat of other posts, but i stuck the pointers in there for the heck of it.;)

here's the link:
http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=90072&highlight=stuff#post90072

i try to keep it updated, even though it's floating back into history. i keep a bookmark to it in my browser for convience since i seem to be wiping my system every three days lately for some reason and it's a handy list to hit and get them all at one shot.

if you can think of some other links that could go in there, let me know and i'll add them.

although i've been told a list there is just pointless....;)

Frogbutt
04-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Thats helpfull but I still couldnt find the upto date tytool files that go on the tivo, the TyTool6r3.exe is just the program that runs on the pc theres two files that go on the tivo itself im looking for. I quickly went though the 12 pages on the "MUX'ing, VSplit, and related tools. #3" thread and didnt see them there or in the 3 page "Dtivo Video extraction, splitting, and muxing - Scripts, programs, and How-to's only" thread. Im probably just going over them and not seeing the link but if anyone has the thread page they are in that would help.

osetivo
04-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Look in the tytool6r1a.zip file in this thread

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8092&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Fugg
04-02-2003, 11:25 PM
sorry Frogbutt, it's there now...

jdiner
04-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Sorry I have been silent for so long. I have been working over a great many things. Much better now all around. I have finalized the DVD support including menu creation. So get ready. There is a lot to come in the next few days.

--jdiner

snoopy
04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Sorry I have been silent for so long. I have been working over a great many things. Much better now all around. I have finalized the DVD support including menu creation. So get ready. There is a lot to come in the next few days.

--jdiner

No rush. Thank you for such wonderful work!

protodep
04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
I have finalized the DVD support including menu creation. So get ready.

Menu creation?!? AWESOME!

jdiner: without having this turned into a fundamental debate (I've read much, if not all of the history re: tytool and this subject), where do you currently stand in making your suite of tools free software, as defined by The Free Software Definition (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html)? I ask because I'm a proponent of free software (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) and would love to see DVD authoring capabilities such as menu creation available as the aforementioned software sooner rather than later.

TIA,
dep

digitalAir
04-09-2003, 07:12 PM
protodep,

There are threads upon threads and posts upon posts regarding this dioblical subject... perhaps it would be better for you to read through those debates (I use that term loosely), rather than rehash it again in here...

protodep
04-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by digitalAir
There are threads upon threads and posts upon posts regarding this dioblical subject... perhaps it would be better for you to read through those debates (I use that term loosely), rather than rehash it again in here...

Maybe you missed the part in my small post that stated I already sifted through the history (I've lurked for many months). I also stated I had no intention of turning this into another one of those debates (i.e. inflammatory posts). To say this is a diabolical subject is absurd; I'm merely seeking an answer, not necessarily a discussion. If there is a problem with this topic, I'm sure it will be made clear. That's what moderators are for.

digitalAir
04-10-2003, 01:36 AM
now, now... I didn't intend to boil anyone's blood...

This just happens to be a very sore spot (quite the touchy subject) in reguards to this software in particlar... hence the "diabolical" adjective... (I did not mean it to sound like I was saying Open Source or Free Software was diabolical)

To explain myself... The wording of your question led me to believe that you had not read all there was on the subject in reguards to jdiner's sw, because he has made it quite clear that he will release it "when it is ready". And he gets to determine when "it is ready"... Such is the perks of being him... :)

again, my apologies for coming across as harsh...

04-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Digital Air, I read the post the same way you did (the cynical part of me wonders if it's an alternate identity of someone else).

Prodep carefully crafted his post. A person reading the post (without reading his link) will get the wrong idea. The normal useage of free is without paying for the pogram.

Prodep is really asking if Jdnier is planning to release the source code. I give you credit for a very well worded post but but all you're doing is rehasing an issue that has already been debated to date.

Some people want Jdnier to release his source code and are constantly sniping when it's not released under their terms. If you don't like the terms under which Jdnier is making the software available DON'T USE IT.

I can appreciate that if Jdnier used the works of others than THOSE PEOPLE can take their problems up with Jdnier.

protodep
04-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by newbie
(the cynical part of me wonders if it's an alternate identity of someone else).

This sounds like an attempt to discredit the validity of my post.

Prodep carefully crafted his post. A person reading the post (without reading his link) will get the wrong idea.

