PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers needed for the DVD portions of TyTool...

jdiner
02-27-2003, 02:49 AM
The title pretty much says it all.

I need some volunteers to give the DVD portions of TyTool a whirl.

At the moment while I think things are right I can't be sure. So it needs some testing.

The keys here:

1- You need a DVD burner. I can test the ifo fileset plays in a software decoder. What I need is people willing to put things onto a disk and try it in a hardware player. DVD-R versus DVD-RW isn't important to me at the this point as long as it works for other things for you.

I.e. I could not care less about your player not working for any DVD-RW disk.

2- You need to have been able to burn and play a DVD-R sucessfully in the past.

I am defining success at this point as it played with no disk issues. I am not talking A/V sync. The whole point of this is to get that sync. So whatever tool you used in the past to burn the disk. If it went in and played then we have something to compare against.

3- Either patience or a masochistic streak a mile wide. While early tests are working for me. I get the feeling this is going to be somewhat painful.

What I mean by that is little things are tripping all of this up. I did a UDF1.02 disk and it plays in my APEX ad-600a. But not in the new JVC my brother has. The 1.05 disk plays there but not here. So some work is going to be needed. And coasters or repeated burns are to be expected.

4- All of this is of course BYOM... Bring your own media. If you are going to volunteer be ready to be testing things as mentioned above. I know I have stressed it several times. But it is best to be clear.

Now having said all of that. The good news is that I put 4.2 gig worth of commercial cut shows onto a disk and things look right to me. Sync is maintained. The display was solid and very very pretty. And no reencoding or remux'ing of any kind was needed.

The tools are still rough around the edges but the TyTool GUI is being used. Some changes were made to make things better and it works for the most part. I.e. no real crashes yet... :)

So some of those of you that have made 50+ DVD disks and want to help this go the final mile PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me a shout. And make yours, mine, and everyone elses day, week, month or year as appropriate...

--jdiner

jdiner
02-27-2003, 02:51 AM
For those that are burning so many DVDs with some success. Any comments on the settings/versions/options that work the best in the most hardware options?

Or do you just find what works for the player you have now and ignore general compatibility?

--jdiner

fixn278
02-27-2003, 04:01 AM
I haven't touched tytool6 yet, but I am willing to help.

Here's what I have used in the past....
Tytool5--->DVDPatcher--->Spruceup--->DVDPatcher--->Spruceup--->Nero

Other than some temporal reference errors, it has been flawless.

Using DSR6000@2.5 and Pioneer A04 & Sony DRU-500A

I have found two dvd players (I have tried about 8) that do not play these, but they don't play any burned media, so I don't think the content is the issue.

Just let me know what procedure you want me to follow and I'll get started. I have plenty of media (-r, -rw +rw) to work with.

I am off for the next few days recovering from surgery, so I will do what I can, so lead the way.

bronco13
02-27-2003, 04:54 AM
JDINER,

I would be highly interested in participating. I've got the burner, got the media, got the tubornet.

I've been burning for quite some time and have been using your stuff since the beginning.

Also, I have access to OC lines if we need to move any data.

I can work from home whenever I want so let me know...

Thanks...

akeogh
02-27-2003, 04:57 AM
I will gladly volunteer.

can burn dvd +R +RW -R & -RW

have tested DVDs with mpeg1 & AC3 streams on same image oh and sync is maintained.

my only problem is that being in UK my picture format is 544x576

this plays back ok in Power DVD and top of range DVD players but only fills 3/4 of screen on my Toshiba 220E.

oh and I only have about 300GB of test data :)

bfdhe
02-27-2003, 08:31 AM
I would be happy to give it a whirl. I am currently using TyTool and DVD Movie Factory. Have made about 10 good DVDs over the past week. SA Tivo is set for 720X480 with sattelite input only.

I have 4 Pioneer DVD burners and stacks of DVD-R media.

captain_video
02-27-2003, 09:00 AM
I'd be happy to help out. I am in the same boat as fixn278 and have yet to try out tytool6 (I'm still using the original tytool5) but I'm anxious to give it a whirl. Been burning DVDs for over 8 months now so I'm pretty sure I qualify. I mostly use the basic method of tytool (tysplit mode) -> DVD Patcher -> SpruceUp -> DVD Patcher -> SpruceUp -> Burn to Pioneer A03 directly. I have had occasion to try IFOEdit. I've also experimented with cutting commercials (i.e. unwanted chapters) using Smart Ripper and TMPGEnc for demuxing. Let me know what you want me to do and I'll get tytool6 up and running along with anything else I need to use, such as GOPEditor.

mrwalker66
02-27-2003, 09:06 AM
dvd+r burner, sa tivo 3.0
i use tytool release 5.4, gopeditor, vsplitmux2a, tempenc to demux and ifoedit 9.6 beta to make dvd....i have lots of 1/2 shows and movies archived on dvd and am willing to participate....

Wes
02-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by fixn278
I haven't touched tytool6 yet, but I am willing to help.

Here's what I have used in the past....
Tytool5--->DVDPatcher--->Spruceup--->DVDPatcher--->Spruceup--->Nero

Other than some temporal reference errors, it has been flawless.

