PDA

View Full Version : Locals-Knoxville(KX) & Las Vegas(LV) Gone?

Will
02-11-2003, 01:31 AM
I seem to have misplaced them and am not able to find them again. Still on 119? Any change that would cause problems?

As I experiment I'm also picking up a guide entry on many markets for channel 90, "ULS", with the name of the market and "Local into locals shadow". I've never noticed this before. Something up with the locals?

Locals (ALL the locals my dish can see) are my main purpose for subscribing to DTV, DTivo, and all the fooling around. Two missing cities is a major hole in my hobby activity.

System details: still holding out with 2.5-01, P3 (HU), full legit subscription (yes, with a legit P3 on the record) with one locals market plus Xtreme2.5, Kraven update, xPlusz (not invoking mvchannels) and selectlocals, and ... some other stuff. Philips DSR6000.

zz-2002
02-11-2003, 02:47 AM
I knew several of us lost Las Vegas, but I didn't realize that Knoxville was gone. I'll have to check on this.

Austin_TX
02-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Local oddity in several markets seems unresolved, take a look at the threads:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21699

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=82800

Ump25
02-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Something truly strange is happening.

I cleaned up my mvchannels and /hack directory last night (thanks for your help, Rubik!) and restarted mvch135. Everything was humming along fine until this afternoon, when ALL 119 channels disappeared completely. The 4 cities within my spot beam are present, all in the 02-99 range. They were left untouched.

Mvchannels is running fine, according to what the system says. However, it's as if the channels were removed by DTV.

Moreover, all the channels on which I had "To Be Announced" now have guide data! For over 4 months, several cities' channels had this TBA; I just learned to live w/ it. Now, they all have info. These, again, are my 4 spot beam ones. All 119 channels are gone.

This is baffling, indeed!

Will
02-11-2003, 09:32 PM
>> this afternoon, ALL 119 channels disappeared completely <<

I can confirm this. On my hobby system that had previously been working fine, except that LV and KX had recently disappeared, I now have no 119 locals at all.

On another system, pretty much pure (original fully subscribed untouched card, but some fooling around with the Tivo software) the one allowed local (a 119) is also now gone.

On a _completely_ pure system, the one allowed local market (a 119) is still there, fine.

So, something is happening here, but I don't know what it is.

zz-2002
02-11-2003, 09:34 PM
I lost all the locals I was getting from the 119. :mad:

I'm getting 2 markets in my spot beam.

defsrg
02-12-2003, 12:30 AM
im sure everyone hangs out sometimes at "other forums", if you have seen the reports that dtv is going to be adding 50 new local markets over the next few months.my deduction to all of this is that they are doing some shifting and moving around for the transponders to be most efficient per area , if that makes sense to anyone. just my 2 cents.
________
Alain prost (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Alain_Prost)

zz-2002
02-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Wasn't they put on the 119 temporarily till they get everything lined out on one the new birds?

Ump25
02-12-2003, 12:36 AM
I was actually thinking of this, but from what I had heard, the next locals, Colorado Springs, weren't supposed to be online until June.

ZZ, the current 119 cities--all 10 of them--are scheduled to be transferred to the new spot beam bird, DirecTV 7S, when that bird launches in the 4th quarter of this year. It is scheduled to be parked at 119 and is a spot beam bird.

zz-2002
02-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Thanks. I wasn't up on all that.

defsrg
02-12-2003, 12:53 AM
just a rumour right now but i have heard that my local market was to be added,syracuse ny, but that the 3rd lnb on the ellipitical dish was going to be required as that locals market was going to run off the new bird at 110 degrees, i think thats the location but not positive the one they are running some hdtv off right now, anyways thats what i heard but like i said no difinite confirmation.i am checking the 119 at my location now and pulling my channels.dat to see if its everywhere or just in your guys location, lets u know what i find.
________
Body Science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

defsrg
02-12-2003, 11:17 AM
i just tried a new reload to put lasvegas in and still nothing so i dont know whats up, just what i think things have been shifted around a bit as they are making room for more local markets
________
UGGS (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

RUBiK
02-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by defsrg
i just tried a new reload to put lasvegas in and still nothing so i dont know whats up, just what i think things have been shifted around a bit as they are making room for more local markets That can't be, though.. Why does a non-DTiVo receiver get any set of locals off the 119 satellite with no problems using the same exact cabling/connections/etc.?

