PDA

View Full Version : Ty stream to MPEG to VCD... (VCD out of synch)

rearviewmirror
03-03-2003, 01:35 AM
When I convert my Ty streams to MPEG everything is fine, I play them with power DVD on my PC and everything looks good and the sound is in synch. BUT, when I use Nero to convert them to VCD the finished product when played in a DVD player is off by approximately 2 seconds. I have scoured this forum and VCDHELP.com for answers but don't really have an idea of why it is in synch in MPEG form on a PC but not in VCD format on a DVD player.

jmhenry5150
06-02-2003, 01:50 PM
I have the same problem...did you get a resolution?

dvwannab
06-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by rearviewmirror
When I convert my Ty streams to MPEG everything is fine, I play them with power DVD on my PC and everything looks good and the sound is in synch. BUT, when I use Nero to convert them to VCD the finished product when played in a DVD player is off by approximately 2 seconds. I have scoured this forum and VCDHELP.com for answers but don't really have an idea of why it is in synch in MPEG form on a PC but not in VCD format on a DVD player.

Did you use Nero to convert to VCD compatible file? Not sure if that is what you meant. If so, I would STRONGLY recommend not using Nero to do your MPEG 2 conversion to MPEG 1. This is not one of Nero's strong points and you should not use it to do any kind of encoding. Frankly, it sucks at that.

I would suggest DVD2AVI -> VirtualDubMod and frameserve -> Standalone encoder, like TMPG. Results will be much better. Chech at DVDrhelp.com or try Doom9.org.

Cheers.

lmurray
06-02-2003, 06:03 PM
I second dvwannab's post. Neros ability to reencode vcd's sucks! If you really want good quality vcds, you will need to frameserve into TMPGEnc(coder). I've used DVD2AVI. There's plenty of websites off of vcdhelp for this.

If you can settle for svcds, jdiners tytools6 and now 7 can mux directly into a svcd format, which can be burnt using nero. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum for info on tytools7.

hope this helps,
-lloyd-