PDA

View Full Version : TyTool6

lonaman
02-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Before I ask my question, I want to state that I really like your program and I appreciate all of your hard work. That said, I have a question regarding the new release.

I just downloaded TyTool6, and I cannot get it to work in Multiplex mode. I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly, but it works perfectly in VSplit mode (in either Single Socket or Dbl Socket). Whenever I click Get when set to multiplex mode, nothing happens. Nothing appears in the log, nothing appears in the Terminal. Please advise.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

TheSaint
02-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Ditto here.

RxMan
02-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Do you have tserver_mfs6 on the tivo and not tserver_mfs5r2?

TheSaint
02-14-2003, 01:49 PM
I've confirmed I'm running tserver_mfs6. Still no response. Does tytool rely on any external programs that need to be in the path, or is everything needed contained in the tytool exec ?

Originally posted by RxMan
Do you have tserver_mfs6 on the tivo and not tserver_mfs5r2?

RxMan
02-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Not sure if this will help. From JDiner's thread.

NOTE: You must have the GopEditor in your Windows path. It can be anywhere in the path, but it must be in a path location or it will not load and an error will be reported...

BTW, I am at work now and have not tested the new file.

artships
02-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Used it to extract-edit-mux about 20 mintes of Enterprise. Kept sync. Haven't authored it or burned it. But worked great.

If I just had to complain about it I would mnetion that pesky little box after "Local Dir:". No matter how I edit the ini file, saving it as a windows file or as a unix one, that box (a CR or LF character, I guess) just won't go away. Considering how fabulously the rest of the program works, this is way more quaint than critical. Thanks, Joshua.

RxMan
02-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I am having the same problem as others. I put tserver_mfs6 on the tivo and chmod 777. I can extract ty or use vsplit, but not luck with mplex.

Did anyone get it solved? I am sure it is simple.

saltydog4791
02-14-2003, 05:27 PM
OK, I am having a problem with the editing keyfile function of the new and almighty tytool6. I have copied the gopeditor.exe in system and system32 on a 98 box but it's not working. When I select edit keyfile, pick the file, and click process, I get a popup box that says Test with the words gopeditor.exe "nameoftyfile.ty"

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks a lot.

Salty

jasch
02-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Where did you get tytool6? I haven't found it in any thread using seach keywords "Tytool6'

artships
02-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by jasch
Where did you get tytool6?[/QUOTE]
http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=83845#post83845

The two-page thread about tools.

BTW... The TyTool "Dbl socket" mode Really Works.

As for gopeditor... In a dos window "echo %PATH%".
gopeditor.exe must be in one of those directories. If it is, then, again in the dos window, you should be able to execute "gopeditor" and have it show-up.

I followed Josh's instructions and was... Delighted.

TheSaint
02-15-2003, 10:43 AM
I tried putting the gopeditor in the path as suggested, but that didn't help. I wouldn't have expected it would as that would only be needed when dealing with key files. Nothing happens when I select the mux option, no output from tserver at all. I don't think tytool is getting that far(pulling data from the Tivo).

Jdiner,

Go any ideas why some of us are experiencing this, while others aren't ?

Originally posted by RxMan
I am having the same problem as others. I put tserver_mfs6 on the tivo and chmod 777. I can extract ty or use vsplit, but not luck with mplex.

Did anyone get it solved? I am sure it is simple.

spinxter
02-15-2003, 01:38 PM
mplex refuses to work for me, too. nothing happens when I push the button.

lonaman
02-15-2003, 02:58 PM
You need to download TyTool6r1a.zip.

From a seperate post by jdiner...

Originally posted by jdiner
It has been brought to my attention that the mux-on-download code had been broken right before release. I checked everything else but forgot to verify that part right before release. But it was 3:53 am so it is understandable.

Anyway, here is release 6r1 and it fixes that issue. That is the only fix in this version.

--jdiner

EDIT: The attached zip files has been altered to include the latest tserver (version mfs6). I had no idea so many would have trouble finding it...

The new file (tytool6r1a.zip) is located in this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=83750#post83750)