It can only mean one thing... DTV is messing up the DTiVo side of things... OR there's something wrong with hacked/xtremed DTiVo's (since non-hacked/xtremed ones seem to be doing OK)..

defsrg
02-12-2003, 02:52 PM
the only locals i can get are off my spotbeam on my regular dtv receivers. i cannot get any of the 119 on my regular dtv receivers.
________
Problems With Zoloft (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

RUBiK
02-12-2003, 02:54 PM
the only locals i can get are off my spotbeam on my regular dtv receivers. i cannot get any of the 119 on my regular dtv receivers. Really? Because I can and I heard from others who could and I thought EVERYONE could. Hence it being narrowed down to being a problem with only Series1 DTiVo units.

:confused:

defsrg
02-12-2003, 02:56 PM
no if you visit the "other forums" everyone is having problems making locals "stick" period i dont believe it si a dtivo issue only
________
MAINE DISPENSARIES (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

chadbear
02-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Looks to me like it IS a dtivo issue. In boston I have locals on my regular IRDs, no locals on my T60.

Ump25
02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
chad, that's because Boston is off the 101 spot beam bird. we're talking here about 119 locals problems!

RUBiK
02-12-2003, 03:31 PM
no if you visit the "other forums" everyone is having problems making locals "stick" period i dont believe it si a dtivo issue only Right, I am aware of that as I've got over 4000 posts at arguably the highest volume dtv hacking forum out there, but trust me.. This *IS* a DTiVo-only problem for now...

Ump25
02-12-2003, 03:32 PM
IMHO, I think it'd be a great idea to merge this thread with the "No locals on DTIVO" thread. No sense having two parallel discussions here.

defsrg
02-12-2003, 03:50 PM
k fellas no sense arguing here we can just play around a bit with both regular receivers and dtivos and see what we come up with and post them, thats all. i was just giving my specualtion as the only person who could really answer this is dave and i dont think hes going to let us in on it. so lets just mess around with some things and see what we come up with.:D
________
Medical marijuana (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Pitchpipe52
02-12-2003, 05:03 PM
After loosing the 119 yesterday, I was trying to determing what happened and after doing some scouting around and reading the posts here, I believe it is a Dtivo problem..

I have been running my Dtivo on a Wonderbox since September without a hitch 'til yesterday. The Wonderbox seemed to go down with the rest of the Hu 3m's but upon further investigation, I found that it didn't go down.

I have two IRD's on my set, a series 1 Dtivo and an RCA HD. I can connect the WB or put a 3m'd card in the HD IRD and get all including Locals (Providence) but if I put them in the Dtivo, I get everything BUT the locals. Soooo if I get everything coming down the cable on one IRD and not on the DTivo, it seems to point to a Dtivo glitch, in my mind any way.. but I have been wrong before..

quantum_3
02-12-2003, 07:48 PM
im in the same boat as everyone else. i have 2 dsr6000's one with 2.51 and one with 3.1. when i tried to do this:

./mvchannels.tcl dumpall -main

i find that half the channels are gone but also interesting is ALOT of tv call letters (like wgn or wtto..ect) are showing up in the channels.dat that werent there before. plus of course in xplusz all but JV are gone in the 119 sat. any ideas??:D

ps. i think the JV locals are showing up for me because i have that for my locals byte.

Austin_TX
02-12-2003, 07:54 PM
I see the same set of call letters using selectlocals.tcl. I actually added them manually as well but still receive the "Channel not available" response when I tune to them. Some even have a "DT" suffix? Same DTV card in a stand-alone receiver works fine with locals where they used to be (e.g. 0-99 in Austin).