PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Maestro

RxMan
02-10-2003, 02:59 PM
How do I set it up to skip chapters? I have all the chapter points set, but, have no idea how to set up a skip. Also, Is it possible to have the DVD auto start from a certain chapter (besides chapter 1) without using a menu or buttons?

archieellis
02-10-2003, 03:21 PM
The first thing you need to do is bring up the Connections window. Go to the "Window" drop-down and click on Connections. Then make sure you click on the top level of your project in the left frame so that you'll see all of the connections, not just the ones for the current time line.

You will see a series of Connections. You are particulary concerned with the End Action Connections. If you wanted to skip Chapter 3, you would set the Chpater 2: End Action to "Chapter 4" You can do this by right-clicking in the Target Area for that row. Repeat this for all of the chapters you want to skip.

You can start the DVD from any chapter you want. Just change the target for the "First Play" Connection.

RxMan
02-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will check out the connections and hopefully get it all working. Thanks Again.

zabs
02-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Is there a similar function in SpruceUP?

Ie. I put a chapter point at the end of the last bit of movie, but before the beginning of the crap tivo recorded after the end of the movie. I know in Maestro I can have the end of a chapter point back to the Menu. Can I do the same in SpruceUP?

archieellis
02-10-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can do that in Spruce. I haven't used Spruce in a while, though, so I might be wrong.

RxMan
02-11-2003, 12:44 AM
OK. I got everything working just fine. I need one final step. How do I cut off the junk at the end of the movie. I can set a chapter at the finish of the credits. Then what?

BTW, I have burned tons of DVDs using Spuce. I just have some movies that I want to start right up without a menu (thus the need for maestro).

captain_video
02-11-2003, 09:02 AM
SpruceUp can't be set up to skip chapters like Maestro. Think of SpruceUp as Maestro Lite. It can do a lot of basic things but lacks all the bells and whistles that Maestro provides. Maestro is a professional DVD authoring tool whereas SpruceUp is a basic entry level authoring package.

PSUtivo
02-11-2003, 09:36 AM
RxMan,

In SpruceUp you can set a movie to auto-play when you put in the dvd by dragging it to the first thumbnail of the menu section at the bottom of the author screen.

Also, if you want to skip the crap at the end of a recording, you can double-click the movie and set the red close bracket ] to the point at which you want the movie to stop.

PSUtivo

zabs
02-11-2003, 01:48 PM
RXman in maestro set the End Action to the last chapter you want to show to your Main Menu.

Thanx PSU Tivo, I'll give that end of movie tip a try in spruceUP.