PDA

View Full Version : Tivo reboots when using tytools6r2

ghost_rdr
03-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Is anyone having a problem when downloading a few gig from tivo that it will reboot after about 3 gig? I am running kraven 2.5 on a hughes Dtivo.

Thanks,
Ghost_rdr

BubbleLamp
03-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ghost_rdr
Is anyone having a problem when downloading a few gig from tivo that it will reboot after about 3 gig? I am running kraven 2.5 on a hughes Dtivo.

Thanks,
Ghost_rdr

Are you running a bunch of other processes, like Tivoweb, Samba, NFS, ftp? A Tivo can barely keep up with itself at times, and all those other apps just make it worse. I never run anything but what's needed for the moment, so for extraction it's telnet and tserver, that's it. If I need to ftp something to/from the Tivo, I load the ftp daemon, then unload it when I'm done. Using this method, I can safely extract even when the Tivo is recording, with no ill effects.

ghost_rdr
03-06-2003, 04:48 PM
I dont know to answer that. I only use my tivonet for tytools...if I have everything else running I would like to shut it off... how can I do that? and how can I tell if it is running? I know the ftp and tivoweb are running cause i can connect to them however i dont use them

please let me know how to turn off these things I do not want to mess around and mess something up.

Thanks
Ghost_rdr

captain_video
03-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Tune your DTivo to unused channels on both tuners. I used to have the same reboot problem until I tried this method. Works fine now. Oddly enough, there are times when I can be extracting, recording, and playing back a show simultaneously without a problem other than a lag in response when using the remote during playback.