I hope you're not implying my post was designed to be misleading. IMO, a person reading the post and not paying attention to detail (e.g. poor reading comprehension) will get the wrong idea. BTW, it's "Protodep".

The normal useage of free is without paying for the pogram.

Now you're just testing my patience. I think you're confusing the definition of "freeware" (found here (http://m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=freeware))with the definition of "free software" (found here (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/free-sw.html)). I suggest you educate yourself on the subject before continuing any further discussion on it (and this isn't the place for it).

Prodep is really asking if Jdnier is planning to release the source code. I give you credit for a very well worded post but but all you're doing is rehasing an issue that has already been debated to date.

Do not attempt to put words in my mouth by inaccurately interpreting "what I'm really asking." My question was concise so this kind of crap could be avoided. I asked jdiner, not you or anyone else, the question.

Some people want Jdnier to release his source code and are constantly sniping when it's not released under their terms. If you don't like the terms under which Jdnier is making the software available DON'T USE IT.

I can appreciate that if Jdnier used the works of others than THOSE PEOPLE can take their problems up with Jdnier.

<SARCASM>Thanks for that enlightening piece of information. It is so helpful. </SARCASM>
And you think your post was not a re-hash? Fanatical responses such as yours are largely responsible for the other posts you've referred to turning into flames. Chill.

Hopefully, this added clutter won't detract from my original question to jdiner.

dlang
04-10-2003, 08:33 PM
protodep,
there was a significant difference between what you thought you were asking and what others (including me) thought you were asking.

the last time people started this flamewar jdiner got really upset and said that he wouldn't release his code simpley becouse peoplewere pestering him so much about it. since then he seems to have calmed down, but has not announce what he intends to do. he is very aware of the various options he's had them slammed in his face frequently enough) but hasn't said what he intends to do.

unfortunantly by brining the issue up again you catch a lot of the flack from people who have seen the effects of teh previous flamewars and want to stop any new ones as quickly as possible

jdiner
04-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Had a last minute emergency at work. I haven't had a chance to touch anything yet to truly clean it all up. I am getting started on it now. Just a heads up that it is going to be a day or so behind what I had planned.

--jdiner

osetivo
04-11-2003, 12:36 AM
nm

Neutronflux
04-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up Josh! -- can't wait!

TomServo
04-17-2003, 04:53 AM
Am I the only one that finds it odd that there have been no posts in this thread for six days?

It's usually one of the busiest threads in the forum.

donmc
04-17-2003, 05:04 AM
Must be all waiting with bated breath!

rd001
04-17-2003, 09:44 AM
If Olaf is planning to be on Screen Savers as a guest to talk about his work, don't you think that might lead to legal issues? I thought we were supposed to keep a low profile to avoid notice by the corporate level of Tivo/DirecT*. But then, that's Olaf's choice. If he's going to appear, start a thread and warn us so we can all watch.

bato
04-17-2003, 11:44 AM
I think Leo said Olaf will be a guest on May 8th.

I see Josh here normaly around 2am my time and some other times too, so I guess he still making changes to vsplit3, and will release it soon. I think vsplit3 beta is good enough to fix step 6 and 7 (simple mux with TMPGEnc), so I hope he releases the beta to save hours to many people using vsplit/Workshop to create DVDs.

Frogbutt
04-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by rd001
If Olaf is planning to be on Screen Savers as a guest to talk about his work, don't you think that might lead to legal issues? I thought we were supposed to keep a low profile to avoid notice by the corporate level of Tivo/DirecT*. But then, that's Olaf's choice. If he's going to appear, start a thread and warn us so we can all watch.

Low profile is kinda dead now :) Leo clearly mentioned http://www.dealdatabase.com/ two or three times ysterday and mentioned that the author of tystudio would be on soon. He even said tivocommunity.com forums dont handle tv extraction so goto http://www.dealdatabase.com/ for VIDEO extraction help.

bronco13
04-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Should this thread still even be a sticky??? Nothing is really happening here except misc. conversations, off topic, etc...

Fugg
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Should this thread still even be a sticky???...
Yes!

if you've given up, humor those who haven't, 'k?

;)

-

superscan
04-22-2003, 02:28 AM
You need to whistle like Axel Rose...

Patience!

I've got a few hundred ty's ready to be cleansed of their commercial impurities (frame accurate, of course) and be reborn into their pure mpeg2 streams. The way nature intended.

bato
04-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by superscan
You need to whistle like Axel Rose...

