PDA

View Full Version : closing tserver_mfs 6



snoopy
02-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Is there any way to do this?

BubbleLamp
02-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by snoopy
Is there any way to do this?

If you telnet into the Tivo and launch tserver manually, it will stop running when you close the telnet session.

snoopy
02-15-2003, 11:35 PM
I have telneted in using hyperterminal on xp. When I close hyperterminal it exits the program but the now showing list will not come up the next time. So each time I start TYTool to get the now showing list, I have to do a chmod 777 tserver_mfs6 in order to use it again. I am sure I am doing something wrong.


Originally posted by BubbleLamp
If you telnet into the Tivo and launch tserver manually, it will stop running when you close the telnet session.

BubbleLamp
02-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by snoopy
I have telneted in using hyperterminal on xp. When I close hyperterminal it exits the program but the now showing list will not come up the next time. So each time I start TYTool to get the now showing list, I have to do a chmod 777 tserver_mfs6 in order to use it again. I am sure I am doing something wrong.

No. Each time you need to telnet in, start tserver, then use Tytool to grab the files. When you are done, then you close the telnet session. Chmod has nothing to do with it.

snoopy
02-16-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by BubbleLamp
No. Each time you need to telnet in, start tserver, then use Tytool to grab the files. When you are done, then you close the telnet session. Chmod has nothing to do with it.

That is in fact, what I have been doing. I telnet in using Hyperterminal. I start TYTool and download the shows. I then click the x in the uper right hand corner of Hyperterminal's Telnet window. What I am saying is that doing that does not adequately close the tserver_mfs6 file. I am sure I am missing something.

gregjsmith
02-16-2003, 02:41 AM
type cnlt-c to kill off tserver in the command line window where you started it.

snoopy
02-16-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by gregjsmith
type cnlt-c to kill off tserver in the command line window where you started it.

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the tip. running a chmod 777 on the file does close it but ctrl-c seems to have an better effect. Each new time I would run the TYTool6r1, I would get at least 12-30 seconds on NowShowing. This time (closing mfs correctly), I get 8. This is a tremendous improvement. It seems the way you close tserver would have no effect on this as bubble lamp stated, but it seems to in my case. Also, I noticed that my speed slowed with jdiners new double socket mode. Now that I know how to close tserver, i am going to test that mode again and see if my speed might increase where it is supposed to be. I hope this information helps someone other than myself. If not, thanks for the tip anyway Greg. You are a lifesaver. Jdiner, thanks for all the awesome work on TYTool. What a great program!