PDA

View Full Version : tytool stopped working with 3.1

udhorky
02-11-2003, 06:10 PM
I upgraded to directv version 3.1 and my tytool version 5 stopped working. It always worked with version 2.5.. I have replaced the files a few times but with no succcess. Here is the error I get:

ERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
No EventSwitcher active
while executing
"dbopen $dbPoolSize"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 382)
Waiting for an incomming connection!

Any help guys? I have tried everything I know how to do. and am starting to give up hope.
thanks,

02-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Do a search, you need a different noshowing.tcl .

udhorky
02-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by newbie
Do a search, you need a different noshowing.tcl .

Ya I tried that... Didnt do the trick.. Any other ideas?

AlphaWolf
02-11-2003, 06:59 PM
That means that nowshowing.tcl is invoking the event switcher for some reason. A temporary solution is to simply reboot, but the event switcher can stop responding to tivosh suddenly in 3.1.

A perminant solution would be to debug nowshing.tcl and remove any calls to the eventswitcher, which I don't think it should have any dire need for.

udhorky
02-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
That means that nowshowing.tcl is invoking the event switcher for some reason. A temporary solution is to simply reboot, but the event switcher can stop responding to tivosh suddenly in 3.1.

A perminant solution would be to debug nowshing.tcl and remove any calls to the eventswitcher, which I don't think it should have any dire need for.

What lines are caling the eventswitcher? Can you give me an example line? Again anything to help.. thanks

AlphaWolf
02-11-2003, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't know specificaly. I don't use anything that relies on the nowshowing.tcl script, and the ones that I have looked at don't seem to invoke it. I don't know which one everybody is using though.

udhorky
02-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Damn I have shit I need to burn... Cant burn it if I cant get it to my computer.... Anyone have a fixed NowShowing or another solution? Thanks for your help so far guys!

Neutronflux
02-14-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm in the same boat -- I've been working on my 3.1 networking problems on another forum with *elite* and generous help from Bubblelamp -- he says that I need a working NowShowing.tcl file for 3.1 -- I get the same error message you do.

I can telnet into my tivo from windows - however the Tytool5r5 doesn't login properly...

udhorky
02-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Well I still have this damn problem. I have worked with NowShowing.tcl and still can not figure it out.. I really dont know what I am doing editing the TCl so I am going trial and error.. Only errors so far! If anyone has a working TCL file please post it so we can all use it.. Thanks

DealDataLOVER
09-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Can I ask you a question, do you edit the recording through options to record X minutes before and X minutes after? That is what is altering the nowshowing. I would wait for the files that you program like that to be done recording and then see. I actually just started to add minutes to my recordings and now I get this error. (of course I am just putting two and two together)
I have waited after all my sched recordings that had diff options finished, and I was able to extract.

Also I would like to questoin (noob theory) that the reason the restart may work on fixing the problem temporarly is because the
restart action may place the event switch information to a hard set into the program scheduling. Then obviously if you set up other shows with extra minutes, that's why the error comes back.

I am pretty sure this is the reason, I just restarted my machine
and the error is gone. (and I did not cancel any recordings with special settings)

Hope this helps.