Patience!

I've got a few hundred ty's ready to be cleansed of their commercial impurities (frame accurate, of course) and be reborn into their pure mpeg2 streams. The way nature intended.
I think all the tools in this forum is only GOP accurate editing, if you can't live with that you can follow SilentBob's DishRip Guide (http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/silentbob/DishRipGuide.htm) and change all the dishrip references to vsplit or tydemux elemental output and your done. You can even use DVDlab to create the final DVD with menu, transition menus, etc. and is frame accurate editing. It take more time to do it this way but if you can't live with GOPs go with Frames.

hancocks
05-09-2003, 05:50 AM
Sorry, I just couldn't bear to see one more day go by without a post here...:rolleyes:

mattdb
05-09-2003, 01:15 PM
That was just cruel.....:mad:

snoopy
05-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by mattdb

Activity in the thread... What a cool thing!

AlphaWolf
05-09-2003, 10:56 PM
EDIT:

Bah, net lag caused an accidental double post...

AlphaWolf
05-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by mattdb

Hmm...well, I see how it can be classified as spam...cruel though?

Fugg
05-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
Hmm...well, I see how it can be classified as spam...cruel though?
Is it cruel?

I guess that depends on how you look at it.

Picture yourself at a seaport.

Each boat that comes in and out has a light at the port that goes on when a message has arrived from or about that particular boat. It could be about what's suppose to be on the boat, what was on the boat last time, when the boat may be coming in again, messages from others about the captain of the boat and sometimes messages from the captain himself, among other things.

There is quite alot of activity at this port. Boats coming in and out, some little, some big, where to get or help with the stuff coming on or off the boats, etc. Heck, there are even boats specifically built and operated with the help of regular folks at the port. (at least the ones who know how to sail) ...lots of message lights going on and off...

But there is one particular light that's associated with one particular boat that some at the port are especially fond of and keep an eye on religiously. It's the first light they look at when they come to the port. It's associated with a boat that, at one time, was the only boat that that offered a particular, highly prized commodity.

Nowadays, there are other boats that carry that same commodity. There are even some at the port who believe that the stuff coming off the new boat is better than the stuff that came off the old, original boat. This makes it hard for them to understand why anyone would even be concerned with that old boat, muchless anything coming off of it anymore. Some have even suggested moving this boat's message light from the front of the port to a less important spot. Not that they think that it's bad or anything, it's just that the light hasn't been on much lately. It seems that the old boat doesn’t come around much anymore. (Why? that's another nautical tale about a captain who chose to sail alone....)

But there are folks at the port who still think that the old stuff works best. They may be just using the new stuff the wrong way, asking too much from it, not really grasping how it works, or maybe they actually believe that the old stuff really works better. Who knows?

Nonetheless, there are those who watch that message light religiously. During lulls in message frequency, all who watch the light hope that the next time the light comes on the message is from the captain himself, or at least someone who received a private message from him.

Then one day, The Light is ON!!! All who are waiting go running to the message board hoping to get some good word, only to find it's just a message testing weather the light still works. Everyone let's out a sad "Awww..." and goes back out to watch the light.

Some would say it's cruel to raise the hopes of the light watchers, just to dash them on the shore, but I just think it's like the guy who's waiting for a phone call and picks up the phone every fifteen minutes just to make sure it's working. ....he meant well....

Some will laugh at this and think we're just wasting our time waiting for a ship that will never come back, a light that will never shine again......

awww, well... think what you will,

I've got a light to watch.

Neutronflux
05-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Fugg, I don't care if anyone thinks that post was corny, I think it's one of the most beautiful I've seen on the dealdatabase ever. Thanks for sharing your literary skills with us. Your assessment of the situation is most accurate, as far as I'm concerned.

giancarlo
05-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Any word on the ETA of the next release of Tytool and/or vsplit?

BubbleLamp
05-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by giancarlo
Any word on the ETA of the next release of Tytool and/or vsplit?

Last I heard from Josh (last week) it was pretty close, but he's been busy with real work. Ya gotta pay the bills too.

Neutronflux
05-21-2003, 10:30 PM
No joke, I know what you mean - people do have lives to pay for and bellies to feed... it's not just about Tivo. Though sometimes, at about 3-ish in the morning, it is.

