PDA

View Full Version : Maestro Disk Image Creation

nilknarf
02-15-2003, 12:20 PM
I just made a dvd with Maestro by compiling my files into Audio_TS and Video_TS folders and then just making a data disc using Record Now. Seemed to work, but I was wondering about the Disk Image Creation option in Maestro. Should I be creating an .img file with that and burning that to the dvd instead of the method I just described? Or should I just stick with what worked the first time?

bato
02-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Most people I know (me included) do the same thing as you.

rd001
02-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Somehow, I got it to start burning a disc way back when I first tried it but haven't gotten it to work again.

I gave up on it because so many people have said that it required the old Authoring-Only type DVD-R burners or old DVD-RAM discs and that there were no drivers for the newer burners. Since that information seems to be consistent with what I found in the help file, I gave up on it and now use a separate burning program.

captain_video
02-20-2003, 06:47 PM
I just use Nero and burn files to a DVD-RW using the UDF option and it works fine. I archive episodes of Babylon 5 and I've already got my jewel cases and CD labels made up for specific episodes at 3 per disc. I had some recordings that had errors in them (prior to the release of tydemux) and I ended up trashing them. I ended up missing some recordings due to power outages and such. Instead of keeping the companion episodes on my hard drive and taking up space until the missing episodes are aired I've been archiving them as either ty files or extracted and split files for future use.

rd001
02-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I've been using Nero too. I'm hearing from some sources that RecordNow (Veritas?) produces more compatible discs. Anyone know for sure or heard about this claim?

captain_video
02-21-2003, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "compatible". Burning data to a DVD-R is not meant to be used in a set top DVD player so you should be able to read it in any DVD-ROM drive capable of reading rewriteable DVD discs.

02-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Nero 5.5.10.0 had problems producing DVD'd that could be read on stand alone DVD players. Earlier (and later) versions of Nero work better.

bato
02-21-2003, 10:33 AM
You can check dvd2one news section, there is said that Nero have some bugs that are fixed in the next release, I guess something about the UDF they use.

But if it works for you don't need to change.

02-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Don't agree, the problem is the DVD's you produce with 5.5.10.0 were not readable in some stand alone DVD players. It could work for you but you might be producing DVD's that you can't later loan to friends. This version of Nero was producing DVD's that can't be read in standalone players that otherwise can read burned DVD's.

Originally posted by bato

But if it works for you don't need to change.