PDA

View Full Version : Lines Lines why do I have lines.

bbz
02-25-2003, 10:15 AM
When I extract video, it seems I have lines that resemble an interlaced screen when the action moves FAST ---- this is using windows media player, and could perhaps be the cause.. not sure.

I sure wish someone would come out with a down and dirty guide on extracting video with all the latest tools, and howto properly get the video onto dvd -- all the steps, all the things to look out for.

Like, when I first extract video, it comes out in nearly an upright rectangle shape. Is this suppose to happen? Hell if i know. How do i fix it? Refer to my previous anwser.....

zobetron
02-25-2003, 12:21 PM
This is just a guess (your description is rather vague) but it may be that your fields are out of order. That is, if you are using TMPGEnc or CCE or somesuch to reencode your shows.

Z

Barrett
02-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Thats because the video is interlaced, it will look bad on a computer monitor but if you burn it to dvd it will look just fine, you can reencode with TMPG and use a deinterlace filter but from my experience the picture will not look as good on a TV. As for the other problem, that is due to your Tivo encoding video at 352x480 resolution, Change the recording quality to something higher or edit your resources and you won't have this problem anymore.

bbz
02-26-2003, 01:01 AM
exactly how do i go about making my tivo record at a higher quality to fix that problem?

Barrett
02-26-2003, 02:51 AM
Well, it depends on what quality your recordings are set to, basic, medium, best, etc. some are different resolutions,
http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/tivo.html
this page tells how to set your tivo to encode at SVCD resolution and bitrate, it might help some.