Can't wait for the new release, we're all dying to get some dvd's pumped out with flashy menus!

captain_video
05-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Then one day, The Light is ON!!!

And still, nobody's home! Hey Fugg, you been into the grog again?

Fugg
05-22-2003, 11:03 AM
And still, nobody's home! Hey Fugg, you been into the grog again?
'fraid so, mate.
...check the board, check my mail, hit the grog. it's like christmas is comming and i've lost my calendar.

Wooly
05-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I have several previously verified "valid" .ty streams (grabbed from a legal, valid Dtivo) that I want to edit w/GOPEditor. I vsplit, create the key file, edit in GOPEdit and then use the following command to utilize the cut file and create my edited .mpg:

c:\AV\AutoMux\vsplit -m -c %1.cut %1 %1.mpg %1.m2a

(this assumes that %1 is the filename).

I demux this .mpg file, dvdpatch first frame to 720x480, and load into Spruce - I immediately get a GOP error on frame #0.

This has happened to about 10 files in a row, all verified good, not one OOB problem in the vsplit'ing. I can only assume that I'm missing some command in vsplit. Obviously, I'm trying to go to DVD, so VOB creation is the end result.

I would like to point out that I can easily create DVD's using these edited .mpg's with IFOEdit...but I lose menu's. That's not cool.

Anybody have a good solution? I'd prefer to use Spruce if I can, as it's so damned easy.

bato
05-23-2003, 09:15 AM
The current available vsplit have some bugs and one of them is what you are looking at.

If you can create the VOBs with IFOedit give DVDlab a chance, you can import those VOBs, select no when asked to demux and then this app will not try to remux the VOBs so you can create good looking menus with it. Check mediachance site.

I think when jdiner releases the next version it will create VOB files directly, and I'll use DVDlab for the menu.

bronco13
05-24-2003, 01:41 PM
I can't believe this thread is still a sticky! You guys are like Shoichi Yokoi (The japanese soldier who remained on Guam until 1972 thinking that WWII was still being waged).

Basically... The war is over. Give it up. TYStudio is here and Josh is nowhere to be found. I'm sure he'll show up and tell everyone he's 'days away' from the next release and then disappear for another couple of months. And so on and so on...

Fugg
05-24-2003, 03:43 PM
jeeze.... i'm at a loss for words.... (if you can believe that)

Far be it from me to not at least try to understand someone else’s analogy, so here we go:

i'm outta my cave.
i lay down my "gun" at your feet.
i pledge allegiance to tystudio or whatever else you want me to.
i "give up".
"custar's" been shot and the braves have taken his scalp.
there is no hope and we're all just being silly.

and as I stand here with my hat in my hand, at a loss for any other way to ask this,

Can you find it in your heart to leave us in this thread alone?

Please?

note:
I hold no ill will against anyone who releases tools and files for this hobby, nor do I for the tools and procedures that anyone might wish to use. As a matter of fact, I actually feel that TyStudio is a damn fine tool for what we do. I thank the heavens above for the guys (and gals?) who had a hand in the development, testing and support of this and any of the other things that have been so freely released on this board. A great thanks from me to anyone who helps this community, no strings attached.

Generiq
05-24-2003, 04:44 PM
nevermind...

BubbleLamp
05-24-2003, 09:17 PM
I can't believe this thread is still a sticky! You guys are like Shoichi Yokoi (The japanese soldier who remained on Guam until 1972 thinking that WWII was still being waged).

Basically... The war is over. Give it up. TYStudio is here and Josh is nowhere to be found. I'm sure he'll show up and tell everyone he's 'days away' from the next release and then disappear for another couple of months. And so on and so on...

I'll take the flame bait bronco, since that's all your posts ever are.
How can the war be over when your army lost its only competent MPEG solder?? TyStudio is here, and so are 300 posts about problems with it. Sounds like you took over the job of the Iraqi information minister Bronco. Why don't you and Riley just go have a BBQ or something, or can't you fit two egoes that inflated in the same town? Sheesh. MrBassMan, can't you muzzle the minions?

sirfergy
05-25-2003, 02:41 AM
Well, I just want to post my support for jdiner.

bronco13
05-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Sorry guys I don't think I realized there was a whole olaf vs. josh thing happening. Maybe there is... maybe there isn't... I don't really know...

What I meant was that we all keep sitting around in this thread waiting for josh to appear and tell us that the holy grail is, "Days away" and then disappear for a couple more months.

