PDA

View Full Version : Ty location

linenoise
02-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Where are the Ty files loacated on the Tivo? I can connect to my Tivo with both Tivo Web, and WS Ftp. I can download files through Tivo Web, but I can't find them with FTP. Where are they located, and how would I get to them? I'm having issues with downloading movies over 1 hour with Tivo Web, so I would like to try it this way.
Thanks in advance

Pr.Sinister
02-22-2003, 01:54 PM
This is wayyyy off topic but i just had all kinds of memories
when i saw your name.

I'm sure you don't know but Line Noise was a pretty big name
back in the BBS days... He was the whiz kid cracker that founded
INC (International Network of Crackers).

When i saw the name it brought back memories of THG, PE, TDT
and FLT back when Strider was running it. I used to be part
of 2 of these groups at one time or another and those were
fun times.

Good old days... Back then you had to shell out 500$ to get
a U.S. Robotics Courrier 14.4k HST. Way before v.32 came out
and Boca unleashed the lowcost 200$ 14.4k Modems...

Hahahaha... I love the nostalgia of that era...

-Pr.

AlphaWolf
02-22-2003, 01:56 PM
heh I remember that, it was awesome getting a whole kilobyte per second.

linenoise
02-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I remember those days well. I've actually used this name since 1987 or 1988 I think. Back in the days of the 300 bps modem and the WWIII BBS Servers. I remember when the BBSes first started to merge their "News Groups" of info boards, or chat areas, or whatever they were called back then. Once or twice a night they would call into each other and merge information. I miss the good old text days. When the only graphics that exsisted were creatred by The Draw.
Thanks for the memories....

linenoise
02-22-2003, 02:04 PM
I actually got TyTool to work, so I can extract now, but I'm still wondering where the files are on the Tivo, or is it in another partition that I won't be able to see with a FTP program?

AlphaWolf
02-22-2003, 02:27 PM
tystreams are actualy stored in a proprietary filesystem called MFS. Although a standard FTP daemon wouldn't work, RC3105 released an ftp daemon that mounts tystreams as files.

linenoise
02-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Cool, thanks