PDA

View Full Version : TY but no m2v or m2a

DgtHorse
02-11-2003, 05:08 PM
ok i can get the ty .... but the vplit give me a 10 mb file and m2v gives me a 5mb file when the ty is 600mb. I must be doing something wrong. Is there another process than vsplit to simply convert my ty into a workable avi or mpg??

captain_video
02-11-2003, 07:47 PM
What method are you using for extraction? It sounds like the vsplit process is somehow terminating prematurely. If using Tytool, try using the vsplit option to split the tystream on the fly. Look in the pulldown menus at the top and make sure the Vsplit option is checked.

DgtHorse
02-12-2003, 12:02 AM
i tried using the vsplit option but that seemed to work a little better but not quite. the TY being 726mb and the m2v being 100mb and m2a being 8mb. This process does not seem to be working for me. Are there any other ways to work with the TY file since it is the only one to be a good file length :)

captain_video
02-12-2003, 09:18 AM
You need to separate the tyfile into m2v and m2a files before you can do anything with them. If you're not getting the complete files extracted from the tystream then there's something happening during the splitting process that's terminating the program. Try using tydemux to split the extracted ty file and see if it helps. I've had problems with my Tivo rebooting in the middle of an extraction using the vsplit mode, resulting in incomplete files. I've found that if I minimize functions on the Tivo during the xtraction process it works OK. Try changing both tuner over to a channel that's not in the guide (i.e. channel 0 or anything in the 0-99s that doesn't correspond to an actual local channel).

If the splitting process is terminating while being performed as a standalone function on your PC, I'd look to see what other processes are running on the PC that may be interacting with the splitting utility.

DgtHorse
02-13-2003, 03:07 AM
hmm weird, ok as soon a switched to a wired connection it was fine, guess my wireless is unreliable for this sort of task.