I think that since TyStudio has arrived people have sort of just started using this thread for misc. and off topic stuff. It's kind of annoying to come here everyday and see that this is still a sticky when in fact absolutely nothing is happening here...

Regardless of whether who supports who (which is an absurd concept on a forum such as this) this thread shouldn't be a sticky...

When josh actually has something he should just make a new thread at that point (if ever...)

mrblack51
05-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Sorry guys I don't think I realized there was a whole olaf vs. josh thing happening. Maybe there is... maybe there isn't... I don't really know...

What I meant was that we all keep sitting around in this thread waiting for josh to appear and tell us that the holy grail is, "Days away" and then disappear for a couple more months.

I think that since TyStudio has arrived people have sort of just started using this thread for misc. and off topic stuff. It's kind of annoying to come here everyday and see that this is still a sticky when in fact absolutely nothing is happening here...

Regardless of whether who supports who (which is an absurd concept on a forum such as this) this thread shouldn't be a sticky...

When josh actually has something he should just make a new thread at that point (if ever...)

well, i guess when you are a moderator, you can make that choice. until then, if you dont have anything to say that contributes positive, meaningful information, insight, experiences, etc, then dont post in this thread. i am saying this to everyone in this thread, but specifically to you, bronco, since you are the one who started this recent set of...BS.

captain_video
05-25-2003, 11:10 AM
TYStudio is here and Josh is nowhere to be found.

Talk about bashing the hand that feeds you. I'm with BubbleLamp on this one. TyStudio may be here but it's useless for getting muxed streams without loss of synch. I do prefer tydemux over vsplit but it's still not perfect either. This may come as a shock but Josh has a life and doesn't owe anyone a damn thing here. I'm grateful for all his efforts and feel confident that he'll come back when he's ready or has something new to offer. Until then, I'll continue using the excellent tools he's given us. I really don't care that he hasn't shared his source code with anyone. If he feels like sharing it he will. If not, then too bad so get over it.

Wooly
05-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Good to know - I've used DVDLab before, and liked it. I stopped using it becuase I wanted to pay for it and get rid of the Register Later screen and their commerce site was down...hence I gave up 'cause I ran out of time!!

As for my question...using v1.0.0405 I import a VOB file and it AUTOMATICALLY demuxes the file...doesn't ask me if I want it to, it just does it. Crap.

I realize this isn't a DVDLab forum, but if you've got a quick solution I'd appreciate it - I have 7 seasons of MacGyver to process (yes, Josh, a copy is being made for you, not to worry, I'm fulfilling my promise to you).

The current available vsplit have some bugs and one of them is what you are looking at.

If you can create the VOBs with IFOedit give DVDlab a chance, you can import those VOBs, select no when asked to demux and then this app will not try to remux the VOBs so you can create good looking menus with it. Check mediachance site.

I think when jdiner releases the next version it will create VOB files directly, and I'll use DVDlab for the menu.

GhostBrain
05-25-2003, 07:28 PM
This may come as a shock but Josh has a life and doesn't owe anyone a damn thing here. I'm grateful for all his efforts and feel confident that he'll come back when he's ready or has something new to offer.

There are several truths here... No one owes anyone anything. People can decide whether to open source their stuff or not and people can choose whether to use it or not. You would tend to believe that people should feel grateful for the work done by others, but then again, they have a right not to.

I think what has irritated the masses is misleading statements. Apparently the next release was a "day or so away" over a month ago. Not making a deadline is understandable, but with not even a status update ("something came up - will be a while"), I can understand some people not being happy. That is their right. Just as it is the right of the developer to never make another release.

dlang
05-25-2003, 08:47 PM
tydemux 4.2, is that something included in beta2 or is that some other unlreleased tool that is perfiect, but not yet released?

as far as I know they tystudio has stalled at beta2 due to it´s programmers getting busy so you are in no position to throw stones

bjarne
05-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Wooly
Good to know - I've used DVDLab before, and liked it. I stopped using it becuase I wanted to pay for it and get rid of the Register Later screen and their commerce site was down...hence I gave up 'cause I ran out of time!!

As for my question...using v1.0.0405 I import a VOB file and it AUTOMATICALLY demuxes the file...doesn't ask me if I want it to, it just does it. Crap.

