PDA

View Full Version : Tytool 6.1a - MPEG --> SVCD Freezing?

Neutronflux
02-27-2003, 02:30 PM
I've been trying to make SVCDs to run in my Pioneer 353-s Model DVD player -- I dump the .ty, make the key file, cut out the commercials and then produce the MPEG.

When I play the disc in my Pioneer - whenever the player gets to the "cut point" it freezes. It doesn't Jam the machine - if I hit FF and then Quickly hit Play it jumps over and continues to play until the next cut point. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to burn / cut / edit that will prevent this freezing?

Pr.Sinister
02-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Jdiner is aware of it... He's working on a fix

-Pr.

chadbear
02-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Neutronflux
I've been trying to make SVCDs to run in my Pioneer 353-s Model DVD player -- I dump the .ty, make the key file, cut out the commercials and then produce the MPEG.

When I play the disc in my Pioneer - whenever the player gets to the "cut point" it freezes. It doesn't Jam the machine - if I hit FF and then Quickly hit Play it jumps over and continues to play until the next cut point. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to burn / cut / edit that will prevent this freezing?

What did you do with the audio? The mpeg output from tytool is 48khz and the svcd spec is for 44.1khz...

Neutronflux
02-27-2003, 03:17 PM
I didn't alter the audio in any way - the Pioneer doesn't seem to have any problems with the audio, I think the machine downsamples it on the fly.

Neutronflux
02-28-2003, 01:25 AM
Pr. Sinister - do you know of a work around for the SVCD problem? Or would the best thing be just to sit tight and be patient for updated utilities to be released...?

Neutronflux
02-28-2003, 02:27 PM
Ok, thanks to the ever industrious [and helpful] Bubblelamp -- this is what works for those of you who are scratching your heads:

Dump the Ty using Tytool - create Key file - edit out commercials with GOPeditor 4 - Produce MPEG with Tytool -- take MPEG and do a SIMPLE REMUX with TMPEGenc -- Make sure Header is 480X480 using DVD Patcher - Burn with Nero.

This works and solves the freezing problem. It's the best solution as of Feb. 28th 2003 that we've got until Josh releases his new utility.

Hope this helps!

chadbear
02-28-2003, 03:38 PM
That doesn't reencode the audio though... anyone know how much of a compatibility problem the nonstandard audio is?

BubbleLamp
02-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Neutronflux
Ok, thanks to the ever industrious [and helpful] Bubblelamp -- this is what works for those of you who are scratching your heads:

Dump the Ty using Tytool - create Key file - edit out commercials with GOPeditor 4 - Produce MPEG with Tytool -- take MPEG and do a SIMPLE REMUX with TMPEGenc -- Make sure Header is 480X480 using DVD Patcher - Burn with Nero.

This works and solves the freezing problem. It's the best solution as of Feb. 28th 2003 that we've got until Josh releases his new utility.

Hope this helps!

No thanks to me, thank Bato and Pr.S for their efforts. I'm just the parrot. (A happy parrot!)

chadbear, 48K is alright for DVD, but I guess you'll still need to tweek the audio for SVCD if it's supposed to be 44.1. Never tried to make one of them myself.

Pr.Sinister
02-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by chadbear
That doesn't reencode the audio though... anyone know how much of a compatibility problem the nonstandard audio is?

Before i got my DVD Burner, i was making SVCD's by the ton.

I always left the audio at 48Khz and never had a problem.

You should know i use an Apex AD-1200 to play those. It's been
known to play my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches too :D

Neutronflux
03-03-2003, 01:47 AM
Hey Pr. Thanks for the heads up -- apex huh? I think my Pioneer can play those sandwiches too!