PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Q

swingkat420
02-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Hello...new to forum. Should I be worried if, I have DTV hacked and paying for TIVO service. From what I read Tivo logs everything. Anyway that can get back to me in the end for not paying for DTV?

BubbleLamp
02-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by swingkat420
Hello...new to forum. Should I be worried if, I have DTV hacked and paying for TIVO service. From what I read Tivo logs everything. Anyway that can get back to me in the end for not paying for DTV?

Yea, you should be plenty worried, since DTV now handles the billing for Tivo service too. At the very least, you ought to look at the sticky how-to threads to see how to clean the logs.

reds2k1
02-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Will you be able to use a hacked HU card in the DTivo receiver similiar to a standard receiver?

I was planning on subscribing to Tivo. Is it better to get the standalone Tivo unit instead?

zabs
02-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Red, your question about hacked HU card is not appropriate here.

HU cards to work in tivos, but I will not comment on alternative programming for them.

Your second question of whether a stand alone is better than a DirecTivo, is a matter purely up to the opinion and circumstances of the individual.

Some people like the stand alones as they don't need DTV, they can be used on cable/air signals as well. The tivo service is more expensive for stand alones than it is for the Dtivos. Some people like the extraction off of the Dtivo better than the stand alone as the quality is better. It is all up to what your specific needs are.

reds2k1
02-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Sorry for the inappropriate question and thanks for the info.