You need to use DVDLab v1.1. That is the first version which allows you to not demux a VOB file. I have successfully made a DVD with DTiVo files using DVDLab by first using SpruceUP to generate the VOB files. Unfortunately, I have not figured out yet how to make DVDLab accept multiple VOBs for each title (i.e. VTS_01_2.VOB, etc). So far I have only made DVDs, where each title is <1G.

Generiq
05-26-2003, 07:13 AM
Not making a deadline is understandable, but with not even a status update ("something came up - will be a while"), I can understand some people not being happy. That is their right.

Unhappy I can understand. No, it isn't a right.

People seem to confuse rights with privileges FAR too often these days. I heard somebody from a band complaining his "rights" were being infringed upon because a local radio station DJ stopped playing this band after the band played a promotional concert (for the station) and used this forum to heavily bad mouth G.W.B. I think I missed the provision in the Constitution or Bill of Rights that established your right to have a song played on the radio... or permitted access to jdiner's tools!

Wait... that's because there isn't one! No, nobody but jdiner has any "rights" when it comes to his tools. Nobody paid for anything, nobody contributed code (yes, he reviewed this with Tridge), and nobody is OWED anything. Not any new tools, not any status updates, not any support... just NOT! If you care to enjoy the privilege you have been allowed to use someones contribution to this hobby, please do so. If you care to bitch about stcky threads created by the guy most responsible for the tools many of us use, and the guy mainly responsible for this extraction area at DD - please go bitch to yourself, we don't care for your input.

I think what pisses most people off is to hear people demand their "rights" and complain about others contributions, while contributing absolutely nothing themselves. These same people will be kissing jdiner's ass (again) when his VOB support comes out... and we'll all hear again, "Wow, where do I send the PayPal?"

If you are so bothered by this thread and it's stickiness, please just go away.

P.S. This is not meant to be a "pro" jdiner post. I just like anybody who lets me play with their toys!

bato
05-26-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Wooly

I realize this isn't a DVDLab forum, but if you've got a quick solution I'd appreciate it - I have 7 seasons of MacGyver to process (yes, Josh, a copy is being made for you, not to worry, I'm fulfilling my promise to you).
Just download DVDlab release version 1.1, it works with VOB files without demuxing/remuxing them. I have some problems with no audio in the final DVD structure (something missing in the IFOs) so I find a way to fix that. Some VOBs do not have the information DVDlab wants to put chapter points/audio marks in the IFOs, but remember is the first release.

Fugg
05-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Is that a ship I see comming this way??!??!?!?
:D :cool:

bato
05-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Fugg
Is that a ship I see comming this way??!??!?!?
:D :cool:

Is the light on? :D

Wooly
05-26-2003, 12:29 PM
I can help you with that - if you're familiar with IFOEdit, there's a flag in VOB Extras that allows you to decide the size of the VOB's created when stripping out stuff. Just select NO SPLIT, and don't strip out anything, and it'll create one VOB from all your VOB files.

Originally posted by bjarne
You need to use DVDLab v1.1. That is the first version which allows you to not demux a VOB file. I have successfully made a DVD with DTiVo files using DVDLab by first using SpruceUP to generate the VOB files. Unfortunately, I have not figured out yet how to make DVDLab accept multiple VOBs for each title (i.e. VTS_01_2.VOB, etc). So far I have only made DVDs, where each title is <1G.

jdiner
05-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok. I have finally finished everything I wanted to do with my tools before the next release. I am glad that people have been having some success with other tools in going to DVD. But they are a seriously long round about way to get there. Hopefully what I have working for me, 1 quick and easy step, will work for what everyone else wants to do as well.

--jdiner

jdiner
05-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Ok. I am not really going to catch up on the messages I miss here in the thread. It seems to be filled as much ranting as raving as possible and as many flames as anything else.

To be honest that is why I disappaered. I figured it was better just to do the work and let things fo wherever they will rather than get lost in the fighting and never get anything done.

To that end I am back now and I have accomplished quite a bit. But I am going to close this thread. It is pointless to carry on with the type of posts that we had here in the last little while.

I am sorry if my silence bothered anyone. That was not my intent. I continued to reply to PMs and emails as I got around to it. So I was not totally gone. I am just not interested in anyway in the fights that seem so common here now.

So this thread is done. Look for the new that will be about the latest releases.

--jdiner