PDA

View Full Version : Understanding noppv

jjfeiler
03-01-2003, 01:21 PM
I want to purchase PPV movies via the web site, then record them overnight. It is my understanding that the noppv.tcl script will remove the PPV flag from the DTiVo database, allowing future recordings to be scheduled. The noppv script, however, warns people using a legit sub to use it. I presume it is because when the noppv script removes the flags, it is no longer able to order a PPV fromt he DTiVo itself -- is that correct?

Also, is 1.2 the most recent version of the noppv script?

Can anyone confirm that noppv 1.2 works with SAT-T60 and 3.1.0. Any caveats/warnings?

J

zabs
03-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Not sure about the ver 3.0 part of your question as I haven't made the jump yet, but here's some info on the rest:

If you intend to purchase ppv's over the website and then record them then noppv should work as you want it to.
The reason the warning is on there is that most people order via the remote. NoPPV would obviously screw that process up.

jjfeiler
03-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Just to confirm, it works. I thought something was wrong at first, but the directv.com web site was acting flakey... once I got that sorted out, everything is copacetic.

jjfeiler
03-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Just to confirm, it works. I thought something was wrong at first, but the directv.com web site was acting flakey... once I got that sorted out, everything is copacetic.

iamskywalker
03-12-2003, 03:27 PM
How do you install the noppv file on to the directivo HD.

Can someone give me step by step instructions. Sorry, but I have looked and cannot seem to find anything.

I have a sony sat-t60 with lifetime sub. I have ordered the serial cable, and played a little bit with the Hyperterminal program. I am new to this, so any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,

Luke