PDA

View Full Version : which linux mplex for good audio sync?

sysvr4
02-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey folks,

I'm having trouble getting good audio sync with any mplex under linux. I'm currently running:

o Debian woody
o kernel v2.4.19
o mjpegtools mplex 1.6.1
o dvb mplex (unknown version)
o tydemux 0.4.2
o vsplit 2.01 Alpha #13

I get different problems using different software, but no combination has yet produced a video with perfect (or close enough) sync. Here are the problems with various combinations:

1) dvb mplex: always gives wildly unsynced audio (minutes apart, usually) with either vsplit or tydemux. The -a option will change the degree to which it's off, but by the end of a video it's always completely fubar.

2) mjpegtools mplex: Much better than dvb mplex. I noticed it gives better sync under tydemux than vsplit, but is still off just enough to be annoying (a few milliseconds).

The sync-offset|-O num options under mjpegtools mplex seem to make no difference whatsoever. I even tried putting a crazy value in like 5000 and the video turned out to be exactly the same as when I used the offset value tydemux gives.

Can someone tell me a combination of linux software (with versions and command line options) that works? Much thanks in advance,

Sysvr4

glider
02-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Use vsplitmux to mux instead of mplex.
Seems like there is some buffer related issues.

vsplitmux2b -s -d -m $file.ty vsplit/$file.mpg vsplit/$file.m2a

IndieRockSteve
02-16-2003, 11:58 PM
yea. use vsplitmux, or try my batch file, worked great for me until I started using vsplitmux.

my batch file is in my sig.