PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo to a valid mpeg2 file

alexbabyboy
02-26-2003, 06:01 AM
i've been trying almost every way in this forum to get a mpeg2 file from dtivo stream. my problem is after i get the ty file from tytool6 with tserver_mfs6

Here is what i've tried after i got ty file:

1. vsplitmux2.make key--->gopeditor4.make cut--->vsplitmux2.output mux file

2. tytool6 internal vsplit--->vsplitmux2. output mux file

3. tytool6 internal mux

4. parse file--->tmpgenc mux

all these methods mention above will not get me a good mpeg2 file from DTIVO. When i said good mpeg2 file, i mean a mpeg2 file that when play through WMP i can jump to any point of the file without slow down or freeze.

My questions:
1. Any solution that works for you? please be specific.
2. why is that PowerDVD will play the file fine, but it freezes/slow when i try to preview it in MyDVD,SpruceIt,M2-edit,WMP?
3. What is up with GOP errors when i use M2-edit to examine the file?
4. Why is search on this forum different from other forum? i mean when i want to search for anything, it only result in the topics and not where the location of the topic. it's a pain sometimes when the file or subject is in the 37th reply of 250 total replies. So when someone ask have you try search before asking? So, yeah i search, but after that i have to manually find it. beats the point of Search funtion.

Well any help would be great. thanks.

alexbabyboy
02-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Well I found way which works pretty well. I use mfsstream and tyhppd to grab TY file instead of TYOOL. Then i vsplitmux and now i got a file that plays/edit without much problems.

FreydNot
02-27-2003, 02:44 AM
You might want to try using TyDemux as a replacement for vsplitmux. I've had better luck with it.

bato
02-27-2003, 02:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but tydemux is used after you extracted the .ty, so maybe if he have problems with tytool6 and tserver_mfs6 to extract the .ty then maybe he can get into trouble with it no?

FreydNot
02-27-2003, 03:18 AM
To use TyDemux, you would use TyTool to get the .ty file in .ty mode (not in split mode). Then you feed the .ty file through TyDemux and you get an m2v (video) file and a mpa (audio) file that is mpeg compliant.

alexbabyboy
02-27-2003, 03:31 AM
Does Tydemux Mux in single Mpeg file?
I'm about to do some cutting with music video.i notice that not all file from dtivo are equal in fps. one is 29.xx and other is 25.xx. will that affect the authoring process? i really don't want to transcode.

FreydNot
02-27-2003, 04:07 AM
TyDemux will correct the variable frame rate stuff so the resulting file comes out 29.97. If you want an mpg file you will need to mux the audio and video files. You can use mplex or tmpeg or bbmpeg or pretty much any of the muxing tools. vsplit will also correct the variable frame rates, but I have had better luck getting past temporal reference errors using TyDemux.

alexbabyboy
02-27-2003, 05:49 PM
I can't get any good mpeg. so i end up doing a full transcode using tmpgenc when i'm doing small cuts, like music video. i guess dtivo is design to just skip any error and move on, but WMP doesn't.

BubbleLamp
02-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by alexbabyboy
I can't get any good mpeg. so i end up doing a full transcode using tmpgenc when i'm doing small cuts, like music video. i guess dtivo is design to just skip any error and move on, but WMP doesn't.

WMP shouldn't be your yardstick for good MPEGs, it sucks. Get ahold of PowerDVD or WinDVD.

AlphaWolf
02-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Tydemux produces perfectly legal mpeg streams out of all tystreams. Currently it's the only software that actualy can do this with directivo streams, no ammount of processing with any other software will do that to every tystream you run into.

AlphaWolf
02-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Windows media player is actualy pretty pathetic though. You should only trust that program to play wmv or wma files, and nothing else. I think I have a pretty good guess as to why this is, but they have crippled the codecs of every media format except for their own to make it give terrible playback. Just compare how WMP plays MP3s vs playing MP3s in winamp with the MAD plugin (http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/mad-plugin/). WMP makes it sound like total shit in comparison, and most poeple don't even realize this b/c they haven't even tried anything else, then they sit there and think that WMA is of such a phenominal quality. And microsoft doesn't allow you to pick what codec you want in media player either. (well, mp3 is shitty quality anyways, but WMP makes it even shittier)