PDA

View Full Version : Extracted Programs Not Complete

Baracuda
02-19-2003, 05:02 PM
I have tried extractions using MFSStreamWeb98 and TyTool6r1a.

For both, I am only getting about 52 or 53 minutes of this hour long show. I can play the m2v and m2a individually, but they are incomplete.

What's up with that?

Thanks

captain_video
02-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Check the shows in question in the Now Playing list on the DTivo and make sure they were recorded for the full hour. If they were, then something may be causing Tytool to terminate prematurely. Try setting the channels on the DTivo to unused channels (i.e. channel 0) while extracting the shows. I've had problems with my DTivo rebooting during the extraction process and minimizing the activity on the DTivo during extraction seems to help immensely.

Baracuda
02-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Well, until I get home I can only check what the duration says it is from TivoWeb, Screen, Now Showing. But, I think I had checked by playing it and skipping to the end, and it was complete.
It hasn't rebooted my system, so I guess I will try your idea of flipping both tuners to an unused channel. Should also have additional recordings to play with, tonight (New Enteprise, I believe :-)

Seems I may have read someone else having incomplete ty files, but that going back to ver5 helped them. But, I've tried both ver6 and mfsstreams 98 with pretty much the same results.

Thanks for the suggestions

Baracuda
02-19-2003, 08:26 PM
wheee. Tuned both channels to channels with nothing on them, downloaded again, got the whole hour.

Now I am burning that puppy to vcd, unedited in any way, to see how out of sync the audio gets, if it does :)

Thanks for that tip. I am happy with my tricked out Sony T60. Wish my upcoming dvd burner wasn't backordered, but I should have it next week...I hope.

Tiros
02-21-2003, 12:35 PM
Cuda,

Can you tell me what NowShowing.tcl you are using? When I refresh the server gives an error similar to this: "sh: ./NowShowing.tcl file does not exist" from a script I found here. I have a Dtivo w/3.1. Please provide a link, or post the file if possble.

Thanks a lot

Baracuda
02-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiros
Cuda,

Can you tell me what NowShowing.tcl you are using? When I refresh the server gives an error similar to this: "sh: ./NowShowing.tcl file does not exist" from a script I found here. I have a Dtivo w/3.1. Please provide a link, or post the file if possble.

Thanks a lot

I am using tytool6r1a and this attached NowShowing.tcl. Remember, it needs to be in the same directory as tserver_mfs6, have the proper case, as shown above and both files need to be chmod to 777 (bet 755 works too). But, you probably already know this.
Good luck

Tiros
02-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Cuda,
Thanks for the quick reply. I cant wait to get home and try it. I just ordered the Pioneer A05 yesterday.

Edit:
Haven't tried it yet but it looks like the one I'm trying to use.
I did do the chmod, and the server is in the same dir: (/var/hack/utils) as the .tcl
The message seems to inidicate that a file referenced in the .tcl is not found. When I ls I see all the files.

Mebbe somethin else is wrong

Baracuda
02-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiros
Cuda,
Thanks for the quick reply. I cant wait to get home and try it. I just ordered the Pioneer A05 yesterday.

I noticed the attachment is not the proper case. rename it to NowShowing.tcl and remember to use binary mode to transfer it.

BTW, My A05 (well, 105 which is the same drive with a different bundle, but in stock with the black bezel) is due here Monday or Tuesday :-)

Tiros
02-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Sweeet! Thanks Cuda, it finally works!

I extracted a show and played it in MediaPlayer. The A/V sync is fine unless you try to FF with the player. Just let it play naturally and the audio stays synced for the full 30 minutes. I don't know if my new pio is coming with any burning proggie. It should be here around Tuesday. Seems like we are both at the same place in time.

Whats the least painfull way to proceed? Theres a lot of info here on mux/remux It seems like you have to do this to edit files? I definately do no want to re-encode anything, and I would like to eliminate commercials if its not too much extra work!

Right now I'm not really sure what "get parts" and "parse file" is all about.

captain_video
02-21-2003, 08:44 PM
The "Get Parts" option allows you to extract by FSIDs. If you look at the program in the Now Showing list you'll see groups of numbers separated by a "\" to the right of each show title. Each one of these numbers represents an FSID and is usually 512MB in size. Highlight the show and click on "Get Parts". A dialog window pops up and lists all of the FSID numbers for the selected show. Highlight one or more FSID numbers and click on "GO" to begin the extraction. You can extract in either tystream or vsplit mode. You can also set the initial jump point or the length of the file to be extracted in chunks (one FSID = 512MB = 4198 chunks). This is handy if you have an extremely large file that is too big to fit on a single DVD and you'd like to split up the file to burn to two DVDs. Eight FSIDs would be about 4GB. Selecting more than 8 may still be too big to fit on a single DVD since the actual available space on a DVD-R or -RW is about 4.36GB (the rest is used for lead-in and lead-out tracks).

The "Parse File" option is the same as doing a manual vsplit to an extracted tystream. If you extracted a show in tystream mode and want to split it after the fact, use the "Parse File" option to split it into separate audio (m2a) and video (m2v) files. You can use the "Set Initial Jump" and "Set Length" options in the Options menu when using the "Parse File" feature.