PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using m2-edit?

2ride
02-09-2003, 02:25 AM
I read in a post somewhere that this was a good program to use to edit mpegs generated with tydemux. I was able to edit just fine but for some reason my generated mpeg file is twice the size of the original even though I took out commercials. According to the software it appears to know that the mpg is 480x480 and there doesn't seem to be any transcoding going on so what is causing the increased output size? I would imagine there is a setting somewhere that I need to change but can't seem to find it.

Maybe you know if you have used m2-edit?

thanks,

2ride

Pr.Sinister
02-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 2ride
I read in a post somewhere that this was a good program to use to edit mpegs generated with tydemux. I was able to edit just fine but for some reason my generated mpeg file is twice the size of the original even though I took out commercials. According to the software it appears to know that the mpg is 480x480 and there doesn't seem to be any transcoding going on so what is causing the increased output size? I would imagine there is a setting somewhere that I need to change but can't seem to find it.

Maybe you know if you have used m2-edit?

thanks,

2ride

Sometimes patching the 1st header at a lower bitrate does the trick. Use DVD Patcher and try with 3.5 MBit to see if it improves
a bit.

kurjiboo
02-09-2003, 08:55 PM
I believe that m2-edit pads the stream so the stream is the bitrate it says it is ie 15000kbps. Try using tmpeg to remux the stream, thereby eliminating extra padding. Use the file that m2-edit creates as both the audio and video input to the multiplexer and change the name of the output.

I'm interested to know if you are having problems with sync and what version of m2 you are using.