Using DSR6000@2.5 and Pioneer A04

I have the same hardware and use the identical procedures. Instead of Spruceup, I use DVD Maestro to skip commercial. But for quick and dirty work, SpruceUp is what i use also. I gave up on my old Pioneer DVD player since it can't handle DVD-RW. I only play my DVDs on my Apex 1200 and 5131 for my ty DVD-Rs and DVD-RW.

Fugg
02-27-2003, 09:18 AM
I'll be glad to help!

and I'll have to chime in with:

Tytool6--->DVDPatcher--->Spruceup--->DVDPatcher--->Spruceup--->burn

a04 burner on an apex 1100w and a 3501

Ellipse
02-27-2003, 09:21 AM
I would love to help. I have an A04 and I have had the same success with the above process (starting with TyTool5) and have both the media and the items I would like to burn. Plus, from working on various betas in the past for different manufactures, I have come to enjoy the pain and suffering a beta puts people through. :)

Pr.Sinister
02-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by jdiner
For those that are burning so many DVDs with some success. Any comments on the settings/versions/options that work the best in the most hardware options?

Or do you just find what works for the player you have now and ignore general compatibility?

--jdiner

I'll help in the testing...

As for what i have noticed, discs work in a greater variety of
players if i use UDF/ISO in Nero rather than just UDF. So people
should burn your end result VOB files in that mode.

The Xbox Compatibility option is also great.

-Pr.

RxMan
02-27-2003, 09:46 AM
I would also like to help. I meet all of the requirements and have been using TyTool6 since it's release.

I have found that UDF works, but, UDF/ISO is more compatible with more DVD players.

I have burned DVDs many, many different ways. My father has a player that I tried about 10-15 different methods on. Then I discovered that it won't accept any dvd-r media! LOL. Oh well, it gave me experience.

Should I PM you or should I be expecting a PM if chosen?

THANKS!

bato
02-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Me too, me too :D

I don't have 100 blanks, but I do have RW so is not mucho of a problem erasing/writing those discs.

Bigdog999
02-27-2003, 10:32 AM
anyway I can help, I will !!!! SA Tivo that I have adjusted for DVD output of 720x480. I use both DVD maestro and spruceup for menus and burn with stomp recordnowmax. works great

Mishap64
02-27-2003, 10:40 AM
I would like to help.

m2a/m2v / DVDPatcher > Spruce > DVDPatcher > Spruce > Nero

I have used TYTool6 & GOPEdior and using keys. Just gettin GOP Reference errors which I am still playing with

I have also been editing comericials using TMPGEnc from TiVo Extracts

T60 TiVoNET
Pioneer 104

Mishap64
mishap64@swapquest.com

dialanothernumb
02-27-2003, 10:45 AM
I'd like to volunteer too. I have successfully burnt shows from a UK Tivo using Tytools 6a-->vsplit-->dvd2avi-->vfapiconv-->winamp-->virtualdub-->tmpgenc-->movie factory
I have a DRU500 on 2.8GHz P4 running XP Pro
(You can see why I want a simpler process!)

Thanks for all your work so far jdiner

koreth
02-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Count me in too -- I have a big stack of empty DVD-Rs (and another stack of DVD-RWs with .ty files) just waiting for this.

wolkowh
02-27-2003, 11:37 AM
I've made over 500 discs currently using the

Tytool 6->Batch Patcher->Spruce Maestro to create the .prv->Batch Patcher->

(a) Spruce Up to Author & Burn

or to edit out commercials

(b) Spruce Maestro (Chapters around commercials)-> Smart Ripper (pull non-commercial chapters) -> TMPGenc (demux .vob file) -> Batch Patcher -> Spruce Up -> Batch Patcher -> Spruce Up & Burn

Love to pitch in
Howard

zobetron
02-27-2003, 11:45 AM
I'd like to help you with the testing. I have successfully burned many DVDs with my Sony DRU 500a and am very patient.

Currently using this method (among others):

TyTool > GOP Editor > TyTool > Demux > Transcode audio > Ifoedit 96b > Nero

TIA,

Z

KingCurly
02-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Would love to help.

UK SA 2.5.5
Have DVD+R burner. With loads of DVD+RWs

tytool6 -> Movie Factory 2 -> Nero

old7
02-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Count me in to help.

m2a/m2v / DVDPatcher > Spruce > DVDPatcher > Spruce > Nero

I have a Pioneer A04 and A05. I have a JVC DVD player, 2 different Sony DVD players and a Blaupunkt DVD player (mobile player). I also send some to my daughter in college with an Apex.

It took a bit of trial and error to get Ty-stream DVD-R media to play on all of these, but it is working. I have come by a few players that won't play any DVD-R media, but not much that you can do there.

Let me know what I can do.

Old7

jdiner
02-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Ok. This thread is closed. We are going to be starting small. And then going, hopefully, quickly into production use so that everyone can use it.

Thanks for volunteering. As before I will be picking only a couple and then lucky, or unlucky, souls will be notified.

Thanks again for wanting to help.

--jdiner

jdiner
02-27-2003, 04:55 PM
I do apologize if I seemed a bit brusk in my closing of this thread.

I will give a full description of what is going on. But I want to do it elsewhere. Stage 1 was getting some volunteers with time and the right equipment.

The next several stages start with a discussion that will be held elsewhere as it is seperate from this call from this call for help.

I think for now what I will do is move it to a new TyTool thread and close the current one.

Again sorry for any confusion...

--jdiner