PDA

View Full Version : sony svr3000 with direct tv

spel
02-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Is there a way to use the new series 2 sony svr3000 80hr stand alone unit with unsubscribed direct tv and subscribed cable?

When the tivo makes a phone call out to get updated show lists does it contact the cable company and direct tv to verfiy who is using the tivo service?

I have been testing with HU direct tv for awhile and recently bought a svr3000 primarly for use with my legit cable but if I could use it for direct tv as well I would love to.

Thanks for any input.

mrblack51
02-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by spel
Is there a way to use the new series 2 sony svr3000 80hr stand alone unit with unsubscribed direct tv and subscribed cable?

When the tivo makes a phone call out to get updated show lists does it contact the cable company and direct tv to verfiy who is using the tivo service?

I have been testing with HU direct tv for awhile and recently bought a svr3000 primarly for use with my legit cable but if I could use it for direct tv as well I would love to.

SA units can use two sources, and many have used theirs with both DTV and cable. Tivo, as far as anyone knows, neither has the time nor desire to cross-check everyone who gets DTV listings to ensure that they pay for dtv. all they care about is getting their money from you. Now, would they provide that info if asked by DTV, once dtv had probable cause? dunno, possibly.

basically, its up to you. you are the one taking the risk