PDA

View Full Version : DRU-500A & SpruceUp?

magikempire
02-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Basic question here:

Can I use my Sony DRU-500A with SpruceUp? I have been trying to burn movies onto DVD+RW and I cannot get the drive to write without erroring. If I cannot write to a DVD using Spruce Up can I export the project somehow and import with Nero?

Thank,
Magik

Hobby
02-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by magikempire
Basic question here:

Can I use my Sony DRU-500A with SpruceUp? I have been trying to burn movies onto DVD+RW and I cannot get the drive to write without erroring. If I cannot write to a DVD using Spruce Up can I export the project somehow and import with Nero?

Thank,
Magik

Magik: When you're finished authoring your project - press the #3 "EXPORT" button.

Under Export Properties - Set "OutPut To" to Title Set and set "Folder Path" to whatever you want.

When SpruceUp is finished you can Open Nero, find the folder you used in SpruceUp "Folder Path" and burn the title set to DVD.

--Hobby--

magikempire
02-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Hobby-

I tried writing an image as a .img file but Nero could not understand the file type. I am trying the Title Set option you suggested and will post follow up once that step is complete with compiling and hopefully authoring.

Thanks,
Magik

Hobby
02-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by magikempire
Hobby-

I tried writing an image as a .img file but Nero could not understand the file type. I am trying the Title Set option you suggested and will post follow up once that step is complete with compiling and hopefully authoring.

Thanks,
Magik

By the Way - When the Title Set is finished - it will produce (2) Sub Folders
1) Audio
2) Video
You will only be interested in the Video Sub Folder - everything you need is in there - The Audio Folder should be empty.

--Hobby--

captain_video
02-25-2003, 05:52 PM
SpruceUp cannot burn directly to the Sony. SpruceUp was discontinued long before the DRU-500 was introduced and therefore does not support any recent model DVD burners. Write the project to a Title Set and then burn to DVD using the UDF/ISO option in Nero. The folders generated will be VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. As indicated, the AUDIO_TS is not needed but you can include it if you want to as it is part of the DVD architecture (the folder is empty and intended for use with DVD Audio-only discs).

magikempire
02-25-2003, 08:02 PM
Looks like transferring the title set worked. All files except the .lay file were transferred successfully and work on all my DVD players.

Thanks,
Magik

captain_video
02-25-2003, 09:38 PM
The .lay file is something that SpruceUp generates and is not really important for burning DVDs using Nero or other burning software.