PDA

View Full Version : Ifoedit help

sibarys
02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Just got my Pioneer DVR 105 today. So, here I go trying to burn a DVD from a TiVo stream.

- I use tytool in vsplit mode to get my .m2v and .m2a
- I use Ifoedit096B1 to create my .vobs
- Nero 55107 to burn my DVD

I take it to my DVD player (Sony DVP-NS715P)...and, while the video looks great, the audio sounds "chipmunks" (or a 33 record played at 45...for those who remember).

The Tivo is set to record at "best" quality with default bitrate values (haven't changed them thru Tivoweb).

It seems like it should be fairly straight-forward as I don't see many options in tytool, Ifoedit096B1 or Nero to mess around with.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Wooly
02-13-2003, 10:53 PM
From your statement of "record at best quality", I must assume you have a SA, yes?

If this is the case, try using BeSweet to transcode the 32khz Audio over to 48khz audio (done immediately after the vsplit and before the IFOEdit) and then create the DVD title set using IFOEdit. Play in PowerDVD to verify synch, and then burn to DVD. This should resolve your problem.

Originally posted by sibarys
Just got my Pioneer DVR 105 today. So, here I go trying to burn a DVD from a TiVo stream.

- I use tytool in vsplit mode to get my .m2v and .m2a
- I use Ifoedit096B1 to create my .vobs
- Nero 55107 to burn my DVD

I take it to my DVD player (Sony DVP-NS715P)...and, while the video looks great, the audio sounds "chipmunks" (or a 33 record played at 45...for those who remember).

The Tivo is set to record at "best" quality with default bitrate values (haven't changed them thru Tivoweb).

It seems like it should be fairly straight-forward as I don't see many options in tytool, Ifoedit096B1 or Nero to mess around with.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

sibarys
02-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Wooly,

yes, I have a Sony SVR2000. I got my hands on Besweet, but it's not very "user friendly". Even with the GUI add-on, I can't seem to get the thing to work!

For one thing, it doesn't take .m2a as input files. I renamed my vsplit file to .mp2, selected an output file (mp2 to mp2) but it's not doing anything!

You wouldn't happen to have a sample command line to do this?

Thanks for the reply.

Wooly
02-14-2003, 11:34 PM
c:\av\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe -core( -input %1 -output %1.done.m2a ) -azid( -c light -L -3db --maximize ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -m s -b 192 -e )

This assumes:

1. BeSweet is in the directory "C:\AV\BESWEET"
2. This is a batch file, intended to have the audio file (doesn't matter what the extension is) drag-n-dropped (hence the %1).
3. Will create the exact same filename, but with a ".done.m2a" extension".

It will create a 48khz file, and is ready to go to DVD (assuming you have no Mpeg errors in your original file, in which case all bets are off).

Wooly,

yes, I have a Sony SVR2000. I got my hands on Besweet, but it's not very "user friendly". Even with the GUI add-on, I can't seem to get the thing to work!

For one thing, it doesn't take .m2a as input files. I renamed my vsplit file to .mp2, selected an output file (mp2 to mp2) but it's not doing anything!

You wouldn't happen to have a sample command line to do this?

Thanks for the reply.

sibarys
02-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Wooly,

I don't mean to abuse of your help, but do you know if it is possible to drag'n'drop a whole list of .m2a files into the besweet batch file?

I tried it with the %1 option, but it only transcodes the first file of the list.

Thanks again.

Wooly
02-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Fump - you just went over my head. The answer is "I don't know". BUT, I'll bet someone else does, someone who knows a lot more about passing file paramaters from windows to a batch file than I do. Sorry....not the answer you wanted.

Wooly,

I don't mean to abuse of your help, but do you know if it is possible to drag'n'drop a whole list of .m2a files into the besweet batch file?

I tried it with the %1 option, but it only transcodes the first file of the list.

Thanks again.

sibarys
02-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Wooly
Fump - you just went over my head. The answer is "I don't know". BUT, I'll bet someone else does, someone who knows a lot more about passing file paramaters from windows to a batch file than I do. Sorry....not the answer you wanted.

No problem at all. I know I'm getting greedy...but it would be nice to just start the batch and walk away if it could be done.

Thanks for your help.

sibarys
02-18-2003, 12:52 PM
I had been trying to figure out a way to get Besweet to transcode a whole list of 32Khz .m2a streams to 48Khz. While there are, very likely, other and easier ways to do it, here's one that I found that works for me.

Downloaded the Windows Resource kit utility "forfiles" from:

http://www.dynawell.com/reskit/microsoft/win2000/forfiles.zip

This utility works for Win2K and WinXP.

I now use the batch:

FORFILES -pf:\tivo -m*.m2a -c"C:\Utilities\TiVo_Besweet\BeSweet.exe -core( -input 0x22@FILE0x22 -output 0x22@FILE0x22.done.m2a ) -azid( -c light -L -3db --maximize ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -m s -b 192 -e )"

where:
- f:\tivo is the path where my streams are stored
- *.m2a is the list of streams
- c:\utilities\tivo_besweet is my path to Besweet
- 0x22@FILE0x22 is the @FILE variable passed by forfiles surrounded by double quotes, 0x22...that's a zero, for long filenames.

I can now launch the batch (do it overnight) and walk away.

Thanks to Wooly for pointing me in the right direction.