PDA

View Full Version : TyTool Question: Am I using it correctly?

bds42
03-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Hi Gang-
I'm a newbie to extraction over the last couple weeks and I have some questions. I've been able to extract ty streams and convert them into MPEGs that seem to play fine on the pc though I have not burned any yet.

Right now I'm doing this:

1) use tytool6r1 to get the ty streams
2) vsplit -k to make an m2a,
3) gopedit then go thru and cut out commercials.
4) vsplit -m -c to make the mpeg.

So two questions:
1) can I eliminate some steps/time using other stuff that's built into tytool (or anything else for that matter)

2) When I finally go to burn the MPEGs I've made, is the only step left to use DVDPatcher on them before I do the burning?

Thanks in advance for your help.

bds42

bds42
03-05-2003, 01:00 AM
so was this question too hard or too dumb?

:)

BubbleLamp
03-05-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by bds42
Hi Gang-
I'm a newbie to extraction over the last couple weeks and I have some questions. I've been able to extract ty streams and convert them into MPEGs that seem to play fine on the pc though I have not burned any yet.

Right now I'm doing this:

1) use tytool6r1 to get the ty streams
2) vsplit -k to make an m2a,
3) gopedit then go thru and cut out commercials.
4) vsplit -m -c to make the mpeg.

So two questions:
1) can I eliminate some steps/time using other stuff that's built into tytool (or anything else for that matter)

2) When I finally go to burn the MPEGs I've made, is the only step left to use DVDPatcher on them before I do the burning?

Thanks in advance for your help.

bds42

Actually you need to 1 or 2 steps, depending on the authoring app you use.

After 4, you must run the file through TMPG or some other tool to remux the MPG to fix the audio problems.

Then you need to patch the headers before loading in some authoring apps, then repost the headers of the resultant VOBs.