PDA

View Full Version : cmdline app for converting audio?

chadbear
03-05-2003, 02:12 PM
The extraction from a Dtivo brings audio out at 48khz. That's fine, and I can convert it with tmpgenc. I'd like to be able to automate this, though, and that would require a command line app to do it. Does anyone know of a command line tool that can do this?

tlphipps
03-05-2003, 03:08 PM
beweet seems like exactly what you're looking for.

Just do a search on this forum for besweet and you should find everything you need to know.

r00g
03-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Besweet is good, but is a bit complex for just resampling. Try SSRC if you don't like Besweet.

http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/

chadbear
03-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at both. They may not be all that useful after all, though, as I haven't found a way to mux on a command line that actually works from the split audio and video files instead of the .ty

I've been using vsplit and that seems to do the muxing from the ty even if you give it an m2a to use... is there another tool I can use for this? I'm trying to go from .ty to compliant svcd and since tytool isn't quite ready for that yet I'm trying to set myself up automated.

BubbleLamp
03-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by chadbear
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at both. They may not be all that useful after all, though, as I haven't found a way to mux on a command line that actually works from the split audio and video files instead of the .ty

I've been using vsplit and that seems to do the muxing from the ty even if you give it an m2a to use... is there another tool I can use for this? I'm trying to go from .ty to compliant svcd and since tytool isn't quite ready for that yet I'm trying to set myself up automated.

Try mpauley's batch file here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=82878#post83025).

chadbear
03-05-2003, 05:21 PM
Cool, I'll take a look. I'll probably have to make changes as my audio is already at 48khz and I need to downsample it to 44.1. It will be nice to see what tools are being used, though. I'm actually thinking about a perl based, COMPLETELY automated script. One that will, at scheduled times, telnet over, start tserver, pull over specific shows, delete them from the tivo, process them locally and output a .iso of the svcd. If I actually know all of the tools needed and how to use them this sort of automation would not be hard at all to set up. You could give it a list of shows and times to yank them off the tivo. If the broadcast times and show names don't change then it would work quite nicely.

EDIT: I have looked through this bat file. I'm not sure I understand why some of the stuff would be done this way? It looks like it (in the ty processing logic):

1) creates a key file
2) starts gopeditor
3) muxes with the cut file
4) DEmuxes to vid and aud files
5) converts the audio file

But then in the end you still end up with separate audio and video files and you still can't mux them into an mpeg from the command line... can you?

BubbleLamp
03-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Cool, I'll take a look. I'll probably have to make changes as my audio is already at 48khz and I need to downsample it to 44.1. It will be nice to see what tools are being used, though. I'm actually thinking about a perl based, COMPLETELY automated script. One that will, at scheduled times, telnet over, start tserver, pull over specific shows, delete them from the tivo, process them locally and output a .iso of the svcd. If I actually know all of the tools needed and how to use them this sort of automation would not be hard at all to set up. You could give it a list of shows and times to yank them off the tivo. If the broadcast times and show names don't change then it would work quite nicely.

EDIT: I have looked through this bat file. I'm not sure I understand why some of the stuff would be done this way? It looks like it (in the ty processing logic):

1) creates a key file
2) starts gopeditor

But then in the end you still end up with separate audio and video files and you still can't mux them into an mpeg from the command line... can you?

I only use pieces of that bat file myself. what you want to do would definitely take more work. And I sure as heck wouldn't automatically delete anything off the Tivo until I knew I had good streams on the PC. Once I don't have to use TMPGEnc, I think the rest can be done via batch for what I do. I thought about doing something with WSH since I run WinXP, but haven't had the time to look into it.

chadbear
03-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Oh what I was talking about is definitely more work. I'm a perl developer, though, so I could get it done in a day or two, maybe a couple more to test it.

So it looks like at the end of this process, the only way to mux from the two end component files is to use tmpgenc? That sucks, unless of course tmpgenc has a command line interface. I mean, if you're going to just use tmpgenc at the end anyway you may as well save yourself half that processing and use it to convert the audio too.

mpauley
03-05-2003, 08:55 PM

1) creates a key file
2) starts gopeditor

Sometimes I take the long way around the short path :confused: ... I guess I could take out the Mux/Demux steps, but what fun would that be? Atleast I know the MPEG is insync before I break it down. Any ideas to make this better? I was going to redo this all in VB and add a timer to it so it will be automated.

--mp

AlphaWolf
03-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Beware the ides of march.

chadbear
03-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by AlphaWolf
Beware the ides of march.

?:confused:

chadbear
03-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by mpauley
Sometimes I take the long way around the short path :confused: ... I guess I could take out the Mux/Demux steps, but what fun would that be? Atleast I know the MPEG is insync before I break it down. Any ideas to make this better? I was going to redo this all in VB and add a timer to it so it will be automated.

--mp

After really thinking about your approach, it does make some sense. You demux the ty, use gopeditor (which can only be used to edit a ty, basically) to edit, then remux with the ty and the cut. This is reasonable. Then you demux so you can handle the audio. That does make sense. Unfortunately I have yet to find a way via the command line to mux with anything other than the original ty as audio source. If I could do that, I could simply add that step onto the end of your process and we'd have a full automation (except the edit step). Then I could easily wrap anything else around the script that we could want like autostart and end of tserver and such.

Chad

03-06-2003, 10:51 AM
mpauly--Thanks for the batch file. I found out the hard way that most of your commands don't work with WIN98 but it was easy enough to edit it. You might consider adding a comment line indicating the version of Windows that's needed.

No whats needed is a way to get the audio offset number and the 2 file names into IFOedit on a command line basis so that can also be automated. Not sure how long until tytools (or tystudio) will handle the whole process.