Hi8
03-01-2003, 09:50 PM
SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
No EventSwitcher active
while executing
"dbopen $dbPoolSize"
(file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 330)
Waiting for an incomming connection!

anybody know why I'm starting to get this... after a reboot it works fine, then after I complete an extraction the next time I get the above error.

mrblack51
03-01-2003, 10:07 PM
this is a known issue with 3.1. basically, if you run a script enough times or long enough, the event switcher will die. It will do it much quicker if you have tivoweb running and other scripts run via cron for example

Hi8
03-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by mrblack51
this is a known issue with 3.1. basically, if you run a script enough times or long enough, the event switcher will die. It will do it much quicker if you have tivoweb running and other scripts run via cron for example

thanks for the info, is there a way to start it short of rebooting? can I restart it manually via a telnet session?

is this the process that is dying?

/tvbin/switcherstart -m -F

Fugg
03-02-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by mrblack51

Do you think that this may be the reason some are getting bad recordings/extractions? aka, too many "additional jobs" running in the background over and above the regular programs that the tivo needs to be running, causing the tivo processor to "max out" and cause glitches and dropouts during recording?

:confused: