PDA

View Full Version : Tytool6 broke both old and new version

dalntgenius
02-23-2003, 11:31 PM
I just uploaded the new tytool6r1 and now the problem I get is that whether I load the old tserver_mfs5 or the new tserver_mfs6, whenever I launch the tytool (5 or 6.1), it launches successful. When I click REFRESH, the tytool Windows program closes. Both versions. Now I can't even extract with the old version. I did run a chmod 777 against the new tserver_mfs6 file. I have not done a reset of my Tivo, but didn't expect that to be an issue, since I closed the old tserver processes.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Thanks!

BareMetal
02-24-2003, 12:57 AM
do what you havn't done yet. Reboot your tivo. When I went to 6.1 tytools would crash everytime I tried to use it. I would recieve an error from the nowshowing.tcl script on some line, sorry I don't remember exacty what it was. But anyways a simple reboot solved my issue. From what you've posted you havn't tried that yet.

After you do the reboot, if there is still an issue. Please post the some sort of output if you could.. either from the server or the client.. We need some sort of error or message, and then maybe someone can help you.

dalntgenius
02-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Well, sure enough it's the most common fix to all of life's problems.

All is well now.

Thanks!

jdiner
02-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Sounds like you did not close both the client and the server at the same time. Both have to be shut down to roll to new versions. Many who report this type of problem left the client up when replacing the server. This holds the socket on the Tivo open and so you can't get much of anything working right until a reboot is done.

--jdiner