PDA

View Full Version : basic info ???

GREEK
03-06-2003, 03:03 AM
can someone point me to a how-to on putting ver2.5 on a hughes ser2 for use with hu cards and also putting lifetime sub
on ser2......

orangejaylove
03-06-2003, 04:57 AM
just do some searches and you can read the details

I'm trying to do this "sortof" myself but its not easy this is why...

2.5 and any of the extremes wont run on the HDVR2 machines the chipsets are different and that wont work...

next all hdvr2 need to use the P4 card and to change that you need to change a section of commands that tell it what card to check for run some searchs for this, lots of infomation on it but not a answer yet, gotta figure it out for yourself for now.

people here seem to be alittle hard on us newbies sometimes, stay away from questions about the p3-p4 hack theres a rule about dss hacking that there very strick about

try to get a 3.1u5xxxxxxxx type image thats what everyone is useing to get bash prompts to add programs to the tivo... where I have no idea been searching and asking for a while with no luck

basically buckle down and start reading good luck

oh I have read someplace that the fixsub 3.1 works but you should do a search on that to make sure....

I'm sure someone else will post and correct all the mistakes I just made and prolly flame me alittle but I'm trying and learning so its all good :p

mrblack51
03-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by orangejaylove
just do some searches and you can read the details

I'm sure someone else will post and correct all the mistakes I just made and prolly flame me alittle but I'm trying and learning so its all good :p

actually, that was surprisingly accurate info. you seem to have picked up the basics pretty well