PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on HDVR2

mshelby
02-19-2003, 08:12 AM
At the moment is it possible to prevent the Tivo from needing to dial out?

At the moment I have a phone cord but it reaches from one side of the room to the other and my 4 year old trips on it and pulls the unit. I am aware the the S1's were able to do so and hope this one can as well. Please help

fixn278
02-19-2003, 09:12 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I can give you an alternative until you get one. Various companies (like RCA) make a phone line extender that is wireless. Plug one into an outlet close to the phone and one close to the Tivo.

orangejaylove
02-22-2003, 02:41 AM
not sure if tivolater 3.1 works on our machines I have another post about it out hopefully someone has an answer, the good thing is that I have seen a file fixsub3.1 that works with tivolater and does give the false possitive for the phonecall, don't know about the tiers on the p4 card and stuff but hopefully we will get some info soon.

mshelby
02-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if this unit will accept Hu cards?

mrblack51
02-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by orangejaylove
not sure if tivolater 3.1 works on our machines I have another post about it out hopefully someone has an answer, the good thing is that I have seen a file fixsub3.1 that works with tivolater and does give the false possitive for the phonecall, don't know about the tiers on the p4 card and stuff but hopefully we will get some info soon.

no, it wont work

Originally posted by mshelby
Does anyone know if this unit will accept Hu cards?

will the unit work with any card? yes. will it do so without modifications? no. its the same type of setup as any other dtv reciever, the card limitations are in software.

mshelby
02-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by mrblack51
will the unit work with any card? yes. will it do so without modifications? no. its the same type of setup as any other dtv reciever, the card limitations are in software.

Would it be possible for you to provide a link or e-mail me the information on how to mod it correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

orangejaylove
03-10-2003, 04:29 AM
MrBlack51 I thought you said someplace that fixsub3.1 works on the S2... the script does it, not on tivolater3.1 but just the 3.x or does the fixsub do something that I'm not aware of and confuseing it with Touch... or is Touch the old version ... ok head swimming... drowneing... can't spell anymore either... ack

blop!MrBlack51HowToAdvancedHeHeHe (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21103)