PDA

View Full Version : Failed while loading series

Taquita
02-21-2003, 12:02 AM
My Philips SA was working great. I noticed that the daily call started failing last weekend. The call completes normally, but the processing that follows fails at 30%. The message was "Failed while loading series."

Does anyone know what this means? How is it fixed? Are there any utilities I can use to straighten this out? I'd really like to keep my recordings if I can.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Taq

Taquita
02-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Nobody had any input, so I broke down and gave Philips their requested $19.95 to help with this problem. It was a waste of money, as it didn't correct the problem, so it looks like I'm going to have to reset from a backup image, anyway. I was really hoping to save my recordings.

Anyway, just so no one else is robbed by Philips, as I just was, here's what I was told by TiVo, and what my $20 bought me from Philips:

TiVo said my unit needed a "kickstart". I searched everywhere and could not find how to perform one, so maybe this will serve as the first documentation of such a procedure.

I've seen written of a startup message something like: Looking for kickstart panic signal

I say all of this, because it is search keywords I looked for while searching.

Here's what Philips had me do:
1. Go to TiVo Central
2. Select Messages & Setup
3. Select System Reset
4. Select Restart Receiver
5. Press Thumbs Down three times
6. Press Enter
7. WHILE the system is restarting, during the initial screen:
You PTV receiver is starting up...
Press and Hold the PAUSE button until both front panel lights illuminate (yellow).
8. AS SOON AS the lights come on, press "5" then "8" on the remote.
9. Put the remote down and wait. The system will proceed to the "Almost There..." screen for a moment and then jump to a new screen:
TiVo is installing new software from the TiVO service (or something similar).
10. That message remains for several minutes (eight?), and then the system restarts normally.

Philips/TiVo told me that this proceedure, a kickstart, will reset many of the files on your system. The error message is the result of a corruption on your hard disk.

I really hope this helps someone...

blasted bill
05-02-2005, 10:40 AM
it DID work for me. My tivo harddirve(hacked not orginal) had issues and turned out to be 6 bad sectors. i repaired them, and was able to get off my saved shows, it still wouldn't let me get off my settings though(thumbs up, season passes...). i did a "kickstart" as you discribed and my tivo is working perfectly now. I'm very broke and can't afford a new hd, but will use this one tell it dies completely and not keep any imporant shows saved on it. Thanks.

Taquita
05-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I am so glad this information was helpful to someone. Thanks for the follow-up message. It sure is satisfying to know that a problem I ran into, well documented (apparently) actually helped someone else. :-)