PDA

View Full Version : Screensavers TurboNet install...

psperry
02-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Did any one catch the Screensaves today? Leo did a TurboNet install demonstration. Anyway, he said that if you try to do video extraction under 3.1 it'll disable your TurboNet. Has anyone else heard this? I have been doing all kinds of extraction and my TurboNet works just like it alway has...

BubbleLamp
02-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by psperry
Did any one catch the Screensaves today? Leo did a TurboNet install demonstration. Anyway, he said that if you try to do video extraction under 3.1 it'll disable your TurboNet. Has anyone else heard this? I have been doing all kinds of extraction and my TurboNet works just like it alway has...

Leo is an *****. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

zabs
03-01-2003, 01:00 AM
...he said that if you try to do video extraction under 3.1 it'll disable your TurboNet...

Bunch of CRAP.

Fugg
03-01-2003, 09:20 AM
... he said that if you try to do video extraction under 3.1 it'll disable your TurboNet.

It'll grow hair on your knuckles and if you do it too much you'll need glasses, too!
:D

tweaky
03-01-2003, 10:26 AM
This coming from the same guy who told a caller (same show) that had a bootleg copy of XP Pro and had bought XP Home to be legal, to just leave the XP Pro on. Then, it looked like he got the stink eye from someone and retracted that.

BareMetal
03-01-2003, 11:17 AM
I watched that show once. He was trying to show everyone how easy it was to remove a virus with Norton Antivirus. I believe the virus he was put on the computer and was trying to remove was Klez (I could be wrong on this).... but anyways. He ran Norton and it found the virus. He was then explaing how to clean the file, of course this failed. So he was then explaining how to quarantine the file.

He then was saying..See how easy that was, the virus has been quarantiened and we have avoided desaster.

I guess he didn't look to hard at the screen. Where is said, "unable to quarantien the file. Action taken: left alone".

I guess they don't test what they are planning to do before the air the show.

spinxter
03-01-2003, 07:50 PM
When and where would I find this show? The ineptitude sounds hysterical.

BareMetal
03-01-2003, 08:23 PM
it's on tech tv.. channel